“Visiting Manchester, NH”

Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 8, 2014

An afternoon at the Currier Art Museum, a swim at the pool at the Hilton Garden Inn and an excellent dinner at The Republic, a farm to table restaurant and a wonderful sleep meant a lovely vacation all within a 24 hour period.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Manchester! It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your time in Manchester. We do have some fantastic restaurants in the city and the Currier is just lovely. We hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to Manchester!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I wasn't sure to expect at a Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Manchester, New Hampshire during the dead of winter, but boy was I surprised! The lobby of this hotel is beautiful and features a great little restaurant that serves a delicious full breakfast (via buffet) every morning. Eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice etc. This is no rinky dink "continental breakfast." The room we had overlooked the New Hampshire Fisher Cats baseball stadium, and while covered in snow that day, the views were incredible. I could definitely see myself returning to watch a baseball game from the leisure of my hotel room. I also noticed the hotel had an outdoor restaurant/bar directly in the outfield of the stadium, truly a unique set up for a hotel! The room itself was also perfect. Clean, nice updated furniture, modern bathroom, brand new LG TV, Kuerig coffee pot in room with tea and coffee k-cups. Wifi internet was also free and speedy. Most importantly for New Hampshire winter, the heating unit was very sensitive and worked great, neither driving us out or freezing us. I've stayed in some fairly "fancy" boutique hotels in major cities and this Garden Inn actually looked better in appearance and had a better location and views than many of them. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow, what a fantastic review of our hotel! You certainly referenced several of our amenities and we are so happy that you had such a pleasant experience. Although snowy and cold, the views of the baseball field are still quite majestic. That being said, it still doesn't compare to baseball season when the NH Fishercats are playing! We hope you are able to visit again during the season and can take advantage of the seating on our Patio to catch a game!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Overall, a good experience but this Hilton Garden Inn is a bit more spartan than others I have been in. Nothing major, but the room lacks wall decorations and the bathroom amenities did not include conditioner. The room did not have a lot of lighting, so in the evening it appeared kind of drab. However, it was clean and the breakfast service was good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel face the stadium.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing HGI Manchester. We truly appreciate all guest feedback and suggestions. I am very sorry about your room lacking conditioner as all rooms should include both shampoo and conditioner so I certainly apologize for the oversight. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In addition, our hotel will be undergoing renovations beginning next month which will include updates to our lobby as well as our guest rooms. We are very excited about this and are confident that our guests will benefit from it. We hope you will have the opportunity to check it out! Thanks again for your comments and for staying with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I cannot emphasize enough what a great experience I had. Fantastic all around. Everything was terrific from the service all the way to the cleanliness and the shuttle. Staff very friendly and willing to help. Room very clean, quiet, and quaint. All the amenities of home in one spot. Loved it! Will visit again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bridie F

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. I am so glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle! We are fortunate to have the best shuttle drivers as they are all very knowledgeable about the area and truly enjoy doing what they do! Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

As others have written, this is a fine hotel in a super location. Breakfast buffet is quite nice. No problems with parking, and getting around town. It's adjacent to the baseball stadium, and within walking distance of businesses and restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had Dinner before the Boston Pops. What a great Dinner. Service was GREAT. Food was awesome!!! Check out the menu its has some great items. During the Holidays the outside is lit up with lights in every tree around the property. nice touch

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I booked the suite for my girlfriend and I to enjoy a concert in Manchester. We got a great rate 140 for the night, and the hotel is quite beautiful. The room at first glance was very nice. After settling in I realized that the tables were sticky/tacky. I also found what appeared to be a "love stain" on the cushion of the couch. Later in the evening we decided to try the "whirlpool jet tub", It seemed as if some of the jets didn't work, a shame as that's why we got the room. Overall I felt the room was very nice. The free breakfast was terrific, the lobby was very nice, but the cleanliness of the room, and poorly functioning tub were unacceptable in a "Suite". I'm not sure if I will give them a second chance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Hello and thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester. I appreciate your candid review and am deeply sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I am grateful that we were able to touch base and look forward to seeing you again in January for a "do over" as I am confident that you will have a great experience! Again, thank you for expressing your concerns and for giving us the opportunity to make things right.