“Friendly Hotel in Downtown Manchester”

Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a pleasant family stay at this hotel for an event over the Fourth of July weekend. The beds are extremely comfortable, though the sofa fold-outs were not (they'll bring you a rollaway however if requested). One of our rooms had great views of the fireworks over the river. Very convenient to downtown Manchester and the mill buildings. Bit of a walk from the minor league stadium (the Hilton is closer) but certainly very doable. Friendly and responsive staff despite it being a busy weekend for the hotel - when we had a repair issue they sent someone up immediately to fix it. Bathroom cleaning could have been more thorough, however. Cafe and restaurant staff were great - efficient and responsive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear BGosivetti,

Thank you for your great review. We are fortunate to have such a great location for the fireworks! We are delighted to hear your experience was a friendly one!

We will see if we can identify the room you were in to address the issue in the bathroom.

We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to the area.

sincerely,
Kim Roy

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown

Reviewed June 29, 2013

World traveler 33 years - not expecting much from a Radisson Hotel in downtown Manchester. You can tell that the management of this hotel knows who to hire and that they back the employees with the tools to do the job. Genuine sincere caring staff took care of a few small requests and you can tell that they actually like taking care of people. Example: Despite having yogurt on their buffet, my wife asked if they had any low fat yogurt. Answer from most hotels would have been "No - just what you see". Chrystal goes straight to the kitchen and brings back an assortment of low fat yogurts to choose from. When the customer asks for something in this hotel, you don't feel like you've "inconvenienced" any one in any way. They do everything they can to accommodate their clients. For a chain run hotel - pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the positive attitude of the staff. Very positive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg35805
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Greg,

Thank you so much for such a stellar review! There is no doubt I have some great manager's here that excel at selecting the right fit for our facility. Crystal will be so pleased to read your comments! I look forward to sharing them with her.

We hope to have the opportunity to meet again.

Kim Roy

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Don’t judge this book by its cover. A boring, blocky exterior actually gives way to a very nice guest experience once you pass through the front door.

A few of the highlights for me:
- Very pleasant & helpful front desk staff
- Generously sized standard guest rooms
- Fresh carpeting, wall coverings, and bathroom fixtures
- Comfortable bed
- Free WiFi

The attached parking garage, restaurant, and bar were all convenient. The hotel is situated on the Elm Street, the main drag of “ManchVegas”, so there are plenty of restaurants and such within easy walking distance.

I don’t have anything really negative to report. I think they could rearrange the lobby a bit to make some more comfortable gathering/working spaces that exist outside of the bar. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to check out the gym & pool, but I promise I will on my next swing through. I’ll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear SFBear Traveler,

Much appreciation for acknowledging the front desk staff.

The guestrooms are good size and I am assuming it was the Sleep Number Bed you enjoyed.

I must ask for your suggestions regarding the lobby furniture. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can better understand your thoughts on improving that area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a very well run hotel. The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are immaculate, and the public spaces are spacious and pleasant. The breakfast buffet is well presented and varied..
What else can you ask for at a conference oriented hotel?

Dear Spencer,

It is always great to hear people state they feel good service is not by chance. We are pleased to hear you enjoy the staff. We have so many wonderful individuals that feel your experience matters. Thank you for sharing with the community.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was at the Radisson for a two day, one overnight conference. My room was spacious and comfortable with a sleep number bed, flat screen TV, complimentary coffee maker, water, wifi and a window that actually opened...not much but I could get a fresh air breeze. My room had one of the renovated bathrooms with a walk-in shower with stone floor and walls. The shower was spacious and lovely as was the rest of the bathroom. Unfortunately, when exiting the shower the door tended to squeegee the water out onto the bathroom floor. I understand they are trying to solve that problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a renovated bathroom

Dear Esther,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while at your conference.

You were correct regarding the renovated shower. We appreciate the feedback. They are indeed beautiful!

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel ranks first in hotels in my opinion.I have stayed in some very expensive hotels and none matched this moderate price hotel. It was spectacular in service, room quality ( best handicapped accessible room I have ever stayed in!). Shower was wheel chair accessible- had a fold doQwn PADDED seat. Usually handicapped accessible means bars to help climb in and out of a tub. It also had bars in shower and bars around toilet. It had a great Tavern and a beautiful open garden like space where the breakfast buffet was available. The hotel was gorgeous!

I was traveling with my family, and their room allowed them to have their dog. And I left my credit card behind - received a call the next day and after giving some identifying info, the Controller who had contacted me, sent it at no charge! We quite often fly in and out of Boston which is nearly three hours away. Sometimes when taking an early flight or arriving back home late, we will spend the night near Boston. From now on, that hotel will be the Downtown Raddison, Manchester, NH!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Beverlee_13
Kim R, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Beverly,

Thank you for ranking us first! What a great review. We are so pleased you had a wonderful experience here. It's important to the staff (myself included) that everyone feels welcome and enjoys their stay.
Accommodating pets is important to us. We know how it can be when we need to leave our precious cargo behind. Not to mention how scary it can be when we leave a credit card behind. I will pass your compliments on to the controller.
We hope to see you when you are back in the area.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel far surpassed our expectations in every way and The front desk was amazing, especially "Rick" "The Bomb"He got us into a room early and we were able to rest< as much as you can "Rest" with an 8 yr. old hockey player, in between games. I would make this hotel my 1st choice when returning to the Manchester area and I will also recommend it to my friends and family.
Sincerely
Catie Barnier
PS the review from Jeffery B was from my son I believe and it makes my heart feel warm knowing I have raised such a polite young man.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear HockeyNana,

I want to thank you for not only raising such a polite individual but for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Obviously the apple does not fall far from the tree.

We are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. I can't wait to share this with Rick. He is a relatively newer employee and is really making an impression on our guests. We look forward to your return visit.
Safe travels,