“Fairly Nice Stay”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Fairly Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

Very short (1 night) stay at this Radisson last weekend, and have to say that overall I was very pleased with everything. The room was large, nicely decorated, and my interaction with the staff was good (I'd give staff 4 out of a poss 5). There were a few drawbacks, however, and the 1st was prob self-inflicted, lol:

1) I had the room directly next door to the gym/pool area. There was some addt'l noise related to this, but mostly it was not too bad. I say that this was self-inflicted due to the fact that I got the room for $75 via Priceline, and so suspect that I was not given the best choice of rooms, lol.
2) I don't normally take a bath, but was thankful that I did ton the morning I was there: the water was VERY brown, and if I had showered I don't know if I would have noticed (there was not a bad smell associated with it). When I called the desk she was very polite and said that they were aware of the problem, and that it was a city water-pipe issue. However, she did offer to comp me a breakfast, which I was okay with.
3) The third issue was that I was repeatedly woken up by some VERY noisy neighbors. The last time was at about 1:30 in the morning, when they were having a rollicking conversation like it was 10:00 am and they were in the middle of their living room....so I opened the door and glared at them as best I could. I guess it worked, lol, as she said 'sorry' and then I heard from them never more.

So all in all a pretty good stay.

p.s. Although I was in the area for business, I had made a slight detour to Manchester for the sole purpose of seeing the Zimmerman house, by Frank Lloyd Wright. I have written a separate review for it, but wanted to mention here what a real gem Manchester has in the Zimmerman house....I HIGHLY recommend it anyone traveling in the area!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Attended New England Elvis Festivel for weekend. Everyone very helpful and great food in JD's Restaurant and price was reasonble. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Beds exceptional with the "sleep # mattress" so you can control the firmness of the mattress. Nice to see this in a hotel as usually the mattress are as hard as a board. It was nice to be able to select the firmness (as I have a similar mattress home). Would highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank dubllin2babe
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

I was at the Radisson with a group for a special event. They staff took very good care of us the entire time we where there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

After a long drive from Maine, I have to admit that I was at first discouraged when we entered Manchester in the hopes of finding some quaint overnight lodging and a nice restaurant for dinner. We ended up on the side of town with nothing but a long strip of chain hotels, fast food joints and a shopping mall. Since we can experience all that where we live, we wanted something a little different. Fortunately, we drove across town to discover downtown Manchester, which had a completely different feel.

The Radisson is a nice classy hotel in downtown Manchester. We had a nice large room on the third floor, and discovered that we were just down the hall from a fitness club, pool and hot tub, which we used later that evening. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, especially when it came to using their free wireless Internet service. Parking isn't free, but the hotel has a deal with the Convention Center parking garage attached to the hotel via a long corridor and I think we paid $8 extra for overnight parking in a secure, well-lit garage.

The hotel is in a good location in downtown Manchester with several restaurants and shops just down the street. We had dinner at the Red Arrow Diner, a 15-minute walk from the hotel. USA Today named "Red Arrow" as one of the Top Ten Diners in the United States. The diner experience was fun although I was a little disappointed in the food. The Radisson is also in the same area as the downtown arena and baseball stadium.

If you have a few extra minutes, take a five minute drive behind the hotel to see the beautiful Ste. Marie Church on the hill. It's hard to miss with its tall, ornate steeple.

Manchester is a cool town and I would highly recommend staying in the downtown area if you happen to visit there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Little Rody
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

This is the third year that we went to The World Quilt Show at The Radisson; It is always a pleasure to be there. The Radisson is very clean and with All The People that go there for four days the bathrooms are kept so clean.
The Parking is easy and doesn't cost a lot.
If there is a downfall it would have to be The Tavern, The food is good but the service is not. We gave it another chance this year but it was still bad.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

After reading other reviews, I was rather surprised at the condition of the hotel. Rooms are definitely in need of renovation - carpets unclean and well used. - would not recommend going barefoot. The housekeeping staff who provided the extra clean rooms to others must be on vacation - sheets had holes and stains on them - even the second set after requesting they be changed; bathroom was not clean. While staff is pleasant enough, a facelift of the property is definitely needed soon. If the location was not perfect for my purposes, I would definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as we were visiting family and friends. We had a very smooth check in and the rooms we got were so nice. There is a really nice bar that has a full menu with good food. There is a nice restaurant with a view of the lobby and small park out in front of the hotel. You can walk to many really nice restaurants for a change of atmosphere and it is across the street from the Verizon Wireless Areana that hosts many concerts and shows. Great Location.
It is very clean, from the rooms to the public areas.
I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple