“Listed to other reviews, to my benefit”

Mill Falls at the Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed August 17, 2009

First time in the area and we all had a great time. Meredith was perfect place for a base and Inn was great.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Be prepared to relax and enjoy the beauty of the New Hampshire Lakes Region. Casual comfort with elegant surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed here in June. Because we had small children, we opted for a suite to have the extra room. Almost 400 a night when all was said and done. It was not worth the money and not worth the trip up with so many other high end resorts in New England we could have visited. The suite had great potential but honestly I just didnt think it was as clean as it should have been. The balcony was not cleaned before we got there (dirt, bird poop, cigarette ash), there were stains on the carpet as well. The bathroom was huge and really nice- and the bed sooooo comfortable. One look out the window however and the roof/space in front of the only window to the bedroom was covered, and I mean COVERED with bird poop. We couldn't even open the window because were were afraid of the health implications- it had to have been hundreds of bird droppings. Disgusting. The room also didn't have a bad odor per se but when we walked in the room for the first time, got more of a lived in feel than a clean, fresh feel/smell. (and that was before we opened the curtains to our room with a view of bird poop city). Also now that I am thinking about it, it is a pet friendly hotel and maybe that was the odor? There were a lot of pets around the grounds...?

I let the staff know upon check out in a comment card I submitted as well as an online survey I received in the email. I got a printed response in the mail saying they hoped I'd come back again and thanks for the comments, they'd be addressed etc. I honestly though they should have thrown some incentive my way to return if they REALLY wanted me to come back. For that kind of $$, I wouldn't risk it when I could take my money elsewhere. I hope mine was an isolated experience. Front desk staff were really really nice from check-in to check out.

Overall, grounds were great, loved that we could walk to dinner, for an ice cream etc- cute little area. The pool area was nice as well. I think I just had higher expectations. Clean room being expectation #1.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I visited the Inn at Mill Falls last fall. It was delightful from the moment we stepped into the inn until the time we departed. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We loved the coffee maker in the lobby brewing one cup at a time. The entry with the beautiful wicker was so welcoming. It was fun to relax and enjoy the many newspapers. There are plenty of restaurants fin the area - all walkable.

Go - park your car - enjoy the weekend, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank mdiegel
Reviewed November 23, 2008

We visited for 4 days before the tourist season began in May. An indoor heated pool allows for warm swims. The inn is part of an old mill which has ben converted to a small mini-mall, and quaint shops and eating establishments offer good food and shopping. A breakfast restaurant offered excellent food and lunch.
Across the street is a small park and a boardwalk that wends its way for 1/2 mile along the shores of the lake. We took a day trip north to see the sighes of Franconia notch, Kankamegus Highway and Conway area. It is convenient to the scenic beauty of New Hampshire.
The staff of the hotel are great. Coffe is offered all day in the lobby, and internet is available.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank reelyor
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We were disappointed with our stay at the Inn at Mill Falls.

Although the rooms were quite clean and the view on the lake beautiful, we were expecting high class standing services... and were disappointed and upset to find out that the "continental breakfast" turned out to be orange juice, some fruits, and a few muffins... and only two small tables (for a total of six people) for the entire hotel! Furthermore, and most importantly, hygiene in that room and in the service room were obsviously under average!

All this for $300 per night... I wonder what it would have been for any of the $200 per night or less bed and breakfast you can find around the lake...

Would not recommend this hotel unless you have money to spend.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank chtoumai
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We stayed in the Bell Tower Room which was very big and really cozy. The only problem was that it was directly over the cafe and at 5.30am we were woken by the noise coming from below. The hotel apologised and said that people sometimes complained about this but they don't seem to know what it is or how to fix it. They blamed it on deliveries but given the racket went on for 2 hrs before we managed to fall asleep again I'd say it was preperation for service which would happen on a regular basis.

The pool and jacuzzi were great - we got them all to ourselves! And we liked the fact that we could happily stay in for the evening as the room was plenty big enough and had a lounge area, fire place and two TV (one by the bed and one by the sofa). We spent a great evening swimming before dinner then having pizza and wine delivered to the room and watching a movie - much better than the rain outside!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank pinkpidgin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Mill Falls at the Lake? Share your experiences!