“cancellation”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
usa
“cancellation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2006

I needed to cancel my reservation for medical emergency on day of arrival and said motel would not allow. I still needed to pay for one night. Check cancellation policy before booking.

• Disliked — Cancellation policy
  • Tips/Secrets — PLEASE check the cancellation policy before booking
Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dollep

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
WA State
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2005

Not the cleanest room I've stayed in...some electrical outlets didn't work, had to rearrange some furniture, furniture quite worn. Comfortable mattress, everything else worked. SLOW check in and check out. Quiet location, a bit hard to find.

2 Thank flyinglark
Brentwood TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2005

I booked this hotel as an "OrbitsSaver" without reading any reviews. MISTAKE!! Fortunately my husband and I only had to endure one night. The place does look like an old converted mill or factory and I agree about the uneven floors. The room was neither comfortable nor pleasant in any way and not overly clean. The coffee and packaged pastries were awful. Every guest we asked paid at least 25% less than what we booked it for on Orbitz...Be Advised.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank Janebelle
Bridgeport, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2005

Kind of weird place. I've stayed here three or four times. Each time, it's been adequate. Clean enough. Few frills. The free breakfast is cereal and/or packaged sticky buns. It appears to be an old mill or factory or some kind of industrial building along the river. The floors aren't always level; even in the rooms, you'll find yourself standing on an angle. The front desk has always been slow as mud when I've visited. On the recent Saturday afternoon I visited, it took me 20 minutes to check in; two people came down in the meantime to report that their keys did not work. I have never had a room facing the highway, but even the parking-lot side can be noisy on the first floor. All in all, it's a cheap place, and you kind of get what you pay for, but it's not awful.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank BPTtraveler
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2004

Our stay was in October, 2004.
Because our flight from the west coast was scheduled to arrive after 10 PM, I called to double-check this hotel's website promise of free airport shuttle service until 11 PM. I was assured of the service to 11 PM and told to just call when we arrived.
Upon arrival at 10:20 PM, I was told by the night manager to call back when we had collected all of our luggage from baggage claim. I had difficulty understanding what he was saying, so I had my companion make the second call at 10:30 PM. We were told to wait outside at the designated hotel shuttle pick up area. We waited and waited. After waiting 25 minutes we called again and were told the hotel's shuttle service ended at 11 PM. They would not be sending the shuttle.
Upon arrival at the hotel by cab (it was too late to find another hotel and EconoLodge had our non-refundable deposit), there were 2 parties ahead of us. Both had complaints also. One was upset because the manager had run her credit card and was asking her to sign a blank charge slip - no total or items on the slip. After some heated discussion, she was told the blank charge slip was needed to turn on the room phone. Huh????
After I complained about the shuttle incident, where the night manager remembered my first call and our last call. He claimed not to remember our second call telling him we had our luggage and were ready to be picked up, but later mentioned telling us where to be picked up. Very frustrating. We argued a bit, and after some mischief (read on) on his computer our room rate was adjusted to compensate for our cab ride over.
Our final reward was a room on the 5th floor, at the end of the hotel nearest to the freeway. The 5th floor is just about level/above the freeway, so you get the best acoustics of each and every car and truck rushing by. We had to run the air conditioner all night just to drown out the noise.
We chose this hotel because we were getting in so late and thought it would be convenient and economical since we were only going to be there 1 night. What a mistake!

• Stayed October 2004