“Good and bad”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Good and bad”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a choice privilege member I stay at many Comfort Inn hotels. This so far has been my least favorite stay as I found it to be average.

Pro's
Price- 68 plus tax per night
Breakfast included- a standard and great feature of the Comfort Inn hotels
Indoor Pool- We didn't use the facitity but it seems clean and sufficient
Choice Privilege Gift upon arrival- I received a small bag with a water, potato chips and cookies upon arrival for being a choice privilege member which was a nice touch.

Cons
I found a large spider in the bathroom upon arrival and simply got rid of it with a paper towel. Not two minutes later I had sat down on the bed and another spider (this time on a web) landed on my face. Two experiences within minutes of arrival did not make me feel very comfortable.
Also, we returned on the second day at the property and our room keys had stopped working. A slight annoyance but not the end of the world, however, someone else was dealing with an ongoing issue where his room was mysteriously canceled and the hotel was now booked. As a result the resolution to just get back into the room took a bit longer than planned. The rooms as a whole are less updated then some of the other Comfort Inn's that we have travelled to although the bed was suitable and it did have a flat screen TV.

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn multiple times in the past (see review) and think the hotel from location, service, cleanliness and room quality are all fantastic. I travel to Manchester about twice each year and I'm not sure if the privilege points are worth passing the HGI on future trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Our thanks for the comment and your membership in the Choice Privileges program. Rest assured that the challenges that you mentioned will be addressed and our hopes that we may have the continued opportunity of your business. In addition, plans are in the works for some exciting updates that will be implemented based on reviews such as yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
NH
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and have stayed at many hotels both with and without the family. This stay was the worst experience i have had to date. On top of the rooms being dirty and having a funny smell, the staff is poor...
When trying to check-in I was told I would have to wait '5 minutes or so' because the only desk attendent was 'doing his job' (he was working on the computer). While waiting both my 7 year-old daughter and I witnessed a fellow guest fall down the stairs, landing on top of his luggage...drunk. I should have left and ate the $100 we prepaid and just found another room but thought how could it get worse...
After finally arriving to our room we noticed dead bugs around the door and in the bathroom. Didnt want to 'bother' the front desk so we cleaned them ourselves.
She got up the courage to hit the pool later that evening. While sitting by the pool I noticed our 'drunk friend' sneak back into the hotel through the proped open security door. He entered the pool area, beer in hand and cigarette in mouth. The hotel management proceeded to kick him out no less than 3 times before they figured out where he was getting in from and closed the door. In the process of kicking him out he dropped his beer bottle, which broke on the ramp leading to the hotel. The glass was not cleaned until the AM and caused for a good obstile later that night when we had to evac the hotel.
Oh yea..forgot to mention that we had a fire alarm go off at 12:30AM that lasted for 40 mins before the hotel could figure out how to turn it off. Even the FD was getting angry at the incompetance of the hotel staff.
DO NOT STAY HERE...spend the extra $10-$20 and stay a nicer hotel!!! It will be the best $20 you will ever spend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
gm_manchester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
We are very sorry for the unfortunate chain of events that occurred during your stay. In situations that are beyond the hotels control we try to maintain a protocol that will provide as little impact to our other guests as possible but when situations escalate to needing outside help all we can do is maintain control of it to the best of our ability until that happens. Of course anything regarding room cleanliness and customer service are definitely addressable issues and based on helpful comments such as yours, we can look into the areas mentioned for improvement. We appreciate the feedback and, once again, apologize for any inconveniences during your visit.
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked a non-smoking room in this hotel for the nights of 5 and 6 October 2012. I even called several days in advance to make sure the room was non-smoking. The "non-smoking" room had no sign on the door saying no smoking like the other supposed non-smoking rooms did. There was an ash tray in the room with matches, there were cigarette burns in the bed spread, and of course there was the stench of cigarette smoke that hit us upon opening the door. The front desk said it was a "computer glitch" because their records show the room as being non-smoking. We checked out of the hotel within an hour of checking in because they didn't have any other non-smoking rooms that would be available for both nights of our stay. I don't really think changing rooms would have helped anyway because as I walked through the halls past rooms that had non-smoking signs posted near their doors, I could still clearly smell cigartette smoke everywhere I went. I don't know if people were smoking in the non-smoking rooms or if the smoke from the smoking rooms was permeating through the halls, but the hallways smelled like smoke. Just being in the room for that hour as we looked for another hotel left that cigarette smoke stench in our clothes.

I do have to say that the young lady working the front desk was very nice, understanding, and apologetic.

Room Tip: I think the room was 501.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Our sincere apologies for not meeting your room expectations. Being one of the few hotels to still offer smoking rooms does present its own set of challenges, that being, to ensure our non-smokers have a stay experience free of smoke odor. Based on your feedback, I can assure you that more attention will be put into making sure that this happens. Thank you for your comment and we hope you will keep us in mind for any future visits to the area.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nothing negative to say about this hotel. The room was quite clean, and spacious. About a 10 minute drive to Manchester airport. The continental breakfast was marvelous with plenty of selections. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
oregon
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel. We chose this hotel because of the close proximity to the airport. The hotel staff provide transportation to and from the airport which was very nice. The rooms are very nicely decorated and clean with very comfortable beds. The desk clerks are very friendly. The moring breakfast included waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee and juice all found in a large breakfast room at the end of the building near the swimming pool. The indoor pool is very nice too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Comfortable beds, nice rooms. Courteous Desk Clerk. Very clean and modern decor. Good location, a little far from the airport. Lost my e-reader and they took time to look for it. Unfortunately it was not turned in. But they did let us know they did not find it. Best hotel on our trip, too bad our stay was so short.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Belmont, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Beautifully appointed king room. It had a recliner, big flat screen TV, granite furniture tops. Best thing was by spending one night at the hotel we were allowed to leave our vehicle in their parking lot for 14 nights at a rate cheaper than 2 weeks long-term parking at the airport. Free shuttle a plus too. Have to say the hotel looked better on the inside than on the outside.

• Stayed August 2012