“Condemn This Hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 13, 2012

First Econo Lodge must remove its good name from this building.
Condemn it and level it.
If hell had a 5 Star Hotel this place will be it.
Filthy and unsanitary.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank gmilbouer

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I know they say you get what you paid for but this was not worth even the $60 I paid for one night. As soon as I walked off the elevator the hallway smelled. My room smelled of stale nicotine. The lamp shades hanging from ceiling were supposed to be a cream color and were a dark yellow due to nictoine. The sheets seemed to be clean, but the bedspread had burn holes in it. While laying in bed looking at the wall, there was blood spackle all down the wall. Although it was a chilly night, I had to open my window, which didn't have a screen. to air out the room, which obviously is never aired out. Really, really, aweful even for $60. I'm glad I was only staying one night. I will say the gentleman at the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank CRD67
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This was the most horrific place I've been in. Toilet overflowed 5 minutes after we got there, no screens on windows even 3 floors up, burn holes in the bedspread and sheets, there was tobacco in between the sheets. The mattress had many stains on it, was torn down the seam and the stuffing was coming out (great place for parasites to live) the stuffing was grey and pink, does that tell you how old it was!!!!!! Please don't stay here if you value your health!

Room Tip: Don't chose any room avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jana S
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Booked room with company credit card for 4 nights.Arrived was told that I did not have a reservation even with reservation number .Had to drive 21/2 hrs home.When I complained I was given customer complaints in Central America .I spoke in turn with Raul Josn and Marci who proceeded to tell me that yes I was booked in but that they would give me the 3 nights back but not the first.I booked this through Hotels .com They and Econo lodge do not care about their customers .Do not stay at this hotel and do not use Hotels .com

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank John H
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This place was the worst. Dirty bathroom with mold in the tub and shower curtain. I had the manager come up and check it out and he said" It is not that bad" he also could not tell me when the last time the roomwas cleaned because thye ususally don't rent the roms on the floor we were on. The only reason they were renting the rooms was due to the NASCAR race in nearb Concord, NH and no other rooms were available. He didn't even offer to clean the bathroom. I have stayed at other Econo Lodges and none of them are worth it. I'll never stay at another.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I grew up in NH and had to go up on business several times from 2008-2010. I stayed here twice because everything else was booked. First time alone I was too afraid to sleep. My basement room had a window level with the back, weedy parking lot that didn't lock and was screened by bushes. Lots of footsteps and odd noises kept me awake. The bedding seemed clean, but the rug was grimy and even though I asked for non-smoking, the room reeked. The next time my husband came along and I was able to sleep, but the room had the same issues - grimy rug and reeked of smoke. The parking lot is isolated and scary at night. The staff seemed friendly enough. I'd never stay here alone again even if it is cheaper. Also, I needed to use my laptop and the WiFi wasn't operating. I had to get up really early and go out and find a WiFi hot spot in town in order to get my work done.

Room Tip: Both times I was in basement rooms and they were awful.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I should have listen to my gut when I drove into the drive. there seemed to be a lot of unsavory people hanging out in the lobby and the staff seemed to be afraid to leave the office (bank-teller front desk was another telling sign I should have listened to).

The room smelled musty when we first entered but it was large and seemed nice. It had a mini-fridge and a microwave oven and seemed antiquate for an overnight stay. I turned on the AC, set our stuff down and took my son to the event we were in town for.

We got back from the the hotel and went up to our room to prepare for the next days events. We were awakened at 12:30am by party goers in the rooms below and next to us. They continued till about 2am when they finally called it a night (or passed out).

We woke up early, put the stuff in the back of the truck and found that it had been broken into overnight. I went back inside and asked the manager if he could call the police and was directed to the pay phone on the wall and told to call 911.

When the police arrived they asked why I had even thought to come here as they get regular calls from this location.

Never, Ever, Ever... go to this hotel.. It's not worth the savings in money or time..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family