All reviews front desk waffles close to downtown off the highway room was clean the breakfast area stay there again microwave and fridge waffle maker free breakfast easy access up to date hot breakfast new england stayed one night pleasant stay airport shuttle
Reviewed October 5, 2016

I was hesitant due to the La Quinta brand, but was really amazed on how new and clean it looked. The breakfast included had many options. Easy access and right off of the highway! Don't let the brand scare you as this is 5 out of 5 stars here!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BaldSerb
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Thank you so much for choosing La Quinta Manchester for your recent stay and for sharing your review on trip advisor. I'm so pleased to read your comments and want to thank you for your business and 5 star rating!!! Our goal is to strive for exceptional service and to see our guests return to us. We look forward to seeing you back again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

Overall, this hotel is average. It is clean and comfortable. The reasons I rated it as "average" instead of "very good" are because of the following:
-location, nothing within walking distance
-price, given that nothing is really within walking distance
-confusion about airport shuttle service
-limited breakfast options

The positive aspects about the hotel are as follows:
-clean
-comfortable
-appears to have been recently renovated
-wifi and business area
-price compared to competitors in the area
-laundry and gym available for guests

Areas for improvement:
-Although the hotel is priced well compared to competitors in the area, given that nothing is within walking distance, I believe it is still a big overpriced.
-Friendliness of front-desk staff
-Better explanation needed about airport shuttle service

When I checked in on September 23 the gentleman who was working the front desk was polite and professional. However, when I checked out on September 25 the lady who was working at the front desk could have made an effort to be a little nicer. Although, I take responsibility because I believe a lot of the confusion that occurred was my fault. On Sunday I needed to use the hotel's complimentary shuttle service to the airport. As I waited in the lobby, an older-model Lincoln Town Car arrived. A woman parked the car in the "hotel loop" and entered the lobby and sat there. She was not wearing any particular uniform or name tag. I just thought it was another hotel guest. The lady left and I initially thought nothing of it. At 10:40 or so when I asked the lady working at the front desk about the complimentary shuttle service to the airport she said in a snappy tone, "Why didn't you go with her? She was here!" My reply, "Excuse me?" Reply from front desk employee, "She was here and you didn't go with her, it's not our fault." Something along those lines was mentioned. Here, I was expecting a van that was marked "La Quinta" but it turns out the hotel uses a private car service. I wasn't aware of this. The girl at the front desk got on the phone and called someone then looked at me and said something along the lines of "Rhonda's cousin will be here in 10 minutes to get you." (I'm not 100% certain of the first name the front-desk employee rattled off. However, the point is I was expecting a van with the hotel name on it or for a vehicle to arrive that clearly indicated it was a taxi or airport shuttle service. I had no idea to be expecting an "everyday citizen" driving a "private vehicle." To eliminate the confusion, the front-desk employee could have simply said, "We use Uber and a driver will be here momentarily. Be on the look out for an independent driver." A simple sentence would have eliminated A LOT of confusion! About 10 minutes or so, "the cousin" arrived driving a silver mini-van. Again, there were no markings on the vehicle. In the front seat sat a teenager who was listening to music on a device. The driver entered the hotel. Again, the driver was not in uniform and the van was NOT marked. I asked the lady, "Are you the driver for the airport?" She replied, "I am?" Hadn't it been for me asking, it wouldn't have been very clear. Although the driver was very nice and helped me put my luggage in the van, there wasn't anything in the van indicating the van was a licensed and insured service. I didn't see any papers or information. Perhaps in the "Live Free or Die" State such rules and regulations don't apply to taxi/shuttle services.

I only stayed at this hotel because given the circumstances, it was much cheaper than competitors in the area. I had a meeting the next morning in Boston, but was able to get a direct flight from Tampa to Manchester. Coincidentally, my colleague lives in Manchester and agreed to pick me up from the airport and drop me off at the hotel. On Saturday morning he agreed to pick me up so we could carpool together to Boston. Hadn't it been for my personal connection of my colleague living in Manchester, I wouldn't have stayed at this particular hotel. I would have opted to pay more for a hotel that is within closer walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc.

Room Tip: Room #224 was comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank JeniferTravels
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Friday, September 23 - Sunday, September 25, 2016. The reason for "average" is the price given that there isn't anything within walking distance, service of the front-desk employee on the last day for how complimentary airport shuttle service is handled.
The reason I chose this hotel: I had a meeting in Boston, but was able to get a nonstop flight from Tampa to Manchester. As it turned out, my colleague also lives in Manchester, hence it made sense to fly into Manchester and carpool with my colleague to Boston. Hadn't it been for my colleague being in the area and being able to drive me around, I would not have stayed at this hotel. However, the price was better than competitors in the area. On a positive note, the room was spacious and clean. The hotel looks as it it has recently been redone.
Areas for improvement:
There was confusion on the day I checked out and asked for the complimentary shuttle to the airport. I was under the impression the airport shuttle was a van that was marked " La Quinta." What wasn't explained to me is the shuttle is a private car service the hotel calls as needed. Although I am appreciative the hotel offers this service, I wasn't expecting an older model silver Lincoln Towncar to pull up at the hotel loop with a woman driver who was not wearing any particular sort of uniform or name tag. I just thought it was another hotel guest. Here, it turns out it was the shuttle service. Apparently I had missed the 10:15-10:20 pick-up service due to this confusion. I had no idea who/what I was waiting for to drive me to the airport. When I inquired at the front desk the girl seemed somewhat annoyed with me and explained that the driver has already been there waiting for me but left. I apologized for my mistake. She then told me the driver's cousin or sister was on their way to transport me to the airport. Within 10 minutes a lady arrived driving a silver minivan. Again, there were no markings on the vehicle. All the front desk employee had to say was, "At 10:15-10:20 be on the lookout for a silver Lincoln. It is not marked." Or the driver could have enters the lobby and shouted, "airport shuttle service for (last name)...." Had it been verbally explained to me, I believe the aforementioned confusion would have been easily avoided. Keep in mind that in today's society given security and safety concerns, people may not be comfortable getting into what appears to be an everyday car for private use to go to the airport. I didn't even see any licensing papers inside the vehicle indicating the vehicle was a legitimate taxi or shuttle service. Perhaps in the "live free or die" state such regulations aren't mandatory.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer Lynn D
Reviewed September 24, 2016

This was a great hotel for use to use. It was convent for a central local to visit family throughout the state. The airport is close. Lots of shopping centers. Easy access to the major highways. People were very friendly and breakfast was okay for a quick get up and go.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Manchester and for sharing your review on trip advisor. I'm so pleased to hear you had a great stay while visiting with your family. We do offer a great location to many area attractions/shopping and access to highways. We look forward to having you back as our guest next time you are in the area. Thanks again!!

Reviewed September 23, 2016

This is the best LaQuinta that I have used and it is generally my hotel of choice. This spot is clean, quiet, accommodating, friendly, efficient, and it has the best breakfast selection of any LaQuinta. Others should use this operation as a model.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank 286philipw
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for choosing La Quinta Manchester! I'm am thrilled to read we are your hotel of choice when your traveling to Manchester. It is our goal to strive in exceeding guests expectations and customer service. We look forward to seeing you back as our guest next time you're in the area. Enjoy your day!!!