“So much fun and the food is good too”

Griddle in the Middle
Ranked #17 of 36 Restaurants in Meredith
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: With a Griddle in the Middle of every table and a creative menu of toppings, you are your own chef! All you can eat pancakes (all day) along with sides, omelets, French toast and more. For lunch we have create-your-own grilled cheese, soups and salads. Fun for the whole family!
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
“So much fun and the food is good too”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

A restaurant where the tables have griddles in the middle. Unlimited pancake batter. Huge choice of things to put in the pancakes and generous portions of whatever you choose. Or you can make your own omelet. We had a blast and left stuffed. Oh and the service was excellent too. What can I say but "Go!"

• Visited August 2013

new england
“stay away!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Once I found out we had to cook our own breakfast I wanted to leave but my husband wanted to give it a shot,it was nasty. I ordered just buttermilk pancakes, no toppings, and my husband ordered an omelet with cheese with lox on the side. I had coffee, he had milk. The waitress brought over a pitcher of batter and sprayed the griddle with a can that sits on every table, I had to keep my hand over my coffee to keep the oil spray from getting into it. She offered to cook my pancakes for me and poured some batter onto the griddle for two small pancakes, she stood by as they cooked and I told her to leave I could flip them myself. Once I had my pancakes she brought over a small bowl of beaten eggs and about 2tbs. worth of shredded cheese for my husbands omelet. This poor girl had no idea how to cook. The omelet was runny, my husband said the lox had a funny taste, the pancakes were sad and as others reviewers have written, the liquid they have on the table in place of maple syrup is a real insult. So this horrible, unedible meal, that didn't even include toast by the way, cost us $17 and change. We left a $20 dollar bill and went elsewhere for breakfast. I can honestly say this was my worst restaurant experience.

• Visited August 2013
“Fun for the family!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Loved this place! We went back a couple of times just because we had so much fun with the griddle, cooking our food "hibachi" style. The owner visited with us each time and made it so much fun! He is awesome and was so good to us.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sherrinickelmilstone
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Pancake "hibachi" the kids loved!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped here for a pancake breakfast but got more than we expected! We had no idea that each table really had a griddle in the middle of each table. We had a party of 8 so we had one long table with a griddle at each end.. Beware, the price can get out of control quickly. We allowed the kids to pick one topping each ($.95 - $1.95) and then share amongst themselves. You are provided all the batter for all you can eat and a lesson on cooking pancakes. Most people would not like to cook for themselves at a restaurant, but 3 weeks later the kids are still talking about it. We really enjoyed themselves! The pancakes were great. Pistachio strawberry! Combinations you create yourself that you probably never thought of or tried.

• Visited July 2013
Sandwich, New Hampshire
“expensive, and you have to do your own cooking”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very expensive...they should be charging half of what they are charging. You have to cook your own breakfast, and you are still expected to leave a tip. Enough said. Skip this place, it is a tourist trap that will not last long in this area. They are one burned kid or a customer with food poisoning (who didn't cook his eggs all the way through) away from a serious lawsuit.

• Visited July 2013