“A Beautiful Time at Church Landing”

Church Landing at Mill Falls
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here on December 27, 2012 for a holiday overnight getaway. It was so peaceful and relaxing and the scenery was indescribably beautiful. This is by far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in and is certainly worth the while if you're planning to spend some time in the beautiful town of Meredith.

The decor of this hotel (especially at Christmas time) is breathtaking, the staff is fantastic, the building is so clean (especially the rooms) and the adult pool in the Boat House Lodge is gorgeous. Take some time to treat yourself and stay at Church Landing. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Boat House Lodge and couldn't have been happier. The room was spacious and welc...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place!! No other place around that even compares! The spa is wonderful. Beatiful location! Most comfy beds! Didn't want to leave. I would recoomend Church Landing to anyone. My fiance and I had a great time. At the Lakehouse We even were able to get a very tasteful Filet Mignon at lunch. They don't usually have that on the lunch menu. Our waitress checked for us to see if they would make one for the both of us and they did!! Made our day as we were very hungry. For STEAK. .It was cooked pefectly!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We recently visited for a wedding. We stayed for the weekend and found the rooms very comfortable...especially the beds. Loved the fireplace in the room and their placement throughout the hotel. We had breakfast at the Lake house grill and dinner at Mames..both were very good. We never felt cold at all in any of the areas within the hotel. It is decorated nicely with country elegance is all that comes to mind. Great place to relax. Also, the wedding went very smoothly and was beautiful.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A few weeks ago I stayed at the "sister" property of Church Landing so this trip I decided to try Church Landing. I struck gold. The room is so rustic and warm and peaceful. The fireplace is a nice gas fireplace that offers a nice fire versus many hotels I have stayed at that only show embers. The view of the lake from your balcony is spectacular. The beds and pillows are so comfy cozy. Unfortunately I became ill during my trip and had to stay in my room for 2 days but there is no other place I would have rather been! They offer tea and coffee and breakfast items complimentary in the morning in the 3rd floor lounge. The restaurant onsight, another Common Man restaurant, is really good and we have known the waitress Jackie there for years. She is such a sweet lady. All in all a wonderful hotel on the lake with rustic decor and a warm and cozy room. You will hate to leave!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My hubby and I went here recently for an anniversary getaway. It was a few days before Christmas, so the lodge was decorated so lovely, and seemed to be very quiet. We had a room that faced the lake (not all do, be sure to ask when you make your reservation), and even in the middle of a driving rainstorm we enjoyed the view from our little balcony on the 4th floor. The room had a fireplace, king bed, was well equipped, clean, really comfy bed, nice bathroom and quaintly decorated with lake lodge decor. Due to the layout of the lodge, you don't get square, cookie-cutter rooms, each seems to have something unique and varying price structure depending on what you want. The grounds are quite scenic, right on the lake, nicely landscaped, lots to do. Since it was winter, we availed ourselves to the indoor-outdoor pool and hot tub, as well as the fitness room. All were clean and lovely. We had dinner and breakfast in the Lakehouse Grille, both were outstanding with excellent service and excellent food. We walked through the bar, and that too looked like a great place to hang out, have a meal, meet friends. Lots of lovely little shops within walking distance in the village, and a variety of great restaurants to choose from. There is free coffee/hot chocolate/tea in the lobby 24/7, and in the morning there is an assortment of "to go" items (yogurt, granola bars, fruit, croissants) if you don't feel like having a sit down meal. Looks like a great place for a function such as wedding or reunion! The only thing I wanted but it wasn't provided in the room was a robe. Didn't ask for one either, but perhaps they provide on request. Would have been nice for going to and from the pool. The pool area has bathrooms, adequate for changing, but not a shower/locker room setup. Even though we only live an hour away, we hope to go back someday!

Room Tip: If you want a lake view, be sure to ask for it. There are rooms of varying amenities - the higher p...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Okay, fellow traveler's, I am sharing my heart with you here now, so listen up. This hotel is magical. The beds are perfect, fireplaces in every room, a staff that takes your every need as their personal quest, a fabulous restaurant on the premises, an indoor/outdoor pool, I could go on and on. Let's put it this way....I love Church Landing even MORE than I love my Patriots!! Just don't take my room, or I'll have to hurt you, LOL! Seriously, you will fall in love!!

Room Tip: .EVERY room is a great room that faces the Lake. This is one well-thought out hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty R
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've stayed at Church Landing and also their other property "Mills Falls" numerous times and in different seasons.
I have to say Winter is one of my favorites. Church Landing is magical when its snowing outside.
Fireplaces everywhere, cozy corners with jigsaw puzzles and checkers. . . i love this place.
The food is good, the rooms are clean and the atmosphere cant be beat! It sits right on Lake Winnipesaukee and is a short walk to the old fashioned town of Meredith where you can shop for antiques, clothes, toys etc. Theres also a wonderful spa here which I've used numerous times . . no complaints. I have had facials, massages and mani/pedicures. The steam room doesnt produce much steam so thats a minor disappointment. Other than that, you wont be disappointed stayed here. Wonderful place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sassy96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Mill Falls at the Lake
#2 of 6 in Meredith
Center Harbor Inn
Center Harbor Inn
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor

Been to Church Landing at Mill Falls? Share your experiences!