All reviewsmill fallschurch landingnew englandchase housebed was comfortablepool and hot tublast weekendbay pointsitting areafamily weddingcomplimentary coffeewhite mountainsoff seasonpropertieswaterfallspalake
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We enjoyed our room at the Inn at Mills Falls very much. We had a balcony overlooking Lake Winnipessaukee, a fireplace and a spacious and cozy room. There was a pool in the hotel, complimentary coffee and a wonderful restaurant, open for breakfast and lunch, connected to the hotel and the rest of the shoppes. The location of this hotel, in the very center of Meredith is perfect. The Mount Washington (large boat) leaves from the dock and there are a large number of restaurants and boutique shoppes in town, all within walking distance. All and all, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Although at a conference, I've been able to find time to enjoy this delightful lakeside hotel. The Cathedral Suite's double doors open onto a narrow but adequate balcony overlooking a peaceful sprit of Lake Winni. The grounds are bordered by a wooden lake edge walkway you can stroll to restaurants, docks and town. A beautiful, quiet respite.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Slowhand54
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Having only stayed here once I am limited in the info I can offer, but the biggest impression I got is that they work hard at making guests feel welcome. They are pet friendly, provide 24 hour automatic coffee service in the lobby, have comfortable seating scattered throughout the building along with a variety of newspapers, and the people at the desk were pleasant. The lake is right across the street (some nice Adirondack chairs in the lawn to enjoy the view). My room was good sized, very clean and the bed was comfortable. I was very surprised that the hotel had fire sprinklers only in the common areas and hallways - but not in the rooms! I was on the 5th floor (technically 3rd story I think) and the inn is a rambling, wood frame constructed building, so to me that is a very surprising lapse of safety (though probably meets the local codes). Along those lines, I was also shocked that the shower/tub did not have a grab bar. One last complaint - the parking isn't ample or convenient. Someone who isn't very strong will find it a bit of a struggle to get from the lower lot uphill to the entry, even with the luggage carts that they provide. I don't know how this inn compares to other properties around the lake but it looks well cared for and the flowers, lawn, etc. are very pretty. Certainly the close proximity to the water and the grassy area around it is a huge benefit. Also easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. Finally, the room rate seemed very fair.

Room Tip: There are several buildings at this property. One (Chase House I believe) is on the lake side. You might want to ask for a room that looks out over the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank megrey
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Mill Falls as been a staple in the area for years. I remember when I lived in the area we would have family stay there and I have watched the Inn slowly change and the town come alive. I have so many memeries of the Inn. I love how comfortable the rooms are and friendly the staff is. The decore of the Inn is well done and feels like home. It's a quality Inn with charm, unique character, and it always feels like a get away. It has little shops and places to eat all around with the sound of a rushing waterfall and a view of the lake.

Room Tip: Going off season gets you the best prices, and often food and spa discounts.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed June 19, 2012

From check in to check out everything was fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Everything around the property is kept attractive and orderly. This was my fourth year in a row staying at one of the Mill Falls properties. I will be returning next year without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends