“I like this place, but...”

Pizzico of Merrimack & Martini Bar
Ranked #18 of 66 Restaurants in Merrimack
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington, DC
“I like this place, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I enjoy the food at Pizzico, but when I arrived for dinner on Wednesday, I waited and waited and waited for someone to seat me, but no one ever came. I left and went to a different restaurant..what a shame....

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Doug R

Merrimack, NH
“Saturday night :-(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Right around the corner from where we live, thought we could get a good bit on Saturday night. The hostess who handles the take out pizza orders took awhile to seat us(though tables available) and the bread plates at the table sticky. Server was friendly and fast. But noticing the dirty tables around us as patrons left and stuff on the floor just didn't wow me on this saturday night. We have had drinks and apps in the bar-- bartender always great.

• Visited October 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Horrible service... But food not bad!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I go out to dinner to a restaurant, I expect good food and good service! The food was not bad, but the staff was awful! I ate in the bar, but You would have thought we were in a locker room! Bartender showing tattoos to the other staff who were cackling loud enough for all to hear! Then announced to the entire bar that she couldn't wait to start collecting alimony! Did I need to hear that? She was quick to get my drink order but I had to interrupt her cackling group staff gripe session to get a menu. I watched her make a drink that was clearly going to be returned by the customer. she watched the server bring to customer then burst out laughing and shouted into the dining room "what, you don't like it?" and took to the wait station to try it for herself! Honestly I couldn't wait to get out of there. I have never seen such unprofessional staff. The risotto was fabulous! Steak tips were so so. I will not go there again!

• Visited October 2012
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great food, amazing service, a little pricey but for the amount of food you get it's worth it. Our waitress was great Jo and the bartender whom I believe was the manager was equally as friendly I believe her name was Sammy. I order the chicken farcito and my husband ordered the chicken pizzico. AMAZING!!! was an understatement. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys real italian food. The waitress told us how the owners were authentic Italians and that explains a lot. Will be coming back soon.

• Visited September 2012
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Excellent haddock picata”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I go here frequently because it is so convenient to Cinemagic. We stopped in at 4:45 on a Friday last week. We sat at the bar nursing drinks as we were not hungry yet. Fairly quiet but by the time we left, very busy. Tammy, the bartender/manager makes a terrific blueberry martini. It is not on the martini menu but I had one this summer in Maine so asked for one here. Excellent.

We eventually ordered the seafood stuffed mushrooms, and haddock picata, both on the specials list for that night and pizza. The haddock picata exceeded my expectations. Two big pieces of flaky haddock with linguini. Excellent flavor. I took half home. I am not a big mushroom fan but my husband enjoyed the portabellas.

• Visited September 2012