“Awesome!”

Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to visit on a Sunday morning for brunch. We had both heard about Gaucho's but neither of us had ever been. It was fantastic! The food was delicious, the options were great and the people were friendly. We were a little confused at first as to how it worked exactly as it is not a typical buffet, but once we figured it out we loved it!

Visited February 2013

New Hampshire
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Went here with my family for a birthday party. I should preface this by saying that I love Brazilian steakhouses. I have been to them all over the place and it's always been one of my favorite types of restaurant. Maybe we made a mistake by going on a weeknight, but this place was truly disappointing.

The food was okay, the salad bar is a lot smaller than you usually find at this type of establishment, but what was there was decent. What was really lacking was the service. The table waitress was inattentive and only came along once in a while. We were often waiting for her to clear plates and bring drink refills. There were only two meat servers working, and they came around too infrequently. Again, we were often looking around for them and had to ask them to bring out some of the better offerings as they were only coming around with sausage and chicken. You go to a steakhouse for steak, it shouldn't be a side note to the meal, and you shouldn't have to sit there for ten minutes with an empty plate at a Brazilian steakhouse!

The place is well decorated, clean and well laid out. The atmosphere would probably have been very good but for the group of five very loud and boisterous drunks sitting at the table by the bar being loud and obnoxious. Their language was definitely not family friendly and we were quite surprised that manage did nothing to try to tone them down.

Like I said, I really love Brazilian steakhouses and I really wanted to like this one so I would have a good choice right here near home. I am truly disappointed in the experience we had here and will not likely give them another try.

2 Thank Brian_in_NH
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Satisfy your need for red meat”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I ate dinner here while in Manchester on business.

Parking on the street costs money, but you can park in the lot for the diner across the street for free (note, don't park in the lot directly across the street from the restaurant--that's for an office building).

The interior of the restaurant is clean, modern and relatively austere. I was there on a Tuesday evening at about 7:00PM, and there were two other tables.

The salad bar was nice, but there wasn't anything on there that made me want to give up real estate in my stomach for the red meat that was to come.

At most rodizio restaurants, the put the side dishes at the table. Here, you have to go get them, which is inconvenient (what if you're collecting side dishes when the guy comes around with your favorite cut of meat?). I had some of the spinach, which was okay, but a little dry.

The rodizio meats were very, very good, though, and that made up for the mediocre salad bar and side dishes. The flank steak, prime rib, lamb, sirloin and bacon-wrapped tenderloin were all very good, and the portions were very generous. Once they figured out that I liked my meat rare, they always brought spits of meat that had rare meat on them for me.

They did have chicken an sausages, but I didn't give them a try. I also didn't have any dessert.

The servers were all very attentive and polite.

At $28, this is an excellent value for hardened carnivores.

1 Thank ARWhite
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Bottomless delicious rodizio style!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have visited this place many times and it's always awesome! Their rodizio lunch or dinner are always great. The variety of meats is awesome and they always have a good variety of sides. The servers come out of the kitchen with all kinds of freshly grilled meat and fish and it never fails to please! The cheese bread is the best! Their rodizio lunch price is very affordable, and the dinner is not too bad either, for the amount of food you can eat! Go very hungry, leave happily stuffed!

Visited November 2012
Hudson, NH
“Bright, clean, good food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

went with friends after an afternoon palace theater show. The place was basically empt at 4pm which was opening. Glad we came early. By the time we left, there were no seats & a waiting line. The waitress explained the green up for food, red up for no-food signals & the 2 buffet serving areas. Not long after we were seated, having a drink but did not start up for the buffet, we were asked to move to accommodate a big reservation coming later in the evening. You would think they would have planned ahead for that. Not really a problem, just a little poor seat arrangement.
Buffet area was clean & food was fresh. Good selections from varied seafood salads & cerviche to grape leaves & hot soup. The gentlemen with the skewers were polite & around when you wanted them but not hovering. Only thing, a companion had tried grilled chicken hearts before & wanted to try a few at this restaurant. I saw the man with that skewer after we were finished with the main portion of our dinners. He said you have to ask specifically for them. He did give my friend a few, would have been nice to know that up front. $30/person is a little high but if you are a big eater with a big appetite, I guess you get your moneys' worth Advice, go early..buffet line gets long.