“Ok but not great”

Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This Courtyard by Marriott is not quite up to standard of other Courtyards. The room was adequate but the hotel is near the end of the runway from the airport and I often heard planes flying over. The hotel had a breakfast buffet which was no better than if I had stayed at a Residence Inn and eaten for free(the buffet cost extra). Service in the dining area was poor. Would I stay there again? I would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Mike,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for offering valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfying experience that you had during our breakfast service. I will share your comments with our staff and use them as a training opportunity. I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing you with an excellent stay.

Jonathan Newton, GM

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here while on a business trip. This hotel is conveniently located. It is close to shopping, restaurants, and downtown Manchester. Like most other Courtyard properties, this one had complimentary breakfast, a business center, and a pretty good fitness center. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel is a little removed from downtown but in an area which is easy to get to and which has a lot of choices in restaurants. Staff were welcoming, and I heard no noise at all during the night despite the hotel's being filled with college baseball players -- thanks, guys!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Breakfast was included in our group rate but because I had booked after someone else cancelled I was not extended this deal, even though the young man (who let me know he drives a sportscar)told me at check-in that it was.
I was surprised to see this on my bill when we got home, and called to straighten it out but was told by "Pat" that my late booking exempted me from this deal, despite what I had been told.
Of course we never would have eaten a 52.00 breakfast, we would have gone somewhere else. No other family in this group was charged for breakfast, and we brought SIX youth basketball teams and their families from our area.
That said I found the staff to be patient, kind and professional with so many kids around. Too bad we won't be back because we feel swindled.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Tessie G, Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay. Your business is very valuable to us, and your feedback is very important t our future success. I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience with you breakfast charges. We take great pride in the service that we provide, and we are truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We do hope that you will give us the chance to serve you in the future. We would love the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Best
Tessie Gadwah

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very convenient location near the Mall of NH & Wal-Mart, interstates, airport (they have a shuttle) & many restaurants etc. There is a Starbucks & Panera down the road. We ate breakfast there. We found the room to be a reasonable size for a Courtyard I've stayed in bigger (1) but most smaller in Courtyards. The biggest drawback is no fridge!! That's why no 5 star review. The internet worked fine for us in the room. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Even carried upstairs for me my extra towels when we stopped at the front desk after a day out. We had no negative experiences in 5 nights.

Room Tip: get one near the ice machine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Very clean, nice room. Hotel very close to the mall! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very small bar area and it closes at 10 or 11. No breakfast was included, however. It is $12 or so for a bugget continental type breakfast...it was nothing special.

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Lower end on the Courtyard side...Nothing bad, room clean and all that but bar and restaraunt combined and under staffed. Still very friendly and all that and location is great for airport. A lot of great food in the area surrounding the hotel if you want to venture out including a Roadhouse and Longhorn both around the corner.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff; however, I apologize that your experience in our restaurant was not up to standard. I will look into the staffing issue you mentioned and I hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing an excellent guest experience, every time.

Tessie Gadwah, GM