“SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hart's Turkey Farm

Hart's Turkey Farm
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Meredith
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Haverhill, New Hampshire
“SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Dined yesterday at a place I've come back since 1955 when it was no bigger than a diner and now its colossal in size still serving great turkey. I always stop when in the area and get a craving for turkey, memories from the childhood days I guess. When I say somethings never change, you could say that about the same boring fixings they serve. They still serve the homemade carrot relish with saltine crackers when you sit down...yuck in my book but that's my taste. The vegetables with the meal have always been for the now 90yr old generation. If you like squash or beets you have it made. Time for a change in the selection folks!! Not alot of choice on the salad dressings either.
Okay, I'll say something good now, if you're wondering why the very good rating after all the negative. It's simply the fresh turkey dinners, fresh mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce that is very good.
I keep going back for the turkey but prepare myself for the letdown of the fixings each time I go and one of these days they'll get with the program and change at which time they may get an excellent from me at least.

• Visited October 2012

Lake Placid, Florida
“Thanksgiving All Year Long”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was Columbus Day in America but Thanksgiving in Canada. Thanks to Hart's I enjoyed a feast just as good as mom's! Thank-you.

Visited October 2012
Illinois
“Godd but not great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was a bit disappointed. While the food was good, it was more factory style. The servers were nice, but I had the feeling they were just going through the motions. It's a place were you go once, but not again.

• Visited September 2012
Gloucester, VA
“Thanksgiving Dinner Any Time of Year!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

A co-worker recommended this restaurant to me while my husband and I were renting a lake house in New Hampshire, and it was also recommended to me by a very helpful sales lady at Weirs Beach, so we gave it a try for a late lunch.

We both enjoyed the carrot relish and crackers and bought some to bring home with us to VA. We also both went traditional and just had the small portion turkey dinner - I can't imagine what the large must look like! Neither of us could finish our portions and I had enough leftover for dinner (and it tasted great microwaved later)! The turkey was tender, moist and juicy - I wish we could cook it like that once or twice a year!

On our way out, I bought some of their delicious turkey chili and we had that for dinner one night - it was terrific and we have vowed to try to make it ourselves. Staff was friendly and service was very good. Definitely recommend to all that you try this restaurant if you love turkey (and I do)!

• Visited September 2012
Gloucester, VA
“Talking Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had been hearing about this place for years and finally got to go. It lived up to all expectations. Everyone in our party of six had a meal they enjoyed. Service was timely and all orders were correct. Wait staff was friendly and efficient.

• Visited August 2012