“Relaxing!”

Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My sister and I checked into this hotel on monday morning at 2am after driving all day from Canada. We were so tired and were unable to drive anymore. The front desk got us in to a room quick, it was a very nice room. Big with two double beds, big bathroom and the sleep number beds are super comfortable. The best part was when we called downstairs at 11am to ask for late checkout we were told that we could stay till 3pm without being charged for it! It was so awesome! We slept late and then went down to the 3rd floor to swim - we had the pool to ourselves so it was so relaxing. It was a great overnight trip!

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Fxylady21
Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed at the RADISSON for the Grand Chapter Session, Order of the Eastern Star recently, I hadn't stayed for several years and thought I would give the hotel another try. The room was clean
the service at the resturants was slow, rude and generally unsatisfactory. The real clincher was, when I check out I was given a receipt for the stay, it is what I expected, I asked if I needed to sign my charge slip and was told no that the receipt I found under my room that morning was what was charged to my account. The next morning I went on line to check the debits to my account and see that the Radisson had added an extra $25.00 to my bill. When I called to question the over charge I was told that was standard practice to cover any incidentials that may come up. I was never told about this "Standard Practice" nor did I authorize any payment for this. The hotel assured me that the money would be returned to my account within 3 to 5 days. This is unacceptable and I will of course not repeat any business at the Radisson. I am still trying to figure out how they charged my credit/debit card and give me a receipt with another guest name on it. (Oh, don't worry I was told she was in the same room, that lady is checking her credit card and bank charges so she doesn't get any suprises, and she has no plans to visit the Radisson agin) There are other hotels in Manchester in which to stay and we can drive to the Radisson for daily sessions. The parking is actually cheaper in the Radisson garage if you are
NOT an over night guest.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed June 7, 2008

Staying at the Radisson in Manchester, NH. We thought we would splurge a bit and get a 12th floor Executive Room. Don't bother spending the extra money. All the rooms are pretty much the same and getting quite old. Small room, worn television, tub that needs attention, very poor air conditioning and stained carpet. Sun beating in through the windows that have simple translucent shades. Seems like a Super 8. When we mentioned something to the front desk staff they just said, "Sorry". Oh well. We've stayed at Radissons before and this must be one of their lower end properties. Probably will stay at the new Hilton the next time we are in this nice city.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wefferman
Reviewed December 27, 2007

This was my second stay at the Radisson in Manchester NH and I was extremely pleased once again. Excellent location if you're attending an event at the Verizon Center across the street.
Rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is friendly and efficient, food in the pub was very good. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BostonBeagle1025
Reviewed July 30, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend as I had to attend a conference in Manchester. Arrival was fine, however it took forever to get someone to help me with my bags up to my room even though I had already explained to them I was late for my conference due to traffic. I brought my kitten up with me - very animal friendly hotel - no problems whatsoever - and it is only an additional $25.00 per night.

My boyfriend was arriving later in the evening and I set everything up at the front desk so they could just give him a key and he could go up to the room and get settled. When he arrived they said no key was left for him and his name wasn't on the reservation (which I tripled checked it was) and he would have to wait until I got back - such a pain in the but for him. When I arrived and talked to them, they didn't have any answers for me and told me there were no managers on at all that entire weekend.

Other than this, our stay was good - the room was big, clean, and comfortable. The room service was also good - as my boyfriend ordered breakfast one morning.

Also, it only costs $6.00 to park per day per room, no matter the amount of cars (we had two) and you can come and go as much as you please as long as you get it validated by the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank jzaffini4107
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I stayed at the Radisson for 5 nights for a convention along with my daughter. We stayed in a room looking over the front entrance (view of park across the street) on the 3rd Floor. While this was a great location for us since the indoor pool is also located on this floor, caution is advised for anyone staying in a room numbered 301 - 319 since there can be some "noise" during the hours that the pool is open. For us, we didn't mind since we were out of our rooms during the day and were able to make a quick dash from our room to the pool without needing to take the elevator.

The staff was very nice and helpful during our stay. The lobby restaurant serves breakfast and lunch; JD's Tavern serves lunch, dinner, and late night food until midnight. Other restaurants are within walking distance.

If you are driving to the hotel, pull in the front to unload your bags. After taking them to your room you can then pull down into the garage ($6.00 per night).

If you find yourself in Manchester for business, try the UPS Store 1/2 block away (800 block of Elm Street). The manager, Corey, and the rest of the staff were incredibly helpful to me with package delivery, photocopies, and other convention related needs.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank trip95
Reviewed May 6, 2007

When you see the outside and the lobby of the hotel, it appears to be a fancy...almost luxurious place. It isn't.

I stayed there for a Scrapbooking convention. It was extremely busy due to the convention, and I expected that. Our room was not outright 'dirty'... but it did not have a clean and fresh feeling to it. Everything just seemed old and a bit grungy. The dining options were expensive, limited, and unappealing, so we drove to elsewhere to eat.

I would stay there again if I went to that convention again, but if I was just going to Machester to visit (lol... not that I ever would)... I would find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lapeen2