“What A Joke!!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Concord
“What A Joke!!!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We are a 40 something couple that travels very commonly. We were visiting family in the Manchester area. I can't remember a more discouraging experience. We were suggested this hotel by a couple who had stayed there in April for a week and had a great time. The staff starting with the front desk was rude and appeared they didn't even want to be there.They booked me into a smoking room even though I had reserved a non-smoking. The desk staff was very non-accomodating and when asked to have a manager call me I was never called. I did speak to who I believed was a manager before I left and he seemed to just brush me off. The food was average at best although our server was very professional. We have stayed at about 5 Radisson's and this one was by far the worst. I would suggest finding other accomodations in the Manchester area.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank kcaret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed June 4, 2006

I had a great experience with this hotel. The employees welcomed me at check-in and I was in my room within 5 minutes. The lobby area was large and clean and connected to the adjacent parking garage. In addition to the dining room, the lobby had JD's Bar & Grill, which had a great full menu and fully stocked bar. The dining room had a good full breakfast for about $10. Also, try B&B Bagels just 3 blocks away for an excellent, friendly, light breakfast. The owners serve NY bagels and tons of fresh coffee. I also ventured to the Red Arrow Diner, recently voted "One of the 5 best diners in the country." It was about a 10 minute walk for the best 2,000 calories I've ever had before noon. Just ask any of the friendly hotel staff for either place and they'll get you a downtown map and point you in the right direction. There are tons of great eateries and bars within a short walk and I had no problem walking to/from them at night.

The guest rooms were fairly large and nicely appointed. However, there was some wear as the hotel is 20+ years old. But, the beds were brand new and air adjustable and the room was always kept in impeccable condition by the housekeepers. The indoor pool, hot tub, and well equipped fitness rooms with dressing rooms were all great and they even gave you fresh fruit and a big TV to watch. The free WiFi also worked great throughout the hotel.

When I come to Manchester again, I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank boi123
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2006

WOW!!! That is the term in customer service of what you are supposed to do to the guest. This hotel WOWED me. From the moment we checked-in ht the moment we left everything was top notch. The front desk staff was so wonderful and helpful. Peter, Kelly, Scott, and Courtney were so accomodating. The restaurant was great and housekeeping kept everything top notch. Thank you Radisson. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NoVa
Reviewed October 10, 2004

I and my wife went to NH to see the fall foliage and I tried to get the hotel at the last minute (well, 4 days before getting there) and *everything* (including the Comfort Inns and such) were full. And then I found the Radisson which was going for 109/night via Orbitz - which seemed like an ok price. But to be honest, I was a little nervous 'coz if there's one thing consistent about Radissons, its that they're always hit-and-miss. If you stay at a nice Radisson once, there's no guarantee you can expect the same at the next one (unlike say the Marriott Courtyard which is uniformly dull no matter where you are - but its dullness that is consistent and you know what to expect :) ).

Anyway, as it turned out, this Radisson was really nice. We had a std N/S King room which was a good sized room, the bathroom was nice and large (not huge, large), everything was *very* clean (I did find the housekeeper's note (which said all items in the room had been inventoried) an amusing reflection on hotel guests in general...). A good number of channels on TV (not the sucky 20 channels or less that you get at other chains). Parking is in a garage next to the hotel (you can walk from it to the hotel lobby directly though) and it was the weekend, so it was free. Not sure if there's a nominal fee if its a weekday, 'coz this is downtown Manchester...you may want to check though I would guess that the parking rates would be discounted for hotel guests.....(Also, don't know about the pool/fitness center if you're interested in those).

We would definitely stay there again if we could.

18 Thank meosva