“Great little hole in the wall!”

Lala's Hungarian Pastry
Ranked #27 of 423 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have eaten at Lala's a few times. I enjoy the quiet atmosphere and European pastries on occasion.

My favorite is the dobos with coffee. The goulash is decent, too.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have only been here for dessert, but it is so good that we just keep coming back. Worth a stop inside if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had lunch here today, although I had initially gone in to buy some pastries. The aromas in the shop convinced me that lunch was necessary as well. I had the Hungarian chicken soup, which was delicious....filled with chopped vegetables and pieces of chicken. I then tried the Beef Goulash, which was served over egg noodles and with sides of carrots and rice. Paparika was evident in the preparation of the goulash...just the right amount. The beef was "melt in your mouth" tender. The gentleman who owned the business was friendly and informative. I glanced at the breakfast menu, which was shorter than the lunch offerings, but which looked very good. Don't leave without buying some of the amazing pastries to take home!

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a rec from a friend who lived in the area and it was even better than he promised. From the soup to the main course to the pastries, this place nails it!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

As an American of Hungarian descent it doesn't get any better than this outside of Hungary. Will definitely go back when I'm in NH again.