“great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Clovis, California
“great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

It was the friendly & helpful service that stood out. Room was very clean & spacious. Restaurant suggestions w/ maps a big help. Walking distance to a few good restaurants. Clean breakfast area w/ plentiful food offerings to start the day. Coffee always available in lobby and fresh. Location close to freeways and city roads but distant enough for restful sleep. Mgr. Fiona, shuttle driver Lawrence, and Emily, Charlotte and Sam behind the desk all made this trip special. Customer service a priority here. My wife and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
People like you are the reason I just love working in the hotel business. It is always a pleasure to meet wonderful people! We have to commend you on remembering to say something nice about so many of our staff. The majority of our staff has been with us for several years, so when you to return to the area rest assured that you will run into the names you mentioned and they will most likely remember yours!

Thanks again for the great review and for brightening up our work week during your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Delft, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just because we needed to sleep near to Manchester, we choose this hotel. Friendly staff with good dinner suggestions, spacious clean room, good breakfast (cereals, yoghurt and lots of fruit, + a suite of sweet options (not for me)). The only negative thing was a 20 minute wait for the elevator at the 4th floor because the cleaning staff moved material in and out and did not allow guests to use it. A hotel of this size should have two elevators

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jooplent
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We are glad you overall had a great stay. I know that many guests are pleased with our new expanded breakfast options. In regards to the elevator, one elevator for four floors and a hundred rooms is overall sufficient. We apologize for the elevator experience. We have staff policies in place to keep the "elevator traffic jams" from happening. We try to only move carts around in off peak hours and our staff has been trained to wait until guests use the elevator. I will remind them of the protocol in our weekly staff meeting. If you decide to come back and are concerned we would be delighted to offer you a first floor room or one near the second floor stairwell if you are still concerned.
Champlain, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great hotel, my 2nd time staying there. Always great full breakfast, eggs, waffles, cereal, etc, a bit busy on Sunday morning. Friendly enough staff. Clean room. Convenient to Boston, Kittery or local attractions. No complaints, probably will stay again whne in the area. This time spent three nights, the first time maybe four years ago was also great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We are so pleased you had a great stay. It is always nice to have repeat guests! You picked one of the busiest weekends in the year to visit us, so we apologize breakfast was a little busy. Your feedback is always appreciated. If there is anything I can do for you in the future do not be afraid to reach out to me!
western Mass
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference at the convention center. It is about 4-5 miles from the convention center/arena but the route to the downtown is all traffic lights and congested in the morning so allow extra time. Check in/check out were fast and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical of a Marriott and I took it up to my room as the seating area is small. The hotel is near the Mall of NH and highways and I was on the top floor and it wasn't noisy. There are plenty of dining options nearby but not very walkable but some places deliver. The rooms were large and clean. Wi fi was free and easy to connect and speed was decent.

Room Tip: top floor, front of building (odd numbers) was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wcj27
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for the lovely feedback. We do our best to be a great value choice in the Manchester, NH area. We just wanted to let you know that you were on the "noisy" side of the hotel. We like to think of ourselves as a nice, quiet location and we think your feedback proves our case. If you come visit us the next time you are in town we are more than happy to assign you a room that you feel works best for you in advance.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The bed in our room was terrible! I think the floor would have been more comfortable. Definitely not the comfortable beds I'm used to sleeping on in other Fairfield Inns. Perhaps the hotel just needs an upgrade. Too late for us though. I was also surprised to see that the snow was not removed from the parking lot by mid-day. Instead, it was allowed to melt and refreeze creating a hazard at night and this next morning. I don't believe I will ever stay in this Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Most guests find that they good a good night sleep in our beds. We have all new mattresses in the works for the upcoming year, in the meantime we have gotten new bedding, pillows and more.

This season snow removal was difficult to keep up on a few occasions because just an hour after the plow arrived it would seem like nobody had ever been there. Sometimes getting the parking lot to "pristine" condition without disturbing our guests and making them move their vehicles can be very difficult. We regularly salt, sand and shovel in the interum. We have noted your concerns and will take it to heart when we renogotiate our plow contract for this year.

If you are ever willing to give us a second chance please contact me personally to make your reservation so we can make sure your stay starts and ends on the right note!
Southwick, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

When we checked in the individual at the counter "Sam" was less than helpful and less than friendly. He reported that we did not have a reservation and was unable to find it until we provided him a confirmation number. We ventured out and upon our return was very happy to see Jocelyn at the front counter with a friendly welcoming smile. She provided us with assistance in a planning our evening including parking and restaurant information. Her recommendations were dead on and made our evening stress free. Thanks to Jocelyn I would stay at another Marriott hotel, if my experience was based on sam's encounter alone I would not return to this hotel. Jocelyn deserves recognition for her outstanding customer service skills.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah W
We are certainly happy that Jocelyn saved the day and your experience. We encourage our staff to be warm and welcoming. One of the nice parts of our hotel is that we have several seasoned employees who go out of the way to be helpful. Sam wishes to personally apologize if you found him less than friendly. Sam has been here for multiple years and usually gets great feedback from our guests. We are sorry you caught him when he was not at his best, all humans can have a rough day from time to time.
maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Pluses for this hotel - close to the airport, very reasonable for the area, room was clean and smelled fresh. Staff is friendly and the free breakfast is good compared to some others I have seen. Minuses - the wifi in my room was excruciatingly slow and practically unusable. Also, it was quite cold the night I stayed and cranking the thermostat up had no appreciable impact. I was able to sleep but my feet did not get warm until I took a shower the next morning. I am not staying here again when a few bucks more will get me heat and working wifi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We can honestly say that your wi-fi experience was the exception and not the norm. Sometimes service can have a hiccup for a variety of reasons but we just recently invested in upgrading our wireless service to have maximum benefit.

We have spent much time this winter and early spring servicing, testing and repairing individual rooms heat control systems. We are sorry you had this experience. I am not sure if you reported it during your stay, but our team should have offered you an alternative room if you were experiencing issues we never want anyone to be cold!

If at anytime you are willing to try us again please contact me personally, Fiona Blauvelt so I can personally insure your next experience is a positive one!