“Nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Vermont. About an hour (with no traffic) from Boston Logan. Very clean rooms. The bed vas super firm but after a while you get used to it. Backs up to a baseball field. Has outdoor patio to watch the games. The season was already over when we got there but it looks like a lot of fun to watch a game from there. Friendly staff. Good breakfast but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: September 2012
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your stopover on the way to Vermont. We are glad you found us. It is always a pleasure to hear guest's feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I only stayed for one night alas as I was seeing RUSH at the Verizon before moving on. This hotel looked fabulous from photos and proved correct when I arrived. I booked a room overlooking the baseball field which was a nice extra. Even watched some of the kids playing a game at 8am following morning. Soundproof appeared good as they didnt wake me. The room was large and comfortable and had nice armchair to relax in and watch the baseball. The hotel shuttle was very handy as you just go to a map with 20 hotels listed at airport just press a number for Hilton and they send the shuttle-wish they had similar at Dulles airport which just has numbers for 5 major hotels!
The shuttle driver was very pleasant and took me to Verizon pre show-just a 10 min walk back if traffic heavy which it was but as a lot of fans were staying there this wasnt a problem.
I had a nice peaceful night considering rock fans were staying there. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices-you wouldnt really want lunch the amount they offer-good value-surprised somebody 4 Sept thought $11 dear for a hotel breakfast when a cafe in Pittsburgh charged $9 albeit good food as well. The desk staff and restaurant staff were helpful and I can recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manchester or just going to concert at Verizon.
I even had time to watch some baseball from the patio which overlooks the ground before shuttle came.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking baseball stadium for a little extra for a unique experience
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hello and thank you for such kind words about our hotel and staff. We are glad you found us for your night out to see Rush! Our shuttle drivers are fantastic and I will certainly pass along your praises to them. Again, thank you for choosing HGI Manchester, We hope to see you thex time you attend a concert!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ended our stay in New England at this hotel. We have stayed here before. It is right next to the baseball park but it was no longer baseball season. Still nice to have the view of the stadium. We had a room on the 6th floor. Very spacious, clean room, comfortable chair for reading, microwave and fridge, good counter space in the bathroom. Very friendly helpful staff. The only negative, is that we could not get the air conditioner to get the room cool for us. It was like it would go off when we were asleep or gone. We like a cold room and it just didn't quite make it. Even so, we would definitely stay here again. It is also within walking distance of the Verizon Center and restaurants and downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your candid review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all the in room amenities and found our staff to exceed your expectations. I do apologize about your air conditioner and our Engineer has addressed this. We hope you get the chance to visit us again during baseball season.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I arrived and they had some difficulty locating my reservation but eventually found it and made keys up for me after a few minutes. I was checked in and given some free bottled water for my HHonors Gold Status. No room upgrade was offered. I paid the rack rate here, and the place was far from full, but I was just going to crash in the room for 7-8 hours then leave again so it was not worth asking about an upgrade.

The room was a pretty standard HGI Room. Well appointed. Upon closer examination I was not too happy with the cleanliness. There were smudges or fingerprints all over the inner door handle. The curtain openings were dirty feeling when I touched them. I know these are little things but these are the little things Hilton usually gets right and this is why I don’t mind paying $129 for a Hilton vs. paying $69 for a room at a Ramada or some lower standard chain like that. The toilet had a spot on the inner bottom portion. The sheets and towels were very nice and seemed clean, and bed comfortable. The small refrigerator was great and the wi-fi worked well. Upon check out the next morning I visited the desk and the agent told me I was all set; no asking about my stay, no thanks, nothing.

I think they need to work on service and cleanliness. This reminded me more of a Ramada or some lower brand like that, on service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your accommodations. We appreciate all guest feedback and suggestions. I am very sorry for the condition of your guest room. Please know that we have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and her team. The description you gave of your room is certainly not indicative of our standards. We pride ourselves on outstanding guest service and cleanliness. We will use your review as an opportunity to address these issues and provide additional training both for housekeeping and the front desk. Thank you for taking the time to provide a candid review of our hotel and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here a night to attend a concert at the Verizon Wireless Center. While they have a hotel shuttle for the local area, it was a very easy walk up to the arena and the nearby restaurants on Elm Street. We were back at the hotel while most people were still waiting to get out of the nearby parking garages. The hotel itself is very nice - clean, pretty new. Got a sizeable 2-queen room on the ballpark side overlooking the field. No game going on, but it was certainly a unique view. Indoor pool is very small, but the hot tub is outside and shaped like home plate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester for your accommodations after the concert! We are located 2 blocks from the Arena and as you mentioned, our shuttle is available for guests who do not wish to walk or during inclement weather. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and please keep us in mind for the next concert you attend!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

One of the best in the Hilton Garden Inn group. Centrally located in downtown Manchester, NH. Unique to this property is its location overlooking Manchester's semi-pro baseball field. Half of the rooms ar on the ball field side. Neat outside dining at centerfield where you can catch the occasional home run ball (during baseball season, of course). Hotel staff is great, very responsive. Nice full service restaurant on site and small sports bar too. Short walk to Elm Street where some really fine restaurants are located.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the ball field side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay while taking advantage of some of Manchester's restaurants. There are some fantastic dining options in Manchester including our own Pavilion and Patio (seasonal) restaurants! We look forward to your return visit the next time your travel plans bring you back to Manchester!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Maine and it was the perfect stopover. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. The hotel was spotless. It is too bad there was no baseball game because we could have sat on the patio and watched the game while eating and drinking from the restaurant. We had breakfast included and it was very good. Omelettes made to order along with the usual buffett items. We ate one dinner at the hotel also and while it was good it wasn't write home about good. If you are visiting this area of New Hampshire you can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: if there is a baseball game get a room with a view of the field
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for Choosing HGI Manchester as your stopover heading to Maine. Be sure to check out NHFishercats.com for next season's schedule, so you can catch a game next time. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manchester Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown? Share your experiences!