As a person who faithfully consults Trip Advisor for reviews when planning a trip it is actually quite rare that I give a bad review of anything because my fellow reviewers here are usually right on the mark and you can depend on the reviews here to guide you. This is unfortunately one of those rare times.
While planning a foliage tour through New England we booked a stay at this hotel for the first nights stay and the last nights stay in our route through northern New England. We picked this hotel purposely as the back of the hotel faces undeveloped hills and thought it would be beautiful to enjoy in foliage season and give us a colorful view from our room. We had stayed at this hotel on a trip in 2011 and enjoyed our stay.
The first thing we noticed was how worn the room and furnishings were from what we had remembered and the fact that the room needed a good cleaning that it had not had for some time. There was dust accumulated on the underneath of tables etc. and the sliding glass door had not been cleaned in a while and could barely be seen through. The bathroom floor had cracks in it and grout missing. The next morning we found out that aside from coffee there is no continental breakfast except for a buffet for 11.95/ per person. which I found to be excessive for what you got which is about the same as a free breakfast in most hotels. The final straw for me was a billing mixup charging me more than was quoted. To be fair, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in fixing that issue but I decided that I was not going to stay there on the return from up north and found a room at another local hotel for approximately the same price for a room in a resort setting and free breakfast right down the road.
When I got home I called Marriott customer service and they appologized for the dirty room and explained that this hotel is due for a rehab in late 2014 and did try to make it right for me and I truly appreciate their effort on it. I will certainly stay at Marriott properties in the future but I think I will wait until this one has been renovated to stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For productive work time and relaxing downtime, the Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport welcomes you to make the most of your travel time when visiting the Manchester NH area. Boasting ultra-sleek accommodations, modern amenities and an ideal location - minutes from Manchester NH's vibrant downtown and less than two miles from Manchester-Boston Regional Airport - our hotel offers more choices and more options to accommodate any lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport Hotel Manchester
- Courtyard Manchester Airport
- Manchester Courtyard
- Manchester Marriott