“The owner's attitude is worse than the food.”

Giuseppe's Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Meredith
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: One of the Lakes Region's most loved restaurants since 1989 for Lunch, Dinner and Late Night! Located in the heart of Meredith, NH across from Lake Winnipesaukee in the historic Mill Falls Marketplace, Giuseppe's is a unique and popular must-visit landmark establishment known for being “Very Musical, Very Italian & Very Good!” Checkered table cloths, old wooden beams and a festive Italian atmosphere accompany the nightly live musical entertainment and delicious food. The expansive menu has “something for everyone” and includes award winning hand-tossed pizza, classic Italian specialties, a variety of chicken, seafood, steak, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, salads, sandwiches, soups and desserts. The two bars are equipped with all of the finest spirits, ten beers on tap, a fantastic International Wine List with more than 100 selections and televisions for the sports enthusiasts.“The Grotto” at Giuseppe’s, created in the original foundation of the old Linen Mill Building next to the Waterfall at Mill Falls, is a cozy, natural rendition of an old-world Italian “Cellar” with wrought iron, brick, wood and stone where dinner is served nightly and private functions are hosted. “The Grotto” transforms into a late-night mini dance club at 10 pm on Friday and Saturday nights, and Karaoke is hosted every Thursday night. Reservations are gladly accepted and highly recommended. Please call for reservations, take-out, delivery and private function booking information.
Meredith, New Hampshire
“The owner's attitude is worse than the food.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've eaten at Giuseppe's many times and over the years it's just gone downhill. I would not have gone here but the group I was with tonight chose this place. My salad was maybe 35% green lettuce, the rest was the white bitter part that is usually thrown away. My main course was broiled "haddock", had dry uncooked breadcrumbs on top and no seasoning. The mashed potatoes had no flavor as well and my mixed vegetable consisted of broccoli, carrots, zucchini and summer squash which were uncooked and not seasoned. After taking a few bites I pushed my plate aside and waited for our server. I had no complaints about her, she was very polite and overall did a decent job. When she came over I asked if she could wrap my food up so I could fix it when I got home. She asked me what was wrong with it and I informed her of the above issues with my main course. At this point she appeared very nervous, apologized and asked if I was willing to tell the manager what I had just said. I told her I had no problem with that and a while later one of the owner's came to the table. She picked up my plate and with a rude voice asked what was wrong. After informing her of the same thing I told the waitress she said, "We've never, NEVER had a complaint about our haddock EVER." My response was, "Well... this was just bad." She said, "Well if you're not going to get something else I'll take this off the bill." and just walked away after I told her I was all set. She was very arrogant, did not apologize once and gave me the impression she thought I was the problem. The rest of our food was about the same to a little bit better. I can honestly say this was my last straw and I will never return again.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Elyse S
Julesventura, Guest Relations Manager at Giuseppe's Pizzeria, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Elyse,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent experience at Giuseppe's. We are certainly disappointed that your visit was not all that it could
have been.

We would like to apologize to you. Your satisfaction is always the priority of the restaurant, the owner and its staff. Our policy when a guest is not satisfied with their meal is to either re-make the meal immediately or to offer our guests the menu so that they may make another selection that is prepared to their satisfaction and as quickly as possible.

We would have greatly appreciated the opportunity to fix the problem for you and did not feel that you should pay for your meal and take it home to fix.

We sincerely apologize that we were unable to make you happy.

Should you decide that you would like to dine with us in the future we hope that you will allow us to make certain that everything is prepared to your satisfaction.

Guest Relations Manager

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Concord, New Hampshire
“Great Food, Huge Menu”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

There are so many options for dining in the area. Guiseppe's has become one of my favorites. The menu is huge, and I have never been disappointed. It may not be as fancy as some of the other area restaurants, but it always delivers.

North Stonington, Connecticut
“Huge Salad, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

After browsing the shops at Mill Falls, we stopped in for lunch. The atmosphere was lively, the server was friendly and the salad was huge. My husband also ordered a salad and his was equally large. We enjoyed our lunch, loved the service, and left full and satisfied.

Warren, NH
“Loudest place in the Lakes Region”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Probably it was meant to have a fun atmosphere, but I found it just unpleasantly loud, with music playing that couldn't be enjoyed over the noise. I don't even remember our pizza.

North Stonington, Connecticut
“Spinach Salad”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and were not disappointed. We had salads. I had a spinach salad that was massive. It had bacon, egg, mushrooms alot of food . The 24oz brown ale was just as good. Will return.