All reviewsmill fallschurch landingpicture windowoutstanding viewsrestaurant downstairsnew englandwithin walking distancesmall balconya great staywould definitely stay here againlakecobwebsbookspropertiesmillsregion
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have driven by this hotel for years while visiting my parents in a neighboring town. I finally got the opportunity to have an "excuse" to stay here. I booked the cheapest room which is a corner room with a balcony. The room was so cozy with appropriate decor and one of the most warm and inviting hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The bed was absolute heaven. I believe they are feather beds. The balcony was great as it gave me the opportunity to enjoy the Christmas lights (including the Christmas tree lit up on the dock right in front of me) as I was there during early December. The lake is beautiful year round but this particular night in winter it was so peaceful and reflected the beautiful lights on land. I didn't eat at the restaurant but had drinks at the bar. The female bartender had an attitude, but the male bartender was very nice. The Common Man restaurants in the area are all good with my favorite being Church Landing. I would love to stay at this hotel again and hopefully I'll get a "good excuse" soon!

Room Tip: I think all rooms over look the lake so any room would be great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gagirl47
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We're from upstate NY, so it's a 4-hour drive to Meredith, NH. My son and I are big arcade game fans, so we try to make the trek to FunSpot at least once a year. The same can't be said for my wife, so one of the advantages of Mills Falls is Cascade Spa. While my son and I are enjoying the games, my wife is enjoying a wonderful massage! Very clean, right on the lake, great staff and great restaurants. We tried to eat at Waterfall Cafe for breakfast, but it was too crowded. But a great trip overall.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake are a little pricier, but worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were welcomed when we checked in by a receptionist who truly was glad we were there and wanted to be helpful. Many small touches such as coffee and tea, books to read, etc. Hotel was very clean and well maintained. The key attraction however is the lake views. Even on a rainy weekend, we loved them. Our room had a comfortable window seat overlooking the lake, although there are also balconies.
The sleeping was wonderful in a big comfortable bed. One hint. Set an alarm, we actually slept far longer than we could have have imagined!
With all of the pictures of antique boats, we literally could have expected F. Scott to wander in.
Lago restaurant and bar downstairs is excellent.

Room Tip: Be certain you have a lake view. Decide whether you also want a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shoresideone
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our family traveled to Meredith, NH for the first time and stayed at the perfect hotel! The Bay Point was absolutely heavenly. From the breathtaking view of the lake and mountains to the the ultra plush sleeping beds, our trip couldn't have been better. Our daughter was wed on a nearby family island among pines, crystal clear water, beautiful skies, and roaming mountains ranges. We wish we could have stayed longer and just sat on the balcony to inhale the beauty surrounding us. Early mornings, late afternoons, and late quiet evenings on the lake were truely magical. We will be back soon!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have water views with great balconies where you feel you can reach out and touch the water. The 4th floor rooms have window benches by the window rather than a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

If the weather is perfect it is worth it to stay here. You can sit on the balcony and enjoy the view, or dine lakeside downstairs at Lago. You should know that if you want to swim, you must walk or ride over to Church Landing. You can stroll to the tour boats, the shops at Mills Falls , or other reataurants. Pricey.

Room Tip: We had the corner room which is cramped sitting side by side on the balcony.The view was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends