“Great atmosphere, authentic food”
Review of Cafe Momo

Cafe Momo
Ranked #64 of 412 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Cafe Momo's is a hidden gem in Manchester. Very cozy, there are only 4 or 5 tables in the dining room. The food is authentic and cooked to order with the heat you prefer (the waiter will ask you on a scale how hot you like). There are a few wine and beer choices and a few specialty drinks. In the summer, the parking lot is lined with pots of fresh herbs and vegetables, no doubt, used in the kitchen. A must try if you like unique authentic Nepalese cuisine.

3  Thank mamajam

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This resturant has a lot of good lunch options. The shrimp tarkari is really good. They are closed Mondays. I had the haddock once and it was really good as well.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I ate at MoMo's last Saturday night with 8 friends and the food was wonderful. The restaurant is small and intimate . Everyone at our table loved their meals. The kitchen is happy to accommodate everyone's level of spice and dietary needs, Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This restaurant is not only the restaurant that I feel serves the healthiest food in Manchester and maybe anywhere I have ever been, but without a doubt is the best taxing food in the city of manchester. The cashew coated haddock is the Best haddock dish I have ever tried. Desserts need some improvement but of the 7 dishes I have tried 6 are amazing, the only thing i tried i was not overly pleased with was an appetizer. (chiola, I think was the name). Great place. Very friendly owner and staff.

3  Thank crazyglue33
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Finally a restaurant that serves Asian food that does not taste like sweet gloop!
The Momos and Gudruk soup were fantastic. The goat curry was also excellent, and I liked how the vegetables were not overcooked. I've only eaten Nepalese food in India but this was as good. The waiter was very careful to check the spice level desired.
Being English and brought up on curries, then I went for 8 out of 10 which was tasty and not too overpowering. My wife had salmon on asparagus which she also said was delicious. Probably my new favorite restaurant in Manchester.

1  Thank NHstu