“Still the best Authentic Italian food in the area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccola Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 396 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NH
“Still the best Authentic Italian food in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have eaten here many times and the food is always good. Their bread was nice and warm and if you ask, they have a wonderful oil and garlic dipping sauce (The best we ever had, highly recommend it!). For our cocktails, they did not skimp on the alcohol and they were wonderful!! The restaurant has undergone a menu change but, when we asked about one of my favorite veal dishes that was not on the menu anymore, the owner knew exactly what I was talking about and had it made to order for me, which was greatly appreciated!. I am Italian and do a lot of Italian cooking and we still found both meals were made to order and were wonderfully tasty. The only downside maybe is, the decor is some what warm but could use an update. The wait time was reasonable and we never felt rushed. We will be back.

• Visited May 2013

Brandon, MS
“Food was OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The smells coming from the restaurant while walking down the sidewalk drew us in. The staff was very helpful, but the food missed the mark. I ordered the Butternut squash ravioli and could not eat it. The taste was too sweet - more than expected. There was no offer of choosing another menu item. Others at our table were satisfied with their meal, but not overly impressed. The prices were out of line with the quality of the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“The sign said "Authenic Italian Cuisine"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived in Manchester for Business and my hotel, The Radisson, only had a bar, no restaurant so, wanting lunch, decided to walk the Main street and see what I could find. About three blocks from the hotel I saw the Piccola Italia and its banner "Authentic Italian Cuisine" . I entered and was greeted by a very pleasant maître d' and waitress. The first thing that arrived was two very hot and very good rolls. My Caesar Salad followed within seconds (bit wilted). I then knew that something was wrong when my entre followed the salad by 30 seconds. The Chicken Parm was a block of frozen chicken that had the breading and probably the cheese attached and was put in a microwave for a few minutes to thaw. The sad part was that the Penne must have been swimming in hot water put on my plate, water and all thus making not only the penne swim but also the Chicken blob. On top of this was a diced tomato sauce that most likely came from a commercial can. I ate both of the great rolls and the salad and as much of the Chicken Parm and Penne soup that I could and paid my bill and left. I'm looking for a good restaurant in the Elm Street area of Manchester.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JJMAYNARD
Holderness, New Hampshire
“Great Italian food in warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful meal here before a performance at The Palace Theater. The waitress was very sensitive to our time frame and provided just the right timing of our meals. The Caesar salad was superb! Dressing was homemade and fresh with the anchovies paste coming through delicately. Warm rolls were so good. Butternut squash ravioli was flavorful with a light sauce with a hint of cinnamon...delicious! Fettuccine was enjoyed as well. We liked that the menu suggests wines appropriate to the different menu items. Keep up the good work, staff members. We will be back. The atmosphere is warm and cozy and decorated in traditional Italian mode. A very pleasant experience.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“authentic italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Owner and staff very friendly and accommodating. Nice atmosphere. Great for a nice lunch or dinner. Told all dishes are made to order. Very tasty and able to make gluten free meals easily. Convenient location in downtown Manchester on Elm St.

Visited September 2012