“They did it right on Mothers' Day”
Review of Cotton

Cotton
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 399 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stark Street
Description: Cotton features the cooking of multiple award-winning Chef/Author/Owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire’s historic millyard district, Cotton is known for exceptional farm to table comfort food, friendly yet professional service and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It’s the place the New York Times calls “hip”. Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named “One of the ten best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast” by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features classic American and worldly comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of “Best Martinis in New Hampshire” by New Hampshire Magazine year after year after year. Reservationrecommended on Friday and Saturday evenings. Visit us on
Virginia
“They did it right on Mothers' Day”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My daughters and I took my mom to Cotton for Mothers' Day. The server (Britney, or maybe Brittany) was very attentive and did a great job. We ordered drinks and the goat cheese appetizer. I love goat cheese, though I had never had it served floating in marinara sauce. It was pretty good. I had the swordfish, which was perfect. The lobster and scallops ravioli and salmon both got rave reviews from my daughters, and the meatloaf my mother ordered was also tasty. The desserts were also very good. I recommend the shortcake topped with lemon curd and sweet strawberry frosting and sliced strawberries.

Days like this are very busy times for restaurants, and they handled the volume with grace and good humor. We were very pleased with our server's performance, and the food as well. Nicely played, Cotton!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank John R

Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Great experience ”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Found Cotton on Trip Advisor and after reading several reviews I decided to try it for a special occasion planned. The ambiance is great kind of a forties vibe, the service was there when needed but not in your face. The food was prepared perfectly with awesome presentation. We just had a wonderful experience and will definitely return when in Manchester.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“We didn't do it justice but what we had was wonderful”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We decided to go to Cotton before a hockey game last night but didn't want the 3 course meal that we usually do on a dining night out. So we decided on the way there to either have appetizers or just an entrée each. I made reservations via Opentable (strange you get no points...oh well). I did ask for a booth in the bar as the tables (for two) down below are very close together and actually make us uncomfortable as we can't have a conversation without next door joining in. The tables for four though are much more private and the patio is open and the tables are better spaced there.

We ordered our usual martinis which were good. We were served some nice warm sourdough bread and it was so good I asked for more and there it was!!!

My Wife decided on the calamari (she has had it before) appetizer and I went after the two 5oz chicken breasts with the port and mushroom sauce. OMG, both were superb. The calamari was succulent, a little hot pepper tasting and my Wife just loved them. My chicken was the best I have ever eaten out. The chicken was cooked perfectly the sauce was to die for and the mashed potatoes actually had a (couple) of real potato chunks. The veggies that also came with my dish were not overcooked yet a wonderful texture.

One zing is that we did say we were in no hurry but the meal still turned up very quickly after we ordered. But our server said there was no hurry to leave and we never felt hurried.

Our sever, Brittany, was tremendous. Very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and attentive. We could not have asked for better.

As I said, we didn't do this place justice with just one appetizer and one entrée but what we had was exquisite. We almost went back tonight just to eat we were that impressed. We will be back for a destination meal next time.....

Way to go Cotton

1 Thank nh
Bedford, NH
“Reservation Disappointment”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Cotton is one of our favorite dining destinations. We were very disappointed today though when we called to make dinner reservations for 8 next weekend and told the limit is 6 people. Unfortunately, we'll have to dine elsewhere.

Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Great menu, great food, great service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had the lamb and it was super, the flavor was really good, a little salty for my taste but I still loved it. If you are a couple and want privacy you must ask for a booth otherwise you are seated a little to close to other people and can't help but to hear their conversations. Overall, great place.