“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Orem, Utah
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Got a late start from Boston Logan on our way up to Vermont and weather was getting worse - pitch black, high winds and raining cats and dogs. Pulled into Manchester and found the HGI and got a room. Great friendly staff took good care of us and made us feel welcome. Tired and hungry we had a good meal in the restaurant, a real plus in HGI's. Clean, well kept property in good location. Room was just what we needed. Thanks for the rescue!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ietsgotravel
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for finding us! We are thrilled to hear that we were able to provide a warm alternative to the outside weather. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and accommodations. Please keep us in mind should your travel plans bring you back to Manchester. Take good care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived before my original room was prepared so I received a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view of the baseball field out back. There were no games so I enjoyed how quiet my view and window was. If it was game day I imagine I would enjoy being able to catch a few innings from my room.

The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed the complimentary shuttle service into downtown where parking was a bit tough. I ended up staying out too late at bar to miss the last call for shuttles, but I was able to make the 15 minute walk back with no trouble. The location isn't located right down town, but it is close enough and the walk seemed safe.

The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were of a decent size. I enjoyed having the mini fridge and microwave available for my use. The pool is too small to even attempt swimming laps which I found a bit annoying. The athletic center was of a decent size. There are very few hotel fitness centers I like; I need a mat with space for my HIIT routine and pull-up bar for obvious reasons. In that regard I am yet again unimpressed with a hotel fitness center, but other than that it seemed like a decent one in comparison to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BenR27
Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester, NH. We know you have many choices when choosing a hotel in the area. Please know that your comments and feedback are important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again.
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm such a big fan of this HGI. I am a 2005 Saint Anselm College graduate and whenever I return to Manchester this is always the place that I rest my head. The lobby and bar area is clean and attractive, the staff is courteous and friendly, and the rooms are updated and spacious. In the spring you can see a Fisher Cats game right in your backyard whether you purchase a seat or just sit on the large deck at the HGI with a drink and snack. There is a year round jacuzzi as well as an indoor pool and a suitable gym. Most importantly to some, the location is right in downtown Manchester. It is set back on a side street a bit but you can walk to restaurants and bars within 5-10 minutes. There is also ample free parking. I will continue to stay here on future trips to Manchester/Saint A's.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BriTravel
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly a pleasure to hear that you continue choosing us for your visits to St. A's... what a great school, by the way! We look forward to your next visit.
Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Vermont. About an hour (with no traffic) from Boston Logan. Very clean rooms. The bed vas super firm but after a while you get used to it. Backs up to a baseball field. Has outdoor patio to watch the games. The season was already over when we got there but it looks like a lot of fun to watch a game from there. Friendly staff. Good breakfast but a bit pricey.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your stopover on the way to Vermont. We are glad you found us. It is always a pleasure to hear guest's feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I only stayed for one night alas as I was seeing RUSH at the Verizon before moving on. This hotel looked fabulous from photos and proved correct when I arrived. I booked a room overlooking the baseball field which was a nice extra. Even watched some of the kids playing a game at 8am following morning. Soundproof appeared good as they didnt wake me. The room was large and comfortable and had nice armchair to relax in and watch the baseball. The hotel shuttle was very handy as you just go to a map with 20 hotels listed at airport just press a number for Hilton and they send the shuttle-wish they had similar at Dulles airport which just has numbers for 5 major hotels!
The shuttle driver was very pleasant and took me to Verizon pre show-just a 10 min walk back if traffic heavy which it was but as a lot of fans were staying there this wasnt a problem.
I had a nice peaceful night considering rock fans were staying there. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices-you wouldnt really want lunch the amount they offer-good value-surprised somebody 4 Sept thought $11 dear for a hotel breakfast when a cafe in Pittsburgh charged $9 albeit good food as well. The desk staff and restaurant staff were helpful and I can recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manchester or just going to concert at Verizon.
I even had time to watch some baseball from the patio which overlooks the ground before shuttle came.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking baseball stadium for a little extra for a unique experience
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello and thank you for such kind words about our hotel and staff. We are glad you found us for your night out to see Rush! Our shuttle drivers are fantastic and I will certainly pass along your praises to them. Again, thank you for choosing HGI Manchester, We hope to see you thex time you attend a concert!
North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ended our stay in New England at this hotel. We have stayed here before. It is right next to the baseball park but it was no longer baseball season. Still nice to have the view of the stadium. We had a room on the 6th floor. Very spacious, clean room, comfortable chair for reading, microwave and fridge, good counter space in the bathroom. Very friendly helpful staff. The only negative, is that we could not get the air conditioner to get the room cool for us. It was like it would go off when we were asleep or gone. We like a cold room and it just didn't quite make it. Even so, we would definitely stay here again. It is also within walking distance of the Verizon Center and restaurants and downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your candid review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all the in room amenities and found our staff to exceed your expectations. I do apologize about your air conditioner and our Engineer has addressed this. We hope you get the chance to visit us again during baseball season.
Western United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I arrived and they had some difficulty locating my reservation but eventually found it and made keys up for me after a few minutes. I was checked in and given some free bottled water for my HHonors Gold Status. No room upgrade was offered. I paid the rack rate here, and the place was far from full, but I was just going to crash in the room for 7-8 hours then leave again so it was not worth asking about an upgrade.

The room was a pretty standard HGI Room. Well appointed. Upon closer examination I was not too happy with the cleanliness. There were smudges or fingerprints all over the inner door handle. The curtain openings were dirty feeling when I touched them. I know these are little things but these are the little things Hilton usually gets right and this is why I don’t mind paying $129 for a Hilton vs. paying $69 for a room at a Ramada or some lower standard chain like that. The toilet had a spot on the inner bottom portion. The sheets and towels were very nice and seemed clean, and bed comfortable. The small refrigerator was great and the wi-fi worked well. Upon check out the next morning I visited the desk and the agent told me I was all set; no asking about my stay, no thanks, nothing.

I think they need to work on service and cleanliness. This reminded me more of a Ramada or some lower brand like that, on service and cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your accommodations. We appreciate all guest feedback and suggestions. I am very sorry for the condition of your guest room. Please know that we have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and her team. The description you gave of your room is certainly not indicative of our standards. We pride ourselves on outstanding guest service and cleanliness. We will use your review as an opportunity to address these issues and provide additional training both for housekeeping and the front desk. Thank you for taking the time to provide a candid review of our hotel and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.