“This is a classy motel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked this one as a one night stopover heading down to Boston.
It is a large, recently built motel which I understand was re-badged to La Quinta from a Holiday Inn. It is in a good location which is easily accessible and close to downtown Manchester which is a great little town. The grounds are a delight with manicured lawns, gardens and trees.
Check in at reception was very good with Jacob who was friendly and efficient.
This is a classy motel with lovely décor throughout and nice lounge/breakfast area
Had room 312 – a King bed with MW and Fridge. A lovely spacious room with a very comfortable bed. Room was super quiet and we got a great night’s sleep. Only observation was that there was some mould on sealed joins in shower/bath area. While this was no big deal it was a little unsightly. I accept the difficult of avoiding mould in confined bathrooms but it can be controlled with regular use of mould inhibitors.
Breakfast area and choice of food was excellent. Things were chaotic the morning we were there with everything running out and bins not being emptied. I suspect Conchita had phoned in sick or something as management/reception staff were trying to fight the battle of the empty waffle machine, milk run out, eggs ran out, coffee ran out and bins overflowed. Sometime things go wrong and they were working furiously to overcome the problems but the bottom line is guests suffered some minor inconvenience. But in the end we had a good breakfast in a lovely breakfast area.
Despite all my nit-pickings we enjoyed our stay and rate this one of the best LQ in the chain.
You will not regret choosing this one and paying a few extra bucks. Had the couple of little things I have mentioned not occurred then 10/10 would be the rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J0hnMcKay
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 Star review and your compliments. I am so pleased you had a pleasant stay while visiting Manchester NH. I will be sure to share your comments with Jacob who checked you in. I also want to thank you for acknowledging that we were doing our very best fill breakfast items during the busy rush that morning. We are a team of players here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites and happy you enjoyed a good breakfast despite having to wait for some items. We hope to see you again next time your visiting.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This property is only two years old and almost new. The rooms are large and so are the bathrooms. There is Wifi as well as two computers for the guests to use. The motel has a pool and fitness center. The continental breakfast is about average for la Quintana (bagels, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, etc). As usual, the la Quinta staff is pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your 5 Star review and for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites during your recent stay.
I'm so pleased you had a great experience and enjoyed our hotel. I look forward to having you back as our guest next time your visiting Manchester NH.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was a great place to stay, able to visit Delaware without changing hotels. Pet friendly and their area keep clean. Cracker Barrel right next door. Hot breakfast served with eggs and a meat. Lots of different items.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This facility met or exceeded my expectations for the price. The check-in procedure was swift, the room was immaculate and the breakfast offerings were varied.

If approaching from the south on Front Street, access is confusing. The porte cochere to me signified the entrance; however, it was actually on the other side of the building. Some of the views from my room were of transformers; however, there were also pleasant views of the Merrimack River and Manchester's historic mills.

Access to eateries will likely necessitate use of your vehicle as the facility is somewhat isolated from other businesses.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Travelers-R-US-246
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review and for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites for your most recent stay. I'm so pleased you had pleasant experience that exceeded your expectations. Many guests have commented on the nicely paved walkways along the Merrimack if walking to local restaurants. However, I can understand you wanting to driving as well. We hope you return as our guest the next time your in the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had to make an emergency trip to NH on 6/17/2014. We searched online for a convenient hotel that would allow our 2 Miniature Pinchers. The best information for our needs was from Laquinta Inns & Suites in Manchester so we chose to stay there. I'm so happy we did. The room was above our expectations as I thought we would be shoved into a dog room. We were not, at least it didn't seem to be a dog room. It was extremely clean and comfy and our dogs were perfectly happy at this hotel. The price was very reasonable and the breakfast was very satisfying. Staff was extremely friendly, professional and helpful.
In planning our trip to Colorado we will search online every Laquinta that we can find on our route and book it. This hotel should receive many more than 5 stars!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor towards the back. Very peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and your kind words. We really appreciate the compliments and are pleased you and your Mini-Pinchers enjoyed your stay and were comfortable. We look forward to having you return as our guest next time your in the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Thy a great to stay when visiting Manchester or New England. We used this hotel as a jumping off point to tour New England without moving every couple of days. Hotel is very convenient to downtown we were for 5 days and we had dog with us. LaQuintas are great place to stay when traveling with a pet. We had a 2 room suite and it was spacious and very clean. The hotel staff were very helpful with places to eat, directions or any other questions. The breakfast was much nicer than at most LaQuintas.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites in Manchester during your most recent stay while visiting your son. Also, thank you for your 5 star review and sharing your experience with us. We are pleased you had a wonderful experience and look forward to having you return next time while visiting NH.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was treating my boyfriend to a birthday weekend full of fun, and was really looking forward to spoiling him with what I thought was going to be an amazing stay at a nice hotel. I couldn't be more wrong because nothing about this stay was amazing and by the end of our stay my boyfriend thought this was a practical joke and my way of breaking up with him. There wasn't a single person on staff during my stay that enjoys customer service. They couldn't be more bored or any less enthused to help me. No one smiles at you, they look down at their computers acting like they are doing something far more important than recognizing the fact you are there in front of them. I couldn't even get directions to my room at check-in and when I found the appropriate door to enter (after creeping around the parking lot with our luggage), it didn't matter because the elevator was on the other side of the hotel. Thanks for the heads up, front desk. The hotel lobby is pretty and the room was great looking too. The bed was super comfy. We unpacked, got ready to snuggle, and flipped on the TV but then it went black a few minutes later. When I called the front desk, I was told the TV was out because they had Dish Network and it did this sometimes because of the storm (there was a storm?). Next few hours, still no TV. We went to bed without watching our favorite night time shows, and I could tell that my boyfriend was a little disappointed but HEY, we're on vacation! Next day, I was starting to worry that La Quinta hadn't paid their bill because there was still no cable and the sun was shining outside. I couldn't get the news or weather and had to use my phone (maybe this is why the Wi-fi is free?) which was inconvenient to be messing around on my phone when I'm trying to get ready for our first day of vacation. We went downstairs for the breakfast - which was a decent spread. My boyfriend was super excited for a waffle so being this was his special weekend I offered to make him one. When I used the waffle-maker it started making a loud noise after a few seconds which prompted a hotel employee to came over, look at it, turn the waffle maker off, and she then walked away without an explanation, an apology, or even eye-contact. My boyfriend did not get his special waffle and just had some toast instead. I'm starting to look bad here, La Quinta. We got away from the hotel and did a whole day of activities. In my eyes, I redeemed myself with my boyfriend and he was feeling good again. I suggested take-out and a movie at the hotel to end our day, and we were able to order some Chinese food delivery. My boyfriend took a shower to unwind and I caught up on my emails until I heard my boyfriend yelling and cussing from the bathroom. Thanks, La Quinta, nothing says, "look how special you are to me" than a colony of ants on the bathroom floor next to your feet when you're stepping out of the shower. The Chinese food arrived just as my boyfriend was demanding to know what made him so special that I’d bring him here to shower with ants. I asked him to calm down and let's just eat and watch a movie and try to relax. I turned on the TV. "Service currently unavailable." My boyfriend left the room, his Chinese food and his girlfriend untouched. La Quinta, you really helped me nail this romantic weekend thing. The next morning, I managed to catch the GM, Linda, who said that I can have "bonus points" on my La Quinta Member card as a resolution to my concerns and she went on to address another customer without ever asking who I was (how am I supposed to redeem those bonus points, lady?) At check-out, I was handed a room receipt and asked, "Is that you?" Luckily it was, and he was flashing my own information in front of my face and not someone else’s. I feel cheated out of my money for staying at this place because I could have stayed at a dozen other places and I chose this crummy one based on a few pictures, "perks", and a romantic notion. You were supposed to have my back, La Quinta.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Lisa Q

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay and we sincerely apologize that our hotel didn't meet your expectations for your romantic get away. I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with our accommodations and customer service. We strive to do our best to achieve La Quinta quality and service standards and I will share your feedback to our staff. I appreciate you choosing La Quinta and sorry to hear of your disappointment.