“Awesome food on Elm Street.”
Review of XO on Elm

XO on Elm
Ranked #30 of 421 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester Street
Transit: Public Transit stops only a block away.
Description: XO on Elm, located downtown in Manchester, NH, is a fine dining restaurant that proudly offers a delicious menu sourced from local farms and craft food makers with an international twist, artfully presented by our Chef and consistently delicious. We cater to vegetarians, vegans and gluten sensitive—if you call ahead, we will gladly customize a dish to suit your dietary needs. Featured in The Hippo Magazine for 2016 Best Alternative Healthy Menu and Best of Manchester for Tapas, we are proud to say our daily specials are the most unique in all of the area. Sit in our dining room or lounge, surrounded by beautiful contemporary decor or relax on our street side patio. Join us for a tapas, a signature martini or gourmet dinner on your next night out in Manchester If you want to throw a big party right downtown, XO offers a stylish and spacious function hall for up to 100 guests. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and private parties. Full private bar, dance floor and we cater the menu to your tastes!
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had the pork tenderloin with gnocchi. A good choice.
The ambiance is great. Service on time and pleasant.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Today three of us went to XO on Elm for lunch. I ordered grilled chicken with portabella mushrooms on home made roll. I ordered fries and it came with a real dill pickle - absolutely delicious! Friend ordered tomato and roasted pepper soup and a salad which she ate every bit. Other friend ordered fried chicken sandwich which was cooked to long so it was very dry. Didn't say anything but I don't like eating off a chipped plate. Atmosphere is okay and it gets a little noisy but not bad enough to bother you. A nice place for lunch at reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Recently re-visited this restraunt, which I had adored several times this past year. Midweek visit and the service was very different than last time. Several items ( nothing that was seasonal or exotic) on the menu 'not available ' upon ordering the entree............two mistakes by server, bringing us an incorrect appetizer dish and a drink mixed with wrong base juice ........still, great location and delicious entrees in the past will bring this diner back to them again- anyone can have a bad day.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The menu is excellent. You have to try the stuffed dates. They are incredible. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am originally from Manchester, but haven't lived there for over 12 years now. I go back a couple times a year to visit family over the holidays, but this time was for my mother's birthday. After reading the reviews online, it was clear that this was one of the better "upscale" restaurants in Manchester, as there aren't too many that fall into this category. The decor is modern and sharp, music wasn't too loud as we were able to talk to each other at the table without shouting.

For appetizers we ordered the "Middle Eastern Taster" which was great and included House made hummus, tabouli, tzatziki, kalamata olive tapenade served with both pita bread and pita chips along with the "Mustard Crusted Crab Cakes" which were delicious. They were tall and fluffy cakes and the sauce was great. The only negative thing was that we wanted the Mussels, which they ran out of at 7:30pm, which was a slight disappointment on a Saturday night.

For our meals we ordered: Grilled Bacon Wrapped Sirloin, which was cooked perfectly and I actually wasn't able to finish my full plate as it came with mashed potatoes and peas (in the pod), New England Seafood Stew was anything but a stew and a great assortment of clams, shrimp, scallops, and other whitefish in a white wine sauce and finally Chicken Pappardelle, which was a massive plate that we had to take some leftovers home.

Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the beers and wines. In fact, the bartender had actually poured a beer I ordered twice by accident and they gave me the additional beer at no cost as a "house error." I would highly suggest this restaurant to anyone coming through the area that enjoys a nice meal and atmosphere and is willing to spend a little extra for quality food and service. Our bill for 3 people with 2 appetizers, 3 drinks and 3 meals came to $130 after tax.

The only thing that was a slight disappointment is that their menu at the restaurant did not reflect what they have on their website (i.e. the meat & cheese plate appetizer was not on the menu).