“Best pizza in town”

Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Meredith
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: One of the Lakes Region's most loved restaurants since 1989 for Lunch, Dinner and Late Night! Located in the heart of Meredith, NH across from Lake Winnipesaukee in the historic Mill Falls Marketplace, Giuseppe's is a unique and popular must-visit landmark establishment known for being “Very Musical, Very Italian & Very Good!” Checkered table cloths, old wooden beams and a festive Italian atmosphere accompany the nightly live musical entertainment and delicious food. The expansive menu has “something for everyone” and includes award winning hand-tossed pizza, classic Italian specialties, a variety of chicken, seafood, steak, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, salads, sandwiches, soups and desserts. The two bars are equipped with all of the finest spirits, ten beers on tap, a fantastic International Wine List with more than 100 selections and televisions for the sports enthusiasts.“The Grotto” at Giuseppe’s, created in the original foundation of the old Linen Mill Building next to the Waterfall at Mill Falls, is a cozy, natural rendition of an old-world Italian “Cellar” with wrought iron, brick, wood and stone where dinner is served nightly and private functions are hosted. “The Grotto” transforms into a late-night mini dance club at 10 pm on Friday and Saturday nights, and Karaoke is hosted every Thursday night. Reservations are gladly accepted and highly recommended. Please call for reservations, take-out, delivery and private function booking information.
Clifton Park, New York
“Best pizza in town”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Worth a visit if you like good pizza. A little pricey for a family, but you can always share a meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kennebunkport, Maine
“great ambiance, live music, good food at very reasonable prices...”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Guiseppe's is obviously as popular with the locals as folks from away - always a good sign The bar scene fills on nights when there is entertainment. Great Italian bistro ambiance, and good food at very reasonable prices...views of the waterall, and kids menu too!

Stow, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great venue for wedding rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had our rehearsal dinner at Giuseppe's for our wedding in late June. Julie was great to deal with and was 100% willing to set up the Grotto exactly as we wanted it. Everything was just perfect and the food was great! It was a nice private setup in a beautiful area! I would highly recommend Giuseppe's.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Anna H
Meredith, New Hampshire
“what I think”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Giuseppe’s brings credence to the adage “ go where the locals go”. Indeed, as a local, nary’s a time when I go into Gsep’s and not find someone I’m happy to see. Giuseppe’s embodies the qualities that, by my way of thinking, are requisite for a great establishment: LEGACY- Gsep’s was founded by namesake Giuseppe Gnerre, and is currently run by his wife Annelle and daughter Julie. Giuseppe Gnerre was a lover of music and in keeping with his tradition, Gsep’s presents live performers every evening.
HISTORY- My grandfather was an immigrant in the early 1900’s, just like all those you see in the documentaries. He settled in an Italian section of Medford, MA, right around the corner from the DePasquale Bros Pizzeria. The DePasquale’s were fresh off the boat themselves, and had brought with them their old school pizza recipe. Now, say what you want about pizza these days, there is a wide assortment of excellent variations on the theme, but all good ideas come from somewhere, and there is such a thing as genuine italian pizza; that’s what the DePasquale Bros. made. True to the ethnic tendencies of the day, my father became friends with all the italian folks in the neighborhood, including the DePasquale’s, and thus, many moons later, my Dad weekly brought the family to DePasquale’s. We’d sit in the big round booth in the back and have pizza - twas a family tradition that lasted through my early formative, and slightly later ne’er do well days. We had family weddings and reunions there, and many a time we would dine and the Brothers would come out to greet us all and make us feel, well, like family. I guess it was my good fortune to have grown up with what I have come to know as the “real thing”. Giuseppe Gnerre learned how to make pizza by working at DePasquale’s, and when he moved north to open his own establishment, he brought this traditional recipe with him. So, imagine my delight when, after the better part of a lifetime spent meandering about, I set down my roots in lovely Meredith to find the genuine italian pizza of my youth right down the street! And, as I say, as creative, even genius, so some may claim, the modern uptakes to the pizza concept have become, there is a source to the idea, and when one digs into a freshly served Gsep’s pizza, it’s almost an involuntary response to let go a sigh and as “Ah, That's The Stuff!”. Julie has been insistent on honoring the heritage of her fathers recipe and musicality. For me, this is Humanity 101, and sadly, is oft forgotten.
STAFF- once again, this is my way of thinking; one of the most tell-tale signs of a well run establishment is ‘staff longevity’. Many of Gsep’s staff have been there for years. There are daughters working there whose mothers worked there before them. Young couples will work there as teens, meet, become involved, get married and continue to work there as married couples, bringing their children in; a tremendous sense of family resides. The staff moves quickly with an ease of comfort facilitated by good management, warm & understanding leadership, and the simple love of a job well done. It’s a pleasure to watch it all go down. Over the scene presides Julie, like a celebrity host(ess), meeting, greeting, visiting, capable and willing, if needs be, to do any of the tasks required, from cooking to bussing tables, as all true leaders should.
DECOR/LOCAL-what’s not to say about the Mill Falls Building. A classic old mill building; the place is solid as stone and creaks like crazy. It’s as if the structure were breathing, and I imaging most tradesmen would say that’s exactly right. Gsep’s is the beating heart of the building right in the heart of the town. There really is no place in Meredith more centrally located than Gsep’s. As for ambiance, if I had all the money in the world, (don’t you just love that phrase?) my house would look just like Gsep’s - lofty post-n-beam ceiling, warm sienna wood tones, dangling lights, walls covered with pictures and memorabilia that present a coffee table book-like synopsis of modern colloquial New England history . . . and of course, red checkered table cloths.
FOOD- I believe that in any establishment, with all the above pieces in place, it’s practically guaranteed that the product will be good. I have had just about everything Giuseppe’s has ever cooked up and it’s all good stuff, reasonably priced and in generous portion. Virtually everything I have ever gotten there has provided me with two or more meals. Dining at Gsep’s often doubles as grocery shopping for the next couple o’ days
So that’s my review. It may not cover the bullet points of a standard Zagat rating, but this is the stuff I look for in my ongoing search for quality of life, and I have found a healthy helping of it here at my favorite hometown joint. Thanks for reading.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank joelcage
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“casual but nice, good food.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Dessert! Brownie with ice cream was huge! small but good selection of draft beers - same at other places in town.