“must stop in”

Ipswich Clambake
Bennington, Vermont
“must stop in”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My mother and I tried the Ipswich Clambake while visiting in town. I could not have asked for better food. I got the calamari my mother got fish it was excellent. I also enjoyed some of the best chowder I have yet to have. This is necessary stop you will not regret it.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank jwalk505

Bedford, New Hampshire
“Great Addition to the Restaurant Scene in Manchester”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I ate here last night as he was craving fried clams. The clams ended up being very good and we ended up liking the fried haddock strips even more. The mussels were pretty good too. This restaurant used to be the "Clam King," so we were very happy to see another fish fry take over, and they did a good job at updating the place. There is a large bar and all new furniture, making it a cross between a fish fry and a happening little restaurant. I would call it more lively and not a place to go if you'e on a romantic night out. We went on a Sunday night, which was only their 3rd night open, and they were very busy but we didn't have to wait too long (about 15 minutes). The waitstaff was very attentive and the food came out fast. My husband thought it came too fast and felt rushed, but I think they will get their bearings after they've been open a couple more weeks. They also had burgers and chicken on the menu, so it's a good place to check out even if you don't care for seafood. Very good value as well. We thought they made a mistake because we got so much food and our bill seemed low, but we checked and that's just the way it is! Was also surprised when I called to ask what time they closed and it was Midnight on a Sunday!

• Visited July 2014