“Has potential, but not worth the $$$$$ price tag (unclean).”

Mill Falls at the Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Providence, RI
“Has potential, but not worth the $$$$$ price tag (unclean).”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed here in June. Because we had small children, we opted for a suite to have the extra room. Almost 400 a night when all was said and done. It was not worth the money and not worth the trip up with so many other high end resorts in New England we could have visited. The suite had great potential but honestly I just didnt think it was as clean as it should have been. The balcony was not cleaned before we got there (dirt, bird poop, cigarette ash), there were stains on the carpet as well. The bathroom was huge and really nice- and the bed sooooo comfortable. One look out the window however and the roof/space in front of the only window to the bedroom was covered, and I mean COVERED with bird poop. We couldn't even open the window because were were afraid of the health implications- it had to have been hundreds of bird droppings. Disgusting. The room also didn't have a bad odor per se but when we walked in the room for the first time, got more of a lived in feel than a clean, fresh feel/smell. (and that was before we opened the curtains to our room with a view of bird poop city). Also now that I am thinking about it, it is a pet friendly hotel and maybe that was the odor? There were a lot of pets around the grounds...?

I let the staff know upon check out in a comment card I submitted as well as an online survey I received in the email. I got a printed response in the mail saying they hoped I'd come back again and thanks for the comments, they'd be addressed etc. I honestly though they should have thrown some incentive my way to return if they REALLY wanted me to come back. For that kind of $$, I wouldn't risk it when I could take my money elsewhere. I hope mine was an isolated experience. Front desk staff were really really nice from check-in to check out.

Overall, grounds were great, loved that we could walk to dinner, for an ice cream etc- cute little area. The pool area was nice as well. I think I just had higher expectations. Clean room being expectation #1.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
work
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I visited the Inn at Mill Falls last fall. It was delightful from the moment we stepped into the inn until the time we departed. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We loved the coffee maker in the lobby brewing one cup at a time. The entry with the beautiful wicker was so welcoming. It was fun to relax and enjoy the many newspapers. There are plenty of restaurants fin the area - all walkable.

Go - park your car - enjoy the weekend, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank mdiegel
Boston
Reviewed November 23, 2008

We visited for 4 days before the tourist season began in May. An indoor heated pool allows for warm swims. The inn is part of an old mill which has ben converted to a small mini-mall, and quaint shops and eating establishments offer good food and shopping. A breakfast restaurant offered excellent food and lunch.
Across the street is a small park and a boardwalk that wends its way for 1/2 mile along the shores of the lake. We took a day trip north to see the sighes of Franconia notch, Kankamegus Highway and Conway area. It is convenient to the scenic beauty of New Hampshire.
The staff of the hotel are great. Coffe is offered all day in the lobby, and internet is available.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank reelyor
Tours
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We were disappointed with our stay at the Inn at Mill Falls.

Although the rooms were quite clean and the view on the lake beautiful, we were expecting high class standing services... and were disappointed and upset to find out that the "continental breakfast" turned out to be orange juice, some fruits, and a few muffins... and only two small tables (for a total of six people) for the entire hotel! Furthermore, and most importantly, hygiene in that room and in the service room were obsviously under average!

All this for $300 per night... I wonder what it would have been for any of the $200 per night or less bed and breakfast you can find around the lake...

Would not recommend this hotel unless you have money to spend.

• Liked — Beautiful view on the lake
  • Disliked — Hygiene in the catering service (breakfast)
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank chtoumai
Devon, UK
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We stayed in the Bell Tower Room which was very big and really cozy. The only problem was that it was directly over the cafe and at 5.30am we were woken by the noise coming from below. The hotel apologised and said that people sometimes complained about this but they don't seem to know what it is or how to fix it. They blamed it on deliveries but given the racket went on for 2 hrs before we managed to fall asleep again I'd say it was preperation for service which would happen on a regular basis.

The pool and jacuzzi were great - we got them all to ourselves! And we liked the fact that we could happily stay in for the evening as the room was plenty big enough and had a lounge area, fire place and two TV (one by the bed and one by the sofa). We spent a great evening swimming before dinner then having pizza and wine delivered to the room and watching a movie - much better than the rain outside!

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pinkpidgin
Brecon
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Enjoyed a couple of nights - chose this option as it was the cheaper of the four sister hotels in the resort and had no regrets. Paid the extra to have the breakfast on two mornings and the one evening meal - which you had a number of choices where to eat -breakfast very good at the cafe linked to the accomodation - for the evening meal with the package we chose the italian restaurant - very crowed and meal just okay but the staff didn't seem to know what to do with the voucher I had given them When checking out of the hotel they had added the cost of the meal to my bill so in effect paying twice but as I was expecting the problem - sorted without difficulty and I put the blame with the restaurant rather than the hotel. Ate the following night at a different restaurant 'Camp?' located in the sister hotel next door - much better - food better and staff more efficient. Hotel very comfortable and nicely located. Having stayed at six different hotels during my two week holiday this was the most expensive.
Cannot fault anything about the hotel but for value I can only give four stars

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank kennmurray
Boston
Reviewed July 22, 2008

What a great find! I was more than pleased to find a new hotel with some of the best amenities available. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in, the wait staff was superb and the views were outstanding. My room had a fireplace and a jacuzzi that was unexpected. All of this for a fairly reasonable price. Now, if only Mother Nature would only be more agreeable while I am on vacation...

• Liked — The most comfortable furniture and the jacuzzi along with a great spa
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SSP2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
Ballard House Inn
Ballard House Inn
#1 of 6 in Meredith
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Mill Falls at the Lake? Share your experiences!