“Best Salmon that Ever Swam in the Ocean!”

Hanover Street Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hanover Street Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 399 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: We are committed to serving food that will be creative, yet “classic,” service that will be impeccable but not intimidating, in an ambiance that will be elegant, yet comfortable and inviting, ensuring a dining experience that will be extraordinary and memorable!
Jefferson City, MO
“Best Salmon that Ever Swam in the Ocean!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Since I am on a limited diet I have to eat fish, not beef or lamb. The doctors tell me I have to stay away from red meat. So when the option presents itself, I always go for Salmon. That is an excellent call at this particular restaurant.

I had a wedge salad with a Grand Marnier vinaigrette and it was wonderful. The Shrimp Cocktail was exceptional as well. My entree consisted of a nice piece of salmon, properly grilled and perfectly seasoned. It was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The vegetables on the plate were some steamed spinach along with some sauteed squash, carrots and potatoes. It was an interesting mix of vegetables and I enjoyed it.

We had a large group and the service was timely and efficient and the meal was perfectly paced. Even though many of us ordered different things -- some with appetizers and some without -- the food was served at the proper times by wait staff that truly understood what they were supposed to do. The restaurant and room in which we dined were quiet enough for everyone to enjoy a good conversation, and we had a group of about 12 people.

Dessert would nearly be worthy of a review all by itself. I rarely have dessert but when carrot cake presents itself, I find it hard to deny myself. Here they allowed you to order a half order of the carrot cake, which is what I did, and I am glad. I doubt I could have finished an entire order of carrot cake. What I had was delicious, as was the coffee (decaf) that went with it. Any restaurant that can serve a decaf coffee that is tasty deserves some kind of culinary award, and certainly this place deserves that!

For the meat eater this is also probably the perfect place. My compatriots had excellent steaks and they all smelled wonderful. They were properly cooked. There is one unfortunate oversight on the menu. I am sure that the facility meant to describe a "dry aged cowboy ribeye" but instead offered the "dry aged cowboy." Seriously? They're serving the Marlboro Man on their menu? No, of course not. It's a terrific steak apparently, but words matter and someone needs to attend to that oversight.

Anytime I'm back in New Hampshire I'll find a way to get back to this place. It's wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DeWitt65101

Londonderry, New Hampshire
“An anniversary to remember!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Knew it was an upscale facility from the start so the price really didn't matter as long as the offerings were of excellent quality. The atmosphere, waitstaff, table setting and EVERYTHING in general was ABOVE expectations for the city of Manchester. They had a piano player that would do songs by request in addition to having "background music"......a nice touch. We had the prime rib and Kurobuta pork chop with a "side" of shrimp scampi in addition to the wine.....no dessert as we were full with the more than delicious meal. Since it was our anniversay (married in Maui, Hi.), I asked him to play the Hawaiin wedding song......beautiful!! I highly recommend this establishment, but be prepared to spend, it is WELL WORTH IT believe me and there are not too many firms of this caliber in the immediate area. As the old saying goes: "you get what you pay for".

• Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“A Real Steakhouse!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The meal I ordered was excellent, my steak was prepared perfectly. I definitely have no complaints about the food. The service was also commendable. It was one of the best meals I had visiting Manchester.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LoisWWtraveler
Derry, New Hampshire
“Food was horrible”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I got the special. Wanted it med well. Came out rare. Came back it was pike charcoal outside. I'm done with this place.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A rare treat.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

How often does one get to go to a restaurant at any price these days and have a flawless evening. I'm usually disappointed in some way large or small with restaurants at this price point. Not here it's worth every penny. From the moment we walked in the door not a flaw. Elegant but relaxed, beautiful rooms, unobtrusive impeccable service. I must mention as a foodie the New Hampshire grass fed beef was a real taste treat, served alongside a filet mignon, kind of turf & turf. It was recommended by our incredible waiter "Richard" Who we remembered from "The Colony Hotel" in Palm Beach. My guests lamb chops large, tender and perfectly cooked. We were too full to do dessert but they looked wonderful. Not to mention very healthy cocktails. Thank you HSCH.

• Visited September 2013