“Cleanliness Issues.”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Providence, Rhode Island
“Cleanliness Issues.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with my mom a few days ago. Going into the room i thought it was beautiful but when i went into the bathroom I found hair in the tub and soup scum in the corner. I asked to change rooms and they moved me right away and apologiesed. I should have had him wait because this bathroom wasnt cleaned either. I had to move once again and my next room was perfect. Besides the room cleanliness issues the front desk staff was great with helping to move me and find a better room. Ryan and another man (didnt catch his name) were very helpful and gave us a list of local restaurants to go to and comped are br. The view from are room was beautiful we got to see the whole baseball field which was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are glad you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and we apologize for the problems you encountered with bathroom cleanliness. We have addressed the issues with our housekeepers and assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Burlington, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

love everything about this hotel for family trips--monarch hockey games in the winter and baseball in the summer, when it's a must to book a room overlooking the diamond! no need to leave the hotel for another restaurant -- the dining experience at the hotel is first-rate!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing HGI Manchester! I am happy to hear that you take advantage of the sporting events when in town. Baseball season is upon us and we hope you will visit us to catch a game! It's finally warming up here in Manchester and we are looking forward to a great season on the Patio!
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I never worry when I recommend this hotel because I know this outstanding staff will delivered the best service in town. Everything from the way they welcome you upon arrival to the rarely needed maintenance and the above average food service is top notch. And forget about your past experiences with other hotel shuttles. When you need a ride on the HGI shuttle, it will feel like to are taking a ride with an old friend. Ask for a room overlooking the ballpark. It's a great and very unique view.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind words. It is truly our pleasure to welcome back our frequent guests! We pride ourselves on guest service and it is such a pleasure to know that it is recognized. I am so happy to hear that our drivers take good care of you while you are visiting us. We look forward to seeing you next time.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I only stayed here one night but boy was it cold. My window was shut tight but leaked air like a sieve. My thermostat said 70 when I came into the room, and was still 70 an hour later and I still had not taken off my coat. I called maintenance and a very pleasant man came and said "Yes, its cold in here. Just push it to 80." So much for being environmentally conscious. At home I keep my thermostat at 65.
Otherwise room was comfortable enough and quite clean. I did not use any of the facilities, although there were many at this property. When I booked the hotel I had been thinking it was similar to Hamptons with a free breakfast but that is not the case.
Staff were very nice, shared directions and offered me a van ride to a local restaurant.
Its a great location and no traffic noise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that your heating system wasn't functioning properly and please know that we have addressed this. I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be courteous and the location to be ideal. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!
Fresno, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is my favorite hotel in the Hilton chain! The staff is awesome! The rooms are clean and comfortable. But the best part are the ladies that work in the restaurant and bar and their two lovely shuttle drivers! They always remember all their regulars and make you feel like you just got home. The location is great too! So many restaurants in the area to chose from.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel and especially for the recognition of our staff! We are lucky to have some amazing people to work with and make our guests feel welcome. It is always a pleasure to hear from our valued guests and we looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

For a few days of shopping and good diners, highly recommend this hotel for services, cleanliness, very good location and great staff. As retired couples we thouroughly enjoyed our stay Tks Hilton Manchester.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing HGI Manchester! I am thrilled to hear that you took advantage of the many shopping and dining options here in Manchester! We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Ebensburg, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a very good value in Manchester. It is right by UNH and accessible to restaurants, the interstate, etc. Very clean and in a cool location right by a baseball field. The staff were fast, courteous, and skilled at getting business travellers in and out as well as providing local directions and insight.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the staff to be knowledgeable and efficient. It is truly a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our team and we thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.