“Very nice mid-level hotel.”

Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Lawrenceville, United States
“Very nice mid-level hotel.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

With a rack rate of $160 the hotel is more expensive than many in the area. Walking (1.2 miles) distance to downtown restaurants and shopping. Rooms on the back of the hotel overlook the baseball field and we had games three of the four days of our stay. The room were very quiet, even with the hotel totally booked, and there was ample parking so there was space in the lot even when the hotel filled. Breakfast is cooked to order and the fruit is cut fresh rather than being canned. We liked the property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the location and breakfast. Please visit us again the next time your travel plans bring you to Manchester!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Goshen, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel to attend MQX Quilt Festival and had a great experience. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and the location was within walking distance of the festival. They also provide a complimentary shuttle if needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your accommodations while attending the MQX festival. I am glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient to the convention center. We hope to see you next year!
berwick, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel was very conviently located in Downtown Manchester. Rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. Ate in the resturant once and the food was delicious. I am a hilton honors member and was surprised at the couple of little perks I recieved when I checked in (I had just joined). The staff was friendly and very accomodating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Our Chef recently won "Chef of the Year" and we couldn't be prouder! Unfortunately, hotels sometimes catch a bad reputation for dining and we are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to prove that theory wrong! Thanks again and we hope to see you again.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here as we were in town for a family wedding. Although the staff at the reception and in the restaurant were pleasant we found the room to be extremely small, the bed uncomfortable and the comforter to be extremely thin (especially considering the 30-40 degree temperatures outside). Although we had the heat on we had to request an extra blanket (which was "tattered") so as not to freeze! The room we were given had a view of some train tracks and the parking lot, although some of the rooms have a view of the ballpark next to the hotel and the river. This was our first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and probably our last.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your review. I apologize that you were not happy with the amenities and appointment of your room as we strive to provide quality accommodations and service in all areas of our hotel. We will use your comments as we continually evolve to meet and exceed your expectations and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the hotel almost weekly. With all the work on my plate I usually only have time for dinner at the bar. If Nancy is working I knoe she will take care of me. Greate f personality, professionalism te service. If its a nite when Nancys not working your waiting sometimes 20 minutes for a refill pr even to order. I have counted a handfull of times where people have to find thd server to even order something. Theres such a big difference from when nancy is working or not most of the time now if she isnt, Ill go grab a bite to eat elsewhere. They bartenders/servers seem so pre occupied with room service they forget about the customers at the bar. Id address this asap if I were you Hilton before others pick up what I have at the hotel and you lose more business

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal guest and sharing feedback on our service via TripAdvisor. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – especially in areas we excel and including places of improvement. I will be sure to share your kind words with Nancy and apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted on nights you experienced other servers. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of meeting and exceeding your expectations. We hope that you will continue to be our guest so that we may show you the hospitality you expect and deserve.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with my mom a few days ago. Going into the room i thought it was beautiful but when i went into the bathroom I found hair in the tub and soup scum in the corner. I asked to change rooms and they moved me right away and apologiesed. I should have had him wait because this bathroom wasnt cleaned either. I had to move once again and my next room was perfect. Besides the room cleanliness issues the front desk staff was great with helping to move me and find a better room. Ryan and another man (didnt catch his name) were very helpful and gave us a list of local restaurants to go to and comped are br. The view from are room was beautiful we got to see the whole baseball field which was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are glad you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and we apologize for the problems you encountered with bathroom cleanliness. We have addressed the issues with our housekeepers and assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.
Burlington, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

love everything about this hotel for family trips--monarch hockey games in the winter and baseball in the summer, when it's a must to book a room overlooking the diamond! no need to leave the hotel for another restaurant -- the dining experience at the hotel is first-rate!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing HGI Manchester! I am happy to hear that you take advantage of the sporting events when in town. Baseball season is upon us and we hope you will visit us to catch a game! It's finally warming up here in Manchester and we are looking forward to a great season on the Patio!