Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Always clean and well maintained property. The gym and pool are great!

On site restaurant is great for dinner and the room service is always up to par.

In the spring, make sure you catch a minor league baseball game; the hotel is situated in the outfield of the NH Fisher Cats home field. You can eat burgers and such while sitting on the outdoor patio/grill while watching the game.

Truly my second home!!

• Stayed: October 2010
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is terrific to know that as a repeat guest, we are consistently able to meet your expectations! I'm thrilled to hear that you are able to enjoy the pool and fitness center. Stay tuned because this month we are completely upgrading our fitness center with all new equipment. Should you happen to be staying with us during the renovation, please be advised that we will provide transportation to and from and pay for our guests to use a local workout facility during the renovations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a conference during the great heat wave of 2011 - and it was a welcome oasis! The rooms are large and comfortable (with excellent a/c and an adjustable thermostat), and the breakfast facilities and offerings are lovely - and included with the room rate. Best of all, the hotel abuts the Manchester Fisher Cats' ballpark, and guests in the hotel can watch the games, for free, from the patio while dining or having a drink. I'm not a baseball fan ordinarily, but the games were fun anyway - something about being outside in the festive and relaxing atmosphere. AND there are excellent fireworks after the games - it's quite an extravaganza! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for this wonderful review. We have survived the "great heat wave" and I am happy that you were able to escape the heat and retreat to your room! I am glad to hear that our location suited you well even if not a die hard baseball fan! I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Checked in on the 4th of July for a week of business travel. Headed straight for the patio, ordered a beer and watched the Fisher Cats game from the center field. Best hotel bar, ever. Chris, the bartender was a hoot and I look forward to chatting with him again.

During my stay there was a mix up with a cutting board and knife I brought with me. Housekeeping took them when they cleaned up my room. Not a big deal, but the hotel staff (Brenda I think) found the cutting board, replaced the knife and provided me with a lovely cheese and cracker plate to make up for their mistake. Above and beyond my expectations!

The room was great, worked at the desk, read in the chair, slept soundly in the bed. I'll be back tomorrow evening, and am looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Great for business or family travelers, especially during baseball season.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is such a pleasure when our staff is recognized for their commitment to guest service! We look forward to seeing you again for another game!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Recently our family got together for a memorial event in Manchester. There were around 20 of us ranging in age from toddlers to almost 70 years of age. We spent 2 nights here and included a welcome event in a private room with dinner and beverages while watching the professional baseball game on the attached field.
I can't say enough good things about the food, the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. It was a welcome and surprising extra to our family gathering.
I highly recommend this hotel for anything - business or pleasure and the big bonus is that it overlooks the baseball field so you watch professional baseball which ends in a great fireworks show on the weekends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate all guest feedback and it is always a pleasure to know that we have met and exceeded guest's expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My son works for the team this season so we went up to catch a game and see him for a few days. My daughters, sister and I shared a 2 queen room on the 5th floor overlooking the field. As my sister said, "Gotta love waking up to a beautiful green baseball field every morning". We loved our stay here.
We arrived earlier than the 4:00 check in but were given our room anyway which was so nice as we had just traveled from another hotel in Maine and wanted to settle in. We quickly went down to the pool area to let the kids swim and cool off - it was in the 80's and humid, unusual for late May. My son was out in the field with the team so we were able to chat with him from the pool area - I liked that. We noticed how nice the lounge area of the restaurant looked from the pool, we decided when they opened we would head over for a bite to eat and watch batting practice. We did just that and had a wonderful time. We could have stayed at that table for the whole game, we did have tickets however so we made our way to the seats for game time. My daughters (9 and 7) were a bit hot and bored in their seats so we went back up to the room after only 4 innings. I didn't mind this a bit as we were able to still watch the game but RELAX. The fireworks at the end of a big win was an added bonus.
The next morning we had the buffet breakfast (purchased with the room) and headed out early back to RI. The whole experience here was wonderful and I can't wait to come back in July.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2011

What a generous review of our hotel! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities. We look forward to seeing you in July. Take a look at our Baseball Package deal, it comes with free breakfast, a ballpark view room and a baseball goodie bag with all the snacks you need while enjoying the game. See you soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I enjoyed my three nights here. All members of the staff were friendly and helpful, including their assistance with special meal accommodations. I loved sitting on the patio to watch the Fishercats warm up and play some home games. The restaurant served a good breakfast and dinner; breakfast was made-to-order food and dinner was a standard but well-prepared hotel fare. The workout facility is tiny but satisfactory. The location is a bit confusing the first time, and inconvenient during baseball games because of all the traffic. I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy a Fishercats game! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

My husband & I had breakfast here and were not greeted nor welcomed. The dining facility is literally IN the lobby by the front desk so how this could possibly occur is beyond me. Any empty tables were trashed. They were severely understaffed. The bacon was cold & greasy. After fixing ourselves a plate in the buffet line we sat at a STILL dirty table. After asking for utensils numerous times we didn't get any until finally a manager told the waiter that they "simply didn't have any" (silverware, that is) "what do you want me to do?". The busperson didn't seem to understand a lick of English and was scrambling around gathering up dirty coffe cups & juice glasses by gripping them all together with his fingers. No tray. We were charged $11 each for pre-cooked and steam table stored eggs, cold bacon and under ripe, flavorless canteloupe. NEVER AGAIN will we dine at The Hilton Garedn Inn anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2011
hgimanch, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your breakfast experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am so sorry for your disappointment. Please know that we have addressed this situation in order to prevent anything like this from happening in the future. In addition, we have changed the way in which we offer breakfast. We have gone back to offering the full cooked to order breakfast buffet at the request of our guests. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience and hope you will consider giving us another try as we would love for you to come have breakfast or dinner with our compliments. Please call the hotel directly and ask for Mandy if you choose to take us up on this offer. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to hearing from you.