“Always a Honeymoon”

Mill Falls at the Lake
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Meredith
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Mill Falls as been a staple in the area for years. I remember when I lived in the area we would have family stay there and I have watched the Inn slowly change and the town come alive. I have so many memeries of the Inn. I love how comfortable the rooms are and friendly the staff is. The decore of the Inn is well done and feels like home. It's a quality Inn with charm, unique character, and it always feels like a get away. It has little shops and places to eat all around with the sound of a rushing waterfall and a view of the lake.

Room Tip: Going off season gets you the best prices, and often food and spa discounts.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather G
There are newer reviews for Mill Falls at the Lake

Reviewed June 19, 2012

From check in to check out everything was fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Everything around the property is kept attractive and orderly. This was my fourth year in a row staying at one of the Mill Falls properties. I will be returning next year without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bryan D
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Church Landing of Mill Fall Inn is such a beautiful place. Nice view. Great location and great restaurants. The landscaping is unbelievable beautiful. The restaurants of Mill Falls are great. I ate at the hotels everynight. Love everything here.

Room Tip: If you stay in Church Landing, every room is nice and big with water view.
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Myself my husband and my 15 year daughter stayed at the Mill Falls Inn on May 18 to May 20. My son was graduating from Plymouth State University and we decided to book a room at the Mill Falls Inn. I have over many years have driven by the inn on my way to North Conway and always wanted to stay here. I was very disappointed. The pros: got a good rate at 120 per night, good walking distance to great restaurants and shops and great views. The cons: The inn needs an update immediately. the room we stayed at was on the bottom floor with a small patio. The rug in our room was old and stained with rips in the corners. The mattress seemed old and the room had a musty gross smell as did the hallway. The patio had uneven brick, a plant holder with cig/butts in it, ripped screen door and peeling paint on the building. The owners of the inn need to put some money into the place to spruce it up!!! I would not stay here again, but I would stay at the Church landing which was beautiful.

7  Thank Pamela A
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We traveled here with our family and in-laws and enjoyed our stay. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating - they helped us get aquiainted with the area and set up dinner reservations. We loved the location of this Inn and the spa was fantastic for my mother-in-law and I. We received stellar treatments and service while the rest of our family enjoyed the grounds, pool and a bit of shopping. Our room had a balcony and fireplace which was great in the evening because it was a bit chilly. My in-laws also had a lovely spacious room. We look forward to returning on our next visit to NH. Thank you.

1  Thank penny l
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We were heading to Maine for a memorial service and this Inn was such a nice retreat for us after an emotional day. I grew up in N.H. and miss the area very much so it was so nice to be back if only for a short time! The staff is pleasant and the whole atmosphere of the entire place is wonderful and down to earth. We would very much like to stay again the next time we are in New England.

1  Thank Kathryn D
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in May, 2012. There are four affiliated properties and we were in Church Landing. All of the properties look quite nice but Church Landing is the most appealing and is the premier property. We had a king room with balcony, bay view and fireplace. The room was very clean and nicely furnished in an Adirondack style and very comfortable. The bed had a down pillow topped mattress which was comfy but the feathers did poke through and scratch now and again. The bathroom was fairly small but nicely appointed with granite countertops and very nice wood (cedar?) floor and paneling. Whoever did the decorating on all of the properties did a great job throughout and successfully created an atmosphere of comfortable elegance in a 'woodsy' style. Lots of birch bark was in use throughout which was interesting. There is a very nice indoor/outdoor pool area overlooking the lake and a well appointed fitness room. We had a slight mishap on check-in where the small refrigerator in our room had not been emptied from the previous guests but it was promptly taken care of once reported.

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. A particular highlight was the restaurant, The Lakehouse. Do not miss the opportunity to eat here. We had dinner there two nights in a row and the food was excellent and the atmosphere extremely cozy, relaxed yet upscale. The menu was varied with many options, lite fare to full dinners. From appetizers to desert, we were impressed with the preparation and presentation. (We did eat at the bar and quite enjoyed the company and service of the bartender Aaron.) We did look at all of the restaurants in the sister hotels and I can't commend them highly enough on how well they have maintained a consistent, pleasing atmosphere through them all.

Another nice touch was 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate service available near the lobby. This includes fruit and other 'treats' throughout the day. In the morning they offer pastries, fruit, yogurt, juice, etc. so you just wander down and help yourself...very convenient.

If you are looking for anything from a romantic getaway to having a small corporate or social event, this hotel is a great option. It would be hard to be disappointed here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HNLT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor
Nutmeg Inn
Nutmeg Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith

Been to Mill Falls at the Lake? Share your experiences!