“A small problem!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester
“A small problem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel and services are good in general. However, booking through a third party eg Easy to Book has issues!! (this has happened to me with Orbitz too) One of the reasons I picked this hotel was to ensure parking and ease of travel to and from the airport. And while I thought I had this covered during the booking process apparently booking this way only covers 1 night. I might easily have gone elsewhere if I had known this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Pam L
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! We apologize that the online booking process was unclear.The fact that we do offer free overnight parking does get lost in translation when people are booking online and that is something that we will have to clarify with third party booking sites. In the future please feel free to contact the property directly. We will work with you if there is a specific price that you were quoted online and if you intend to use our Park and Fly service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Southern New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I use this hotel for their park and fly service, it was a great service. I had to be at the airport at 4:30 AM and be picked up at 11:00 pm on the return flight. I was met with very helpfull and courtious staff and driver. The room was clean, comfortable and updated. The only reason for the 4 out of 5 rating is, at the present time they are in the middle of renovations so I could not open the sliding door which will be removed in the near future to be replaced by a window as well as the parking lot is partially blocked. I am sure all that will all change when the renovations are complete. I do go to Manchester to do business quite often, so I will say this hotel will be convieniant to most downtown business that might need to be conducted. Also it is located close to food options, both fast food and quality eateries as well. I will stay there again and use the park and fly option

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mustangwitha302
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are extremely happy that you found the park and fly service as well as the staff and location to be an overall pleasant experience. We do apologize for our clutter which is evident to the renovations and do look forward to seeing you again when returning to Manchester.
Saint Charles, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I know the hotel is being updated, but still it was not a good stay.

Con's
Eggs for breakfast were little patty type eggs. Not good at all
Sausage for breakfast, not good
Shower was on strong direct force. Could not adjust it. Had to regulate the force by the shower tube dial.
Carpet cut 2 feet away from wall. Kept stepping on it when adjusting ac
Tub was slick
Toilet plumbing very strange.
Night front desk clerk seemed like she didn't want to be there. Just might have had a bad day

Pros
Quiet
Ac worked well
Nice large flat screen tv
Bed was comfortable

I guess if you need a place to stay one night, it would be ok.

Priced too high for poor quality

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about the hotel as well as bringing these issues to our attention. The exterior renovations that we have underway actually add another foot to the room due to the removal of our sliding doors and replacing them with new double-paned windows. The extra space is temporarily covered until we do our interior renovations in the fall. We are very happy that you found the room comfortable and quiet and hope that you come back and visit.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Now I know that they are working on the hotel and things will change soon so I will stay again.

First the pros: the staff was awesome. Everyone was friendly I used the airport shuttle 3 times in a week and each driver was great. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and the breakfast was good. I was very happy with all the service.

The cons: The room was rough, clean but rough. I stayed twice in a 2 week stretch for business. My first room the key didn't work each time I came back to the room. I would end up getting extra keys made so I wouldn't have to walk back down again. The 2nd room had a horrible leak after a huge rain shower. It seems like they are completely re doing the hotel so I am sure everything will be fixed.

For the most part it was a good spot to stay. Flat screen TVs are always a plus for a sports guy!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zmangolf
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. We are extremely happy that you had such a positive experience with all of the staff. We are indeed going through a major update to the hotel and completely understand the concerns. With the exterior being done we are finding that it can impact the interior greatly and those issues will be remedied immediately. We hope that you will return in the future to see the finished product!
Sinclairville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughters and I stayed here for one night and were pleased with the stay. When checking in, as always, I asked for a free upgrade and we were given a room with 2 queen beds instead of 2 doubles. The room was clean and spacious and we were more than comfortable. We checked out the pool which was very nice but ended up ordering pizza and just hanging out in the room.

Breakfast was better than I expected with some hot and cold options. We planned on being up and out by 8:30 so the noise was not an issue for us but I could see how it would be a problem for anyone wanting to sleep in. The banging and beeping started before 8am. We were told when we made our reservations that they were undergoing major renovations and that it would start early in the morning and when we checked in we were also reminded of this. From 6pm until 7:30 am it was perfectly quiet. At checkout the clerk apologized for the noise which I told her was no problem for us.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in late, better stay someplace else until the renovations are done.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marcy333
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is very good to hear that you were pleased with the accommodations and that you were informed about the renovations that are going on. We hope to wrap things up by the end of this month and then begin the interior by the end of October. We hope you come back to see us again to enjoy all of the upgrades that are in store! Thanks again for the review.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This Comfort inn has very good customer service. Clean rooms and very close to plenty of good restaurants. They are also close to Enterprise rent a car. Recieved great insights from the front desk. I was recommended to the Thai restaurant across the street "Muse thai bistro & sushi". Delicious Pad Thai and Curry. Will try sushi the next time I stay. Excellent recommendation. Looks like Comfort inn is doing alot of renovation outside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the amenities that are close by the hotel. We are indeed going through a renovation to upgrade the entire hotel so be sure to come back and enjoy a great stay and have some thai food!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We traveled from Florida to New Hampshire, so we could bring my brother in laws ashes home there to be spread. You made our stay a great experience with the front staff being very polite and caring. The rooms are being renovated, and are very big and clean. We will stay here ever time we come back to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for the review and we are extremely happy to have given you such a positive experience during a very special visit. Your kind words will be passed on to the staff and we hope to see you again!