“Good choice for Lunch”

Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Meredith
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Would recommend this for simple, good quality fare at breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Too many dead flys.The filth and every table and booth is plain worn out. No a/c on and 80-85 degrees inside.New credit card machine wont alow to leave tip on reciept.Had very nice waitress,she must be the Sunshine part,great smile,pretty,smart,and should open her own place.The chicken soup was very good,ruben was very skimpy and toast over done. Cornbeef in side ruben was great tasting but not enough.price was perfect for soup and too high for ruben due to lack of meat. My first and last stop.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

But alas, no more. I don't know if they have changed owners, but it has definitely gone downhill. The last time I went there for lunch, I was appalled at the how "dirty" and generally unkept the entire place looked and felt. The whole time we were there, a waiter was scraping dirty dishes from other tables he had cleared into a trash can right in plain sight and a few feet from our table! Talk about losing your appetite....Not only that, the waiter was extremely rude. He got our order wrong TWICE, and when I politely let him know, he got extremely defensive and said in a nasty tone "Everybody makes mistakes you know!" By the time I got my correct order, everyone else had finished eating which made for an uncomfortable, rushed experience. When we received the bill, I asked for compensation since my meal had been messed up twice and arrived late. The waiter's response was to look at me incredulously and say "For what?" I talked to the manager, who very reluctantly took $5 off of the bill. I couldn't wait to get out of there and it was the first time in my life that I have not left a tip! The food itself was dry and tasted like reheated leftovers. Needless to say, we will NOT ever be going back to this place, there are many other wonderful restaurants in Meredith! Don't waste your money or time at this one! If they keep this up, I doubt they will be in business much longer anyway.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

My kids insist we go S&P's every year on the last day of our vacation to Meredith. Each year it gets worse and worse and finally this year I put my foot down and said NEVER AGAIN! We were seated right away but it took our waitress a good 5 minutes or so to come over and ask if we wanted coffee. It took another 5 minutes to get the coffee and then we made the mistake of asking for water and it took ANOTHER 5 minutes to get the water and for her finally take our order! When the coffee arrived it was obvious they just added water to the pot to stretch it out. Everyone, including the people at the tables around us, refused a second cup. My egg breakfast sandwich and the kids' pancakes were ok, but the hash browns were burnt with several black pieces in them. To top it all off - my fruit cocktail consisted of pieces of fruit soaked in water! Not juice or syrup - WATER! How can you ruin a fruit cocktail? Never again- next year we're going to George's.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

the service was friendly, the food was very good, and the prices were reasonable - would definetely visit here again