“where are the five stars?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown

Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
manchester, nh
“where are the five stars?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

We have been working on our house and needed to take a night off. We decided to treat ourselves to a nice relaxing evening with amenities. The whirlpool tub for two which we paid extra for was no more than a somewhat larger tub and not at all for two. On our floor were several children of various ages who were left unsupervised and quite unruly. They were running up and down the halls running into doors while hollering and carrying on until about 11:30 until i went out in the hall and said something to that bunch. Another group that was older monopolized the outside hot tub for a number of hours. When mentioning these problems to the front desk clerk I was given a weak smile with no words at all which left me all the more dissapointed.
The staff in room service were very pleasant and professional but the quality of the product was fair. Housekeeping supplied the room for two with only toiletries for one.

Stayed December 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2008

This is simply a terrific hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester is a recently renovated property--a beautiful use of an old mill building. The staff are warm and welcoming and there are many nice, small touches at this hotel that add up to a good experience. I travel
extensively for work and have the opportunity to stay at beautiful, high-end, full service hotels, but this hotel has something special. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious--the recent renovation and
the accompanying freshness of everything makes this location stand above other hotels in the area. The bathroom was large and the long, double sink vanity was especially nice. Again, there are a lot of little things that make this property welcoming and comfortable.

• Liked — The hotel is recently renovates and feels clean and fresh.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Grommit7
south jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2007

While traveling with a friend in Maine, we needed a place to stay near the Manchester airport for an early flight home. I had never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn so we gave it a try. I'm glad we did! This is a nice hotel with an upscale decor and feel to it. It is connected to the minor league ballpark which can be viewed from the windows in your room. The only complaint we had was that it was impossible to find - even with GPS! We went around in circles until stopping and asking directions. And the only reason we finally did find it was because we knew it was connected to the ballpark. I would suggest better signage and directions. I was afraid to leave to get dinner - didn't think we'd ever find our way back - so we ate at their cafe which was fine. The rooms were very clean and roomier than most. The bed was so comfortable it was hard to get up the next morning! The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a good ending to a great trip.

• Liked — 5 miles to the airport
  • Disliked — hard to find
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank gratefulgirl
Portsmouth, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Hotel in Manchester, NH and had an overall very nice experience. I was surprised how nice the hotel rooms where with nice big beds and clean comfortable room. The view of the city was very nice from the room. The front desk staff was very nice. The hotel must have been close to being sold out as there was not much parking left available but we managed to find a space. Overall, good value for the money and our room package included breakfast the next morning. The food was good but the set up of the breakfast seemed very disorganized and I felt bad for the one lady that the hotel had working. She seemed really busy and overwhelmed and should have had help. I would return to the hotel and stay again if given the chance. Its a nice property with a great location next to the ball park and everything is new.

• Liked — New facility and comfortable hotel beds. Great location.
  • Disliked — Very very tiny indoor pool, disorganized morning food service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank NorthernVisitor
McMinnville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

I recently spent four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn. I was visiting my son and the hotel was near his apartment. I used
the hotel shuttle service several times to ride to my son's apartment. The driver was very nice and it was nice to have this
service available. I did find out the shuttle does not operate on
Sundays(don't know why)??? My room was very large and I
was happy to have a loveseat and chair with ottoman in the room.The bathroom was large-double sink area. I did not eat
breakfast at the hotel, but did go to the bar one night for drinks
and appetizers. They have jazz musicans Thursday-Sunday
nights-very nice. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank nlg
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

My parents and I stayed one night, 10-11-07. The hotel is absolutely beautiful inside and out. I thought it was a brand new property until I saw a plaque on the wall recognizing the Hilton's outstanding job in renovating an old textile mill into the current facility.

We had a rate which included breakfast for all three of us which came to $135 tax inclusive. The breakfast is a very heavy buffet with any type of hot or cold food one wants for breakfast. We had also eaten dinner in the restaurant the evening prior. On a scale of 1 to 10, dinner was a 7.5 - worth staying there for when it is dark, cold and raining outside.

The rear of the property forms the back wall of a minor league stadium, with patio and bar seating behind the second base. I can imagine this being on of the best seats in town if you are a ball fan.

Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was professional and courteous, and the hotel decor was bright and attractive.

• Liked — the facility being a renovated mill - great use of existing building
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Joandio
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2007

I don't like to write negative reviews, but I think it's important for travelers to know what they are getting into when they book a hotel. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn because it was located in downtown Manchester and was supposedly just a short distance from the Palace Theater, where we would be seeing a show.

From the moment my friends and I checked in, all went downhill. The service at the front desk was abrupt and unfriendly. The room was okay, but we had some problems with the hair dryer falling off the wall; maintenance did fix it quickly. The location of the hotel is iffy; if you are attending a Fisher Cats game the hotel is right at the Stadium (which I enjoyed, being a minor league baseball fan) and is also very near Verizon arena. Almost anything else is a drive. I know I'm in the minority as a walker; the location of this hotel was not convenient for walking.

The worst part of our stay was breakfast the next morning. The hotel sells packages that include breakfast and I think every guest in the hotel had this package. When we went down at 10:00 a.m the very small breakfast area was packed; we did eventually get a table and we sat and waited, and waited. Finally someone came over and told us everything was self serve. I've never heard of a breakfast buffet where the server doesn't bring you coffee and juice, but this one does not. My concern was once we got up and went to get even coffee someone could think the table was empty and take it. We were lucky that no one did. When we got up to wear the food was, all the warming trays were empty; no eggs, bacon, pancakes, nothing. Oh, there was cereal and fruit and a few home fries. Omelets were made to order but there was, I think, only one person cooking so it was a wait. I grabbed the few meager bits if food I could find and went back to my table. As food was delivered to other tables, I heard some people say it was cold. This breakfast was an absolute disaster. Why this hotel did not have more staff on for a weekend breakfast I will never know. Do not get the package that includes breakfast. It's not worth the cost or the long periods of time you have to wait for food.

We will stay somewhere else our next time in Manchester. There's a Radisson nearby.

• Liked — Room was nice and hotel overlooked the Fisher Cats stadium
  • Disliked — Poor customer service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends