“Terrible bed!”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Oklahoma
“Terrible bed!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The bed in our room was terrible! I think the floor would have been more comfortable. Definitely not the comfortable beds I'm used to sleeping on in other Fairfield Inns. Perhaps the hotel just needs an upgrade. Too late for us though. I was also surprised to see that the snow was not removed from the parking lot by mid-day. Instead, it was allowed to melt and refreeze creating a hazard at night and this next morning. I don't believe I will ever stay in this Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013
FBlauvelt, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Most guests find that they good a good night sleep in our beds. We have all new mattresses in the works for the upcoming year, in the meantime we have gotten new bedding, pillows and more.

This season snow removal was difficult to keep up on a few occasions because just an hour after the plow arrived it would seem like nobody had ever been there. Sometimes getting the parking lot to "pristine" condition without disturbing our guests and making them move their vehicles can be very difficult. We regularly salt, sand and shovel in the interum. We have noted your concerns and will take it to heart when we renogotiate our plow contract for this year.

If you are ever willing to give us a second chance please contact me personally to make your reservation so we can make sure your stay starts and ends on the right note!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Southwick, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When we checked in the individual at the counter "Sam" was less than helpful and less than friendly. He reported that we did not have a reservation and was unable to find it until we provided him a confirmation number. We ventured out and upon our return was very happy to see Jocelyn at the front counter with a friendly welcoming smile. She provided us with assistance in a planning our evening including parking and restaurant information. Her recommendations were dead on and made our evening stress free. Thanks to Jocelyn I would stay at another Marriott hotel, if my experience was based on sam's encounter alone I would not return to this hotel. Jocelyn deserves recognition for her outstanding customer service skills.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah W
We are certainly happy that Jocelyn saved the day and your experience. We encourage our staff to be warm and welcoming. One of the nice parts of our hotel is that we have several seasoned employees who go out of the way to be helpful. Sam wishes to personally apologize if you found him less than friendly. Sam has been here for multiple years and usually gets great feedback from our guests. We are sorry you caught him when he was not at his best, all humans can have a rough day from time to time.
maryland
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Pluses for this hotel - close to the airport, very reasonable for the area, room was clean and smelled fresh. Staff is friendly and the free breakfast is good compared to some others I have seen. Minuses - the wifi in my room was excruciatingly slow and practically unusable. Also, it was quite cold the night I stayed and cranking the thermostat up had no appreciable impact. I was able to sleep but my feet did not get warm until I took a shower the next morning. I am not staying here again when a few bucks more will get me heat and working wifi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We can honestly say that your wi-fi experience was the exception and not the norm. Sometimes service can have a hiccup for a variety of reasons but we just recently invested in upgrading our wireless service to have maximum benefit.

We have spent much time this winter and early spring servicing, testing and repairing individual rooms heat control systems. We are sorry you had this experience. I am not sure if you reported it during your stay, but our team should have offered you an alternative room if you were experiencing issues we never want anyone to be cold!

If at anytime you are willing to try us again please contact me personally, Fiona Blauvelt so I can personally insure your next experience is a positive one!
NLR
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is one of the Best Hotels at Manchester,NH and near to Manchester Airport and malls.
This hotel has Complimentary Break Fast. Complimentary Shuttle is Provided to Airport and also
Gym. Overall the Stay is Pleasant and near to stopping

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed with the Fairfield Inn for one evening prior to our flight from Manchester Airport. We checked Inn and were greeted with a SMILE. The gal behind the desk was so pleasant, even asked if we would perfer 1st floor as we had two small children with us. Very accomodating and thoughtful. She explained breakfast, parking locations for our stay and scheduled shuttle services for us. We attended breakfast the next morning, it was extremely busy, although we found a spot to sit and enjoyed breakfast and the selection. Due to the weather we decided to see if they could get us to the airport sooner than planned, they smiled and said "OF COURSE", five minutes later we were loading the shuttle to the airport. After being dropped off at the aiport we had realized we had forgot our daughters carseat on the shuttle, we called the hotel and they quickly brought it back to us without a problem. Great cutomer service for sure. We arrived back to the airport a week later, called the shuttle and they arrived 20 minutes after I called! Even dropped us off at our car which was in a back parking lot!

We would stay here again for sure. Beds were not the most comfortable, terrible actually but are manageable for a short visit :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2kdz_momma
Williston, Vermont
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night 12/21/12. The location is great, you are near the airport and the mall. There is a plentiful choice of restaurants as well. We selected this hotel for the location and the a.m. hot breakfast. We were woken up at 1:30am with some loud neighbors in the hallway. I believe they were a large group sharing three rooms. When they went into their rooms-you couldn't hear a thing (great walls), but since they were all friends, they ventured out into the hall back and forth between rooms until 3:40am. I didn't complain to the front desk because you couldn't tell when they were going to go into the hallway-it just happened when you dozed off. Also, I looked thru the peephole and they looked like a very tough group that cursed A LOT!!
We woke for breakfast and there were no options for eggs or bacon because they ordered new cookware that was on backorder (There was a sign with photos of the new pans on the way...) They did have two options for the microwave: biscuit sandwich and some kind of omlet wrap-(again, both had to be microwaved) Not the greatest, but it filled the belly for the morning. I would stay here again for one night, but that's it. I prefer the SpringHill Suites on Perimeter rd!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel during your stay in December. We just wanted to let you know that we do have our new equipment and breafkfast now includes scrambled eggs, sausage in addition to make your own waffles and hot cereal. We have also added a new juice machine with more options, a high speed/capacity toaster and more!

We have done lots of other upgrades to our hotel and hope that in your next travels you consider staying with us for a night or even take a chance on two!
Reviewed December 22, 2012

To start, I will say that I did not stay at this hotel.
I in fact had a car break down on this road with my boyfriend and sister, along with a bunch of luggage and Christmas gifts.
The front desk associate here was kind enough to welcome us inside in the warmth while we waited for our ride. We stayed in the hotel lobby with our abundance of stuff for about an hour.
In this hour, I watched as the one associate on shift managed the busy lobby in a very timely and professional manner
Although we did not stay here for a number of nights nor can I really comment on the rooms or room service, I would recommend this hotel based just on the fact that we were welcomed with open arms off the street to keep out of the cold (a few days before Christmas, and a VERY windy night).
Thanks to Jocelyn and Fairfield Inn Manchester for your assistance, and turning our annoyance of a breakdown into a much more comfortable situation.

• Stayed December 2012