“A pleasant surprise in downtown Manchester”

Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 20, 2009

After a long drive from Maine, I have to admit that I was at first discouraged when we entered Manchester in the hopes of finding some quaint overnight lodging and a nice restaurant for dinner. We ended up on the side of town with nothing but a long strip of chain hotels, fast food joints and a shopping mall. Since we can experience all that where we live, we wanted something a little different. Fortunately, we drove across town to discover downtown Manchester, which had a completely different feel.

The Radisson is a nice classy hotel in downtown Manchester. We had a nice large room on the third floor, and discovered that we were just down the hall from a fitness club, pool and hot tub, which we used later that evening. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, especially when it came to using their free wireless Internet service. Parking isn't free, but the hotel has a deal with the Convention Center parking garage attached to the hotel via a long corridor and I think we paid $8 extra for overnight parking in a secure, well-lit garage.

The hotel is in a good location in downtown Manchester with several restaurants and shops just down the street. We had dinner at the Red Arrow Diner, a 15-minute walk from the hotel. USA Today named "Red Arrow" as one of the Top Ten Diners in the United States. The diner experience was fun although I was a little disappointed in the food. The Radisson is also in the same area as the downtown arena and baseball stadium.

If you have a few extra minutes, take a five minute drive behind the hotel to see the beautiful Ste. Marie Church on the hill. It's hard to miss with its tall, ornate steeple.

Manchester is a cool town and I would highly recommend staying in the downtown area if you happen to visit there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed August 17, 2009

This is the third year that we went to The World Quilt Show at The Radisson; It is always a pleasure to be there. The Radisson is very clean and with All The People that go there for four days the bathrooms are kept so clean.
The Parking is easy and doesn't cost a lot.
If there is a downfall it would have to be The Tavern, The food is good but the service is not. We gave it another chance this year but it was still bad.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2009

After reading other reviews, I was rather surprised at the condition of the hotel. Rooms are definitely in need of renovation - carpets unclean and well used. - would not recommend going barefoot. The housekeeping staff who provided the extra clean rooms to others must be on vacation - sheets had holes and stains on them - even the second set after requesting they be changed; bathroom was not clean. While staff is pleasant enough, a facelift of the property is definitely needed soon. If the location was not perfect for my purposes, I would definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as we were visiting family and friends. We had a very smooth check in and the rooms we got were so nice. There is a really nice bar that has a full menu with good food. There is a nice restaurant with a view of the lobby and small park out in front of the hotel. You can walk to many really nice restaurants for a change of atmosphere and it is across the street from the Verizon Wireless Areana that hosts many concerts and shows. Great Location.
It is very clean, from the rooms to the public areas.
I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I recently stayed at the Radisson in Manchester, NH for a convention. I arrived solo after a road trip up from the Jersey Shore and was promptly greeted and asked how my travels were and then led through the process of check in - easily changing from a previously booked 2 double bed room to a king size room. Since I had driven the front desk associate let me know about parking and answered any questions I might have had.
Ample parking on site with easy in and out access - just remember to get your ticket stamped at the front desk.
The Radisson is easy walking distance to many great restaurants, bars, shops, UPS, the post office, etc - great location
The room was enormous and I encountered my first ever Serta sleep number bed - which was quite fun to play with and made for a great nights sleep. The hotel was very clean, ample space to feel comfortable in the rooms.
All staff encountered were very friendly and eager to help. I would recommend this property to anyone and if ever in the area again would definitely be a place I would stay!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The hotel was very clean!! They even put an alcohol wipe on every phone and remote!! That alone, was a big deal for me. Besides that the room, food, and location was great!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Now this was a first for me.

I had a swell time playing with that remote control attached to the bed which controls how hard or soft your side of the bed gets. I have to say that it was pretty amusing.

Yes, I am easily amused. I'm also big on cleanliness and silence. After a hard day's traveling across country - it's what one prizes the most.

But I do have to say that sleep number bed was the cat's meow.

p.s. (weekday parking after hours was free at the meter, but the next morning it does start at 8am with only 2 hours max! I think parking was like $8.00 in the hotel lot with in and out privileges. Getting drenched in the rain , waking up early to pay that meter - NOT FUN - lesson learned)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business