“Weekend Get-away”
Review of The Tuckernuck Inn

The Tuckernuck Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Meredith B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I visited the Tuckernusk Inn last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Donna, the innkeeper, was very friendly and cordial, and obviously loves the inn and all her customers. She called me on my cellphone while we were driving to the inn to insure our driving directions were correct and to let us know that she was waiting to welcome us. Upon our arrival Donna greeted us with a hearty laugh, sincere hospitality and a coupon for dinner at a nearby restaurant. The breakfasts were delicious (apple pancakes, fresh muffins and omelets). The bedroom was charming and the living area included a cozy fireplace. The inn was only a few minutes away from shopping in the downtown area and Donna was very knowledgable about which shops would cater to our interests. I highly recommend the Tuckernuck Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Tuckernuck Inn is a great place to stay. Donna is just the sweetest hostess. Keepsake Quilting is just the next town over so we were in seventh heaven.
The breakfast was delicious. From fresh orange juice, wild blueberry muffins and apple pancakes.
Just streets away from the downtown area. Lots to do and see. Will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Tuckernuck. Donna was very accommodating on our need to check in early. Rooms were great. Breakfast was super, especially the home blended coffee. Just far enough from town to be quiet at night, but you can walk there in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Room 1 has an awesome gas fireplace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Plymtuxet
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our stay at the Tuckernuck Inn for Christmas was great. Donna went out of her way to be helpful and friendly, My wife is gluten sensitive and Donna even had gluten free muffins for her. Try to get that at a regular hotel. The Inn itself was done up in style and looked great. Everything was in good condition and we had a great time. Thanks Donna!

Room Tip: One room has a fireplace and looked great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dgator70
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been going to the Fine Arts and Crafts Festival for the past ten years and always stay at the Tuckernuck Inn. The rooms at the inn are kept lovely. Breakfast is always very delicious and I love that the table is set with such pretty china. I would highly recommend the Tuckernuck Inn for a relaxing and Friendly stay. Donna and Kim are wonderful Innkeepers.

Room Tip: We always take #3 "The Big Room" because it larger than we have at home.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Dear Reader,
This past weekend, John and I arrived at the Tuckernuck Inn as boyfriend and girlfriend and left 2 days later as fiances! We drove up from Philadelphia, PA to visit John's family in Gilford, NH, in what I thought was a trip to finally meet his mother. Little did I know that this would be the best weekend ever! We were very warmly greeted Friday evening by Donna, and we instantly felt right at home. We chose to stay in Room 3 and booked it a couple of months in advance, not knowing it was the only room with a wonderfully warm gas fireplace! We went out to dinner with John's family and we returned to the Tuckernuck around 11 pm. I was "tuckered out" and ready for bed, but John insisted I stay awake. He turned on the gas fireplace, lit tealight candles he brought (unbeknownst to me) and poured me a glass of Moscato. The ambience was very romantic and relaxing. John asked me to sit on the floor with him, in front of the fireplace, so I obliged (but admittedly, I was cranky b/c I wanted to sleep). He then told me he had something to ask me. I waited. He then asked me if I would marry him. I thought I was dreaming and could not believe my ears! I asked him if he was kidding (John says my eyes got really wide and that my voice went up two octaves). He then reached into his bag, pulled out a tiny black box, got on his knee and opened the box. The ring was perfect and took my breath away. But before I said yes, I lamented he was supposed to ask my dad for permission first. John replied: "Already did...2 days earlier." My dad gave his permission and needless to say, I said YES! John had bought the ring in September and planned for two months how to propose. I was completely surprised and had no idea what his intentions were, which makes all of his efforts even more sweet. When we broke the news to Donna and the other guests at breakfast Saturday morning, everyone was so sweet and congratulatory. But Donna was very touched and said an engagement at the Tuckernuck Inn was a first that she was aware of! The rest of the weekend flew by but was truly wonderful, as we basked in the glow of our engagement. We were sad to check out Sunday morning after breakfast, but agreed we would definitely return to the Tuckernuck Inn for future visits to NH. We strongly recommend you check out this beautiful B&B and ask for Room 3! You will love your stay, just like we did. Much love and thanks to Donna and Kimbo, and hope to see you guys again soon! Thanks for being part of our history.
With love,
~Helen and John

Room Tip: Rooms go fast, so book as early as you can! Ask for Room 3; only room that has an amazing gas firepl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helen K
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a lovely B+B. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in October in room no. 3 with its own gas fire, very cosy. A delightful house in a lovely spot within walking distance of the town but beware of the hill up to the house coming back - but the Inn is worth it! Donna is a very warm and friendly host who advised us on what to see and where to go. It was our 32nd wedding anniversary and my husband had phoned ahead to arrange champagne. Not only did Donna arrange the champagne she also provided strawberries and cheese and bisciuts. She also did some laundry for us as we were on a three week road trip. Thank you Donna for helping to make our special holiday so memorable.

Room Tip: Room no.3 has a fireplace, very cosy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Mill Falls at the Lake
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor
Sutton House Bed & Breakfast
Sutton House Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 3 in Center Harbor

Been to The Tuckernuck Inn? Share your experiences!