“Rotten meat & bad business”

Gaucho's Grill Churrascaria
Ranked #46 of 412 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Me and my girl friend go to this place every weekend. Today (January 20, 2013) the place was pretty busy. All the food was tasting good from the buffet. Then We flipped are cards to green, out came chicken wrapped in bacon (which tasted like a hot dog but I'm not a fan of bacon anyway), grilled pineapple was next ( was amazing) then came the prime rib, my girl friend got her piece first then I got mine. As I'm chewing my last bite I look over at her and she stopped chewing and just looked weird. She spit out her piece into a napkin. She then started telling me the piece was rotten. I normally would have said she was over reacting but she worked in a food store for 6yrs and I trust when she says something is rotten. So I went to smell the uneatten piece and it got about 3inches from my nose and started gagging. It was disgusting! I was so disgusted I couldn't even look at the serloin (the whole reason why I wanted to go today). I informed the waitress and had her smell the rotten piece, she then went to tell the owner. Which took legit 15mins! When he finally came over he apologized but did not take the blame for the rotten meat. He only proceeded to give every other reason under the sun as to why it could have happened.(I'm sorry but don't you think a rotten piece is something you would have noticed coming out of the packages before you cook it!? Unless its left over from days before?) he then asked us what we wanted to do about it! (Excuse me but dont you own the restaurant?)He asked us if we wanted gift cards. (Why would I want a gift card from your restaurant when my girl friend just ate rotten meat and you are smiling and look like you could care less?) he never said we didn't have to pay for the meal, only brought out two gift cards and said you can use it for brunch or dinner! I told him to keep his cards and I have no interest in my friends or family coming here again and I'm not paying for this meal. We then left.

1  Thank Scotty765

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am Brazilian, so I can speak with knowledge.
Gaucho should not name itself as a Brazilian Steak House, Let me explain from the beginning:
I've been there around lunch time on a Saturday, where I was received by an American waitress, I discovered that the owner it's Uruguayan, the barbecue master was Mexican, so, there was not even a Brazilian employee, I speak it without any kind of racism, but Brazilian food should be made by Brazilians, that's the same when you drink a good Scottish whiskey made ​​by Chinese.
Only the meat reminded a little bit of Brazil, however everything else was typical American food. If you are Brazilian, do not waste your time, do not go to Gaucho, , I am sure you will regret. If you are from another country, you can go, I'm sure you'll like meat, but I can assure you that Gaucho can not be considered an authentic Brazilian restaurant.

1  Thank MarcoMaciel
Reviewed December 20, 2012

What a great place to eat. It was so good. If you are looking for a place that is almost as good as Texas De' Brazil but on a smaller scale and closer to home in NH then this is the place!!! The steak was great and almost melts in your mouth. The sausage can be good or a bit fry at times (its hit or miss) and the chicken is ok, but not nearly as mouth watering as the steaks were.
My office went there for a late lunch and they had no trouble accommodating us on short notice. This is a great place to eat and not to expensive, just be sure to bring your appetite!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The night started with the most amazing variety of Martinis I've ever seen, was filled out by the incredible bounty of meat (Including, one of my favorites that I've never seen anwhere else... chicken hearts!) and was capped with a lemoncello desert to die for!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I usually go here maybe twice a year..food is very good can be pricey as it is an all you can eat and they keep coming to your table with a variety of meats unless you turn your placecard over to the stop side....very easy to overeat..lol