“Nice hotel, but dont plan on getting any sleep”

Radisson Hotel Manchester
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice hotel, but dont plan on getting any sleep”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had nothing bad to say about this hotel until around 11pm. We checked in and right away I noticed the bed sheets were inside out. I called down to the front desk and they sent someone up to fix them. The room itself was clean and spacious. Would rather not have had a "sleep member" bed or whatever there called. I think there awfull, but I didnt complain about it. Front desk staff all very nice. The problems began around 11 pm when we were obviously put on a floor with large group of teens or 20 something "party animals". I didnt get upset about the door slamming and yelling, screaming and noise until around midnight. It wasnt letting up. Well long story short, I called the front desk 3 times between midnight and 3:00 in the morning. I know other guests were upset too. Someone came up each time I called and it would get quiet for about 10 minutes and then the partiers would begin again. It went on until 4:30 in the morning. At 4:30 they began to file out of the rooms, talking and screaming loud enough to wake the dead. But no one on that floor could possibly have been sleeping unless they were deaf. GOT NO SLEEP. I was so upset when we were going to leave in the morning I could not even go and check out for fear I would completely loose it with the staff. My bill did have 100.00 deducted from the total which was very nice of the hotel to do. Honestly I would have comped the room completely after such a miserable stay. My problem is that security never after 3 calls to complain from more than just us, and with the first call at midnight and the last call at around 3 am, they NEVER cleared the rooms of anyone who wasnt registered there. I could not believe after 3-4 hours or ruckus, they came up, knocked on doors, said quiet down and that was it. They most definitely should have cleared the rooms after the second complaint, but it went on til 4:30 am. No excuse for this at all, NONE. I sure hope the GM reads this review. It's been days and I'm still upset about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at the Manchester Radisson for a four day conference and absolutely LOVED the hotel. The conference facilities were perfect for our purposes - but the hotel itself was the best part!! I have never stayed at a hotel were every single imployee I saw was smiling. Even the girls working in the gift shop who must have been bored out of their minds were smiling and upbeat. The mainenance staff couldn't have been kinder. My room was spotless. Spotless!!! The manager at this hotel is certainly doing something right because over the course of four days, I never say an employee with anything but a smile, a happy comment, genuine concern for our comfort...It was crazy good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can't say enough about my wonderful stay at the Radisson Manchester. The staff was so pleasant and anxious to assist me in any way. They truly seem to care that all goes well for you. The room was absolutely lovely. I was pleased with the prices in the two on site restaurants, as well as the menu and quality of food. I will not only return to this hotel when I need to be back in the area, but will keep it in mind when I just feel like getting away due to the overall wonderful experience I had.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Derby, Connecticut
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Radisson in Manchester, NH is the friendliest hotel I know. From the front desk to housekeeping and from the maitre d' to the wait staff, they all go the extra mile to satisfy the guests. Housekeeping brought us extra pillows, extra glasses with a smile for our extra guest in room. JD allowed substitutions for our lactose intolerant friend. Cafe waiter let one person at our table create her own esoteric omelet recipe and had the chef produce it. These are just a few examples. Everyone in this place is in business to please.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rubyroo2111, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Natascha,

"Everyone in this place IS in business to please." And we appreciate you noticing and sharing. I am a bit curious about the omelet. I guess I'll have to ask the breakfast staff.

We are glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to this area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you have the occassion to stay in Manchester, NH for either business or pleasure, the Radisson Hotel on Elm Street is the place to be.

In the center of the bustling business district, this beautiful hotel and conference center is only topped by their great staff. I was at this hotel with my wife for business. When I returned a week later, the front desk clerk made a point to come over to say hello as she had remebered the face from the week before. It is a pleasure to not just be another face at the counter.

Either of the two dining options offer a variety of great meals and their staff is prompt and very friendly. The tavern is open late for socialization.

The Radisson is also directly across the street from Verizon Arena and one block away from NE Delta stadium. A perfect place for easy parking and restful room after and event at either location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear A.Bryant,

Wow, thank you. We are very fortunate to be located in close proximity to both the Verizon Wireless Arena and the NE Delta stadium. They have great events at both facilities.

I have to tell you, my smile was ear to ear when I read that you were recognized by the staff upon your return. There are some talented caring individuals all about the hotel and its comments like yours that keep them going! We truly appreciate the feedback.
Take care. Until we meet again,
Greene, Maine
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We make several trips to Manchester each year, some are pleasure and others business. All occasions we always try to stay at the Radisson. Rooms are roomy and very clean, never an issue with noise, and the food, drinks rate at the top in our travels! Very convienent to the downtown area and the Verizon Civic Center. Greeted by our name at the front desk even hours after check-in! Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mjdance,

Glad to hear we are your choice whether business or pleasure. The staff takes pride in their efforts to provide excellent service. I get excited to share reviews like this with them. Thank you for sharing.

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had a wonderful experience during my stay at the Radisson in Mancheser NH. I was there just over night and the wait staff was very attentive and wanted to make sure that I had everything I needed for my stay. The room was clean and comfortable and I had a great time playing with the sleep number bed. I would stay again in a heart beat!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wanda M,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how pleased you were with your overnight stay. We hope others find it as "wonderful" as you did. Appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon,