“Lovely Stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
hluvsm
“Lovely Stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

My wife and I had a one night's stay. The views are spectacular. Each room has a view of the Lake. Our room had a king bed with sofa sitting area, nice cozy fireplace and a small balcony overlooking the lake. The room also had a dvd player if someone wanted snuggle down for the night with a movie. The only draw back was the king bed. Although the it did have padded mattress, there seemed to be a bulge down the middle of the bed. Both my wife and I noticed it.
They library and common area was great, and the outdoor pool and hot tub was great too. We ate the lounge food and prices are reasonable for a hotel establishment. The continental breakfast was spectacular; but it was good, espially the scones.
Overall it was a relaxing night and we would like to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hluvsm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Worcester, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel and wished we could have stayed for many more. We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful woman at check-in. The process was very smooth and efficient. We had booked a deal on travelzoo and received every piece of the special in one envelope, which was very organized and useful.
Our room 157 was very large and clean. It had a gas fireplace with a cozy sitting area in front of it, king size bed with a headboard made from birch logs, and a very large bathroom with a "real" 2 person jacuzzi tub. This tub was the size of a loveseat width wise and the length of a regular tub. It was fantastic!
The hotel also had a heated pool that was both indoors and outdoors. There was also a jacuzzi both inside and outside. We used the outdoors one, which had a fantastic view of the lake and the stars. While we were out there a maintenance man lit the outdoor firepit. It was so romantic to be in the jacuzzi, under the stars, with a roaring fire right next to you.
We had dinner at Lago. I highly recommend the Butternut Squash ravioli. It was mouthwatering! The waitress was excellent as well.
We paid $179 for our huge, lakefront room that also came with a $25 spa credit and 2-for-1 lunch or brunch and dinner coupons. It was definitely a great value. However, this room normally goes for $300-400 a night. Look for the deals and it is well worth it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Honeymooners92
Billerica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed at Church Landing for Valentines day weekend. The room was beautiful, spacious, clean and modern. I liked that it had a little section with a coffee maker and a mini fridge. We often pack snacks and have to keep them in our cooler, the fridge was an added bonus I didn't know we had. I loved how all the properties are linked and the restaurants as well. We ate at Lago for Valentines dinner and it was absolutely delicious. Our watiress Tara (?) was great.
The bed was enormous and the featherbed and 6 pillows made it hard to get out of in the morning... :)
We used the hot tub and pool at 2am, which I liked, because you find many places have these amenities closed at this time. I like to have access when I feel like it, not when they tell me i can. The outside jacuzzi was awesome in the cold, and they had an abundance of oversized towells at hand.

I cant wait to go back in the summer, when we can utilize the lake and warm weather activities.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travlr247
Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2008

Stayed here with my husband and 2 kids for a 2 day late summer getaway. When we arrived a bit early, the staff was very apologetic that they could not accommodate our unexpectedly early arrival, but got our room ready quickly. Staff were small town friendly and helpful when we were looking for attractions to entertain the kids .

The room was luxurious and spotless. The beds were so obscenely pouffy that a stool was required for my little one to hop in bed. Beds and pillows were comfy. TV was present, but discreetly hidden in a cabinet, to preserve the "lodge" look of the room. My only complaint about the room is that it was a bit dark, but that goes with the lodge theme to a certain extent.

Indoor and outdoor hottubs, and inside/outside pool were perfect. The lake was icy but swimmable.

Continental breakfast was included in our room rate, and was fresh and perfectly adequate. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but did have dinner at a banquet and it was very good.

The nearby shopping village in Meredith was good for a half day's shopping (touristy). Nearby Weir's beach is a tradtional old style resort with boardwalks and ancient arcades. Worth a stop.

I can't imagine that I will be in this part of the US any time again soon, but if I were, I would happily return to this resort.

• Liked — Great common areas.
  • Disliked — Rooms were a bit dark.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Dr.Mom67
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

This hotel is outstanding and has a truly beautiful setting. The hotel is relatively new (4 yrs) and is situated on Lake Winnepesaukee. The grounds of the hotel are unbeatable. The view from our room was breath-taking (reminded me a bit of the view from Chateau Lake Louise).

Our room was fantastic. It faced the landscaped grounds & the lake. Had large french doors opening to a small, but adequate balcony. The balcony had 2 rockers and a table.

The room had a built-in tv, fireplace, 2 large comfy chairs & ottoman, desk, huge bed (with step to get up) with featherbed on top, small granite coffee bar area. The bathroom was new, great - granite counters. The only criticism I have of this hotel is the very basic toiletries that they provide. They just aren't up to par with the rest of this hotel.

The common areas of the hotel are fabulous - great lobby with large fireplace and sofas. Lots of other seating areas for playing checkers & chess (both provided), lounging, reading the paper (provided). There are large sofa benches under the large picture windows which look out onto the grounds & lake. There is complimentary hot beverages at all times another area of the lobby. There is one computer in the lobby for guest use.

Aside from the beautiful lake-front setting, the grounds are outstanding & extensively landscaped both in front & back of the hotel. Walking around the grounds is a treat & there is seating all over the place. In the back, there are many pairs of white Adirondak chairs perched on the edge of the lake, overlooking the water. The front of the hotel is beautifully landscaped as well. In the evening, we sat in rockers on the front porch & talked. The fragrance of the flowers nearby is heavenly.

Breakfast is included with the room. It consists of cereal, delicious scones & other breads (e.g., bagels), coffee, juice. There is a restaurant in the hotel that we did not go to; instead, we walked along the boardwalk and ate at the outdoor restaurant next door, Town Docks.

The staff was excellent.

• Liked — It is absolutely beautiful
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank safegal
Halifax, NS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights and were extremely surprised by this Hotel!!

The hotel is well located, bordering the Lake. The decor inside is what makes this hotel so spectacular!! It feels like a cabin, bordering a lake. White Birch is everywhere!!! And the decor is a mix of Snow shoes, skis, skates, etc. I loved every public room that I've seen!! The bar and restaurant next door to the bar has an excellent view of the Lake. The hotel is at the beggining of the busy road strip and there is a Christmas shop right next door.

The hotel has an indoor/outdoor pool that is year round. The indoor pool has a little opening to go outside. Reminds me of a Fairmont Hotel set up. The outside area has a fireplace set-up and they light it up at night.

We were booked in a suite and what a good first impression did we get!!! The room was HUGE!!! A long corridor with a closet was at the entrance, then the room with a very comfortable king size bed (made of birch), fireplace, sitting area with 1 rocking chair, 1 comfy chair and a sofa, a desk and the balcony (small but adequate) was overlooking the Lake with 2 chairs and 1 table. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi with a seperate shower area and the bathroom was fairly large as well. To this date, this is my favorite room of all hotels I've stayed in (and I've travelled quite a bit!!).

The hotel has a boardwalk that will bring you from one part of the Mill Falls to the next (the complexe is quite large, with 3 Inns, 7 Restaurants and several bars). We ate at Lagos (Italian restaurant) and the food was excellent!! The property has a gazeebo bordering the lake that would make for an excellent Wedding. They also rent Kayaks but am unaware of the price.

I really liked my stay at this hotel and would definately return!! This is an excellent spot for a romantic getaway.

• Liked — The room decor
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdma03
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Church Landing for two nights at the beginning of June. Since we stayed there from Sunday to Tuesday, the hotel was very quiet especially since the busy summer season had not yet begun.

The property is located right off the main street at the beginning of town. Since we were there off season, there was not much traffic however I could see this being very different in a few weeks time.

When I made the reservations by calling the hotel, I was able to receive the special offer that they ran for the month of May. As a result, I was promised a lake front room with balcony for about $100 less than the regular price. Upon check-in, I asked if we could get a free room upgrade since the hotel was not busy. The woman at the front desk agreed and said we would be staying in a room that was somewhat bigger. What an understatement! We were given one of the largest suites in the hotel which normally goes for over $400 per night (we paid a little more than half of that).

The room, located on the top floor of the hotel, was very spacious with a high ceiling, huge king size bed, sofa bed, desk, separate eating area, gas fireplace, large LCD TV and balcony.

The balcony was large enough for two people to sit and to view the outside grounds, Meredith Bay and other nearby properties.

The bed was high off the ground and very comfortable. The linens were of good quality but surprisingly it did not include a quality duvet.

The bathroom was also large with a jacuzzi and separate shower. The shower was quite small with the walls made of plastic and the door to it very flimsy (not what I would expect in an expensive suite). Outside of the bathroom was a sink with bottled water and extra counter space.

The common areas inside and outside of the hotel were beautiful and perfect to sit and relax by reading a book and sipping a glass of wine.

There is free wireless internet service both inside and outside of the hotel.

The indoor/outdoor pool was quite small but sufficient for taking a quick dip. There is also an outdoor jacuzzi near the pool.

We ate the continental breakfast that was included as part of the room rate. It consisted of various beverages (juice, milk,coffee, tea and hot chocolate), cold cereal, fresh fruit, scones, muffins, toast and jam.

Our last day, we walked around the town and browsed through the various shops. They are the standard kind of stores catering to tourists but pleasant enough to browse through.

For dinner, I would recommend the Canoe restaurant. It is a short drive from the hotel and it serves excellent food in a casual atmosphere.

Overall, we had a most enjoyable time at Church Landing. It provided us with the quiet relaxing getaway that we were looking for at the time.

• Liked — spaciousness of the suite
  • Disliked — lack of a quality duvet
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SirTeddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Mill Falls at the Lake
#2 of 6 in Meredith
Ballard House Inn
Ballard House Inn
#1 of 6 in Meredith

Been to Church Landing at Mill Falls? Share your experiences!