“Did not enjoy this Camp!”

Camp Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Meredith
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Did not enjoy this Camp!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was hoping the dinner i had here with my family would be great since they had so many wonderful "comfort" food choices on the menu, but it was disappointing. Nothing much to rave about except for the staff who were very friendly. I had Caesar salad and mussels which was just ok. My 13 year old daughter had Mac and cheese w/lobster , which I had tried, but it wasn't that tasteful. Hoped it would be a very cheesy Mac and cheese but it was runny and not very cheesy-very disappointing!! My husband had pork baby back ribs which I didn't think would be too hard to ruin, but they did. I wish I could give them a better review but I can't. We will not be returning!! JRK

• Visited July 2013

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Probably the best of the C-Man spots in Meredith”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great room - unique, comfortable and interesting. The small size of this spot makes the service and food some of the best of the Common Man franchise. Sometimes it's hit or miss still, though, and I wonder if the C-Man uses this spot for training.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CupCrumb
CT
“our favorite place at the lake”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

its not surprising that Rachel Ray came here and reviewed the Resteraunt. great rustic atmosphere and some classic dishes. the s'mores for dessert was a real treat for the whole family.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank smhur
New York
“Like visiting summer camp”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a casual dinner near their closing time. Staff was still very welcoming and cordial. We had 2 of their specials - mussels and the tuna and chess sandwich. Both tasted great. Loved the camp decor and coziness.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank cms43
Burlington, Vermont
“I'd skip attending this camp”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant because the theme sounded fun. The camp decor was OK, but it felt a little like sitting in a Craker Barrel. The items on the menu sounded interesting, but everything from the salad to the entree's were boring. My baked fish was dry with dry crackers on top. The mixed veggies were cooked well and even without anything on them they ended up being the highlight of the meal. Our server recommended the snowball for dessert. It was 2 scoops of ice cream rolled in lightly toasted coconut with whipped cream and fudge sauce - good, but not special.

• Visited April 2013