“Needs a Rehab Fast”

Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 20, 2013

As a person who faithfully consults Trip Advisor for reviews when planning a trip it is actually quite rare that I give a bad review of anything because my fellow reviewers here are usually right on the mark and you can depend on the reviews here to guide you. This is unfortunately one of those rare times.
While planning a foliage tour through New England we booked a stay at this hotel for the first nights stay and the last nights stay in our route through northern New England. We picked this hotel purposely as the back of the hotel faces undeveloped hills and thought it would be beautiful to enjoy in foliage season and give us a colorful view from our room. We had stayed at this hotel on a trip in 2011 and enjoyed our stay.
The first thing we noticed was how worn the room and furnishings were from what we had remembered and the fact that the room needed a good cleaning that it had not had for some time. There was dust accumulated on the underneath of tables etc. and the sliding glass door had not been cleaned in a while and could barely be seen through. The bathroom floor had cracks in it and grout missing. The next morning we found out that aside from coffee there is no continental breakfast except for a buffet for 11.95/ per person. which I found to be excessive for what you got which is about the same as a free breakfast in most hotels. The final straw for me was a billing mixup charging me more than was quoted. To be fair, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in fixing that issue but I decided that I was not going to stay there on the return from up north and found a room at another local hotel for approximately the same price for a room in a resort setting and free breakfast right down the road.
When I got home I called Marriott customer service and they appologized for the dirty room and explained that this hotel is due for a rehab in late 2014 and did try to make it right for me and I truly appreciate their effort on it. I will certainly stay at Marriott properties in the future but I think I will wait until this one has been renovated to stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I made a weekend trip to New Hampshire for her birthday. The particular Marriott offers hot tubs in some rooms (look for room type "Guest room, 1 King, Whirlpool"), so I opted for this hotel.

The room was quite nice. The hot tub fit two people and was located right next to the bed, which was also rather cool.

I also appreciated the good customer service here, as is always the case with Marriott. I had a voucher for a free night at a Marriott property of category 4 or below, but that was only supposed to work for base room rates. The more expensive "whirlpool" rooms were not supposed to be available under a voucher. When I called in to Marriott's national reservation line, however, they agreed to ask the hotel if they would make an exception for me, and they graciously agreed.

Unfortunately I can't say much more about the hotel as we only stayed here for the one night, but that night was quite pleasant. I've attached a photo of the room and hot tub here. For any couples thinking of making a day trip from Boston, I'd recommend going out to dinner at the Bedford Village Inn (en route) and then staying the night here. We very much enjoyed the trip.

Room Tip: Ask if the hotel would be willing to upgrade you to a "whirlpool" room (they have hot tubs...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnNorthman
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a good 3 night stay. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. My only complaint was that the hotel as a whole could use a bit of a renovation. My suite was pretty outdated in comparison to other Courtyards I've stayed at. I can see why a lot of people stay there to take advantage of the stay and fly rates and the ride to the airport. I would definitely consider doing that next time I visited.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and stayed at this property. It worked out well for us in classic Courtyard fashion. We needed a nice, clean, well run place to crash for the night and it fit the bill. Didn't use any amenities--the pool looked night but we didn't have time to take advantage. Close to airport but we didn't have any noise issues.
Good stuff, fit our purposes just great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tessie G, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with. We hope that you enjoyed the wedding that you were in town for. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you for your next trip to the Manchester area.

Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We drove over from Hampton Beach to take advantage of a Marriott promotion, as the hotel offered a good rate and it was a fairly short trip (also MUCH less of a crowd). We liked the hotel. It was easy to find, the staff was friendly and It was clean and quiet--we enjoyed the pool/hot tub. At $11.95 we did not go for the breakfast buffet, instead we ate at a sports bar called PJ O'Sullivans. It offers an excellant, large Saturday morning breakfast for about the same price and is only a couple of uncrowded miles away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tessie G, Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to seeing you for your next visit to the Manchester area.

Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard for two evenings while on business in the area. I flew into Boston and it was about an hour drive on 93 N, easy enough. With that being said, the Manchester airport is right near by, but flying in there was too expensive.
Check in was pleasant and the front desk person provided me with a room with a balcony upon request without increasing my rate.
I stay at Courtyards quite a bit and this one just has a sense of being a little dated. Not in a worn out way, just the main lobby/bar/restaurant was dimly lit with blue back lighting. It felt like 1995. There is an outside sitting area that was pleasant.
The room was fine. Bed was comfortable. Sink and bathroom area could be updated. Flimsy toilet seat. coffee pot taking up a large portion of the sink area, lighting was not optimal. No fridge, which usually is a given at a CY, and I missed the convenience of being able to store waters and sodas during my two night stay.
I was close to the elevator so dealt with the inherent environment that comes along with that. However, I will say that housekeeping starts very early, and from this location I was woken up at 6:30 with the start of their routine.
I did not walk to the mall, or the surrounding area, but there were middle of the road places to grab dinner like the Olive Garden. We did make the ride into "town" for dinner. I forget the name of the place we dined, but there are a number of choices. But the town is not the charming new england town I imagined it would be.
Overall, a good stay and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Just the obvious, ask for a room that is not facing the parking lot at the front of the property. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Manchester, New Hampshire Courtyard for 2 nights over July 5th and 6th 2013. The fellow that checked me in was very friendly and checked me in quickly. He provided directions for both driving and walking to the mall that is located very close to the hotel. While he did not acknowledge my Elite status he did provide the Elite keys showing my status.

The room was on the first floor as I requested and the room was clean and everything was in proper order. The staff had put a refrigerator in the room prior to our arrival.

The pool, spa and pool area is very well maintained and extremely clean. The spa was scalding hot on Saturday morning. I saw the lady at the desk and within 2 minutes there was a maintenance engineer correcting the temperature. He not only lowered the temperature immediately but also corrected the temperature so many people could enjoy the spa. The pool is heated to 81 degrees. The seating area outside has a few tables and chairs and was also very clean.

The staff at this hotel seems to take great pride in the property. I saw the staff constantly cleaning the property at all times on the day and night. The maintenance man for the pool Saturday morning was exceptional and told me he has been then about 8 years. It was apparent he truly loves his job.

We had a double room on the first floor. While clean the room defiantly needs to be upgraded. It looks to be about 5 - 6 years old and not at all like the new modern Courtyard decor. With the attention this property seems to get I'm sure they are slated for refurbishment soon.

The buffet breakfast is 11.95 per person. This is the one area the hotel management absolutely needs to improve. I had chosen this property because of the availability of the buffet style restaurant. I feel the Marriott Bistro is a poor value for the price paid. The buffet consisted oranges, cantaloupe and grapefruit. In addition to eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. Also available is a small selection of breakfast pastries and bread. The problem is the quality and availability of the items. On Saturday the fruit was not fresh and seemed to be several days old. The cantaloupe had a sour taste. On Sunday the hash browns, bacon and English muffins all ran out. I saw the waitress once and the chef twice. He did bring out a muffin and made hash browns specifically for me but never replenished the English muffin and it took 15 - 20 minutes for the buffet to be filled with more potatoes. The bacon also ran out and also took about 20 minutes for more to be brought out. I was at the restaurant at approx. 9:00 so there is no excuse for items to run out at that time of day.

This property is an excellent place to stay. Hopefully the management will address the restaurant issues and not replace the restaurant with a Bistro. The staff at this property certainly maintains a high standard and if I ever have the opportunity to be in the area I would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. The airport is very close but I did not hear any noise from them at all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank edfc
Tessie G, General Manager at Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay. The Courtyard team is always reviewing our online reviews and sharing them with the staff. We use all of the feedback to continue to improve upon the products and services we offer. Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you for your next trip to the Manchester area.

Warmest Regards,