“Excellent Excellent Excellent”
Review of Cotton

Cotton
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 421 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stark Street
Description: Cotton features the cooking of multiple award-winning Chef/Author/Owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire’s historic millyard district, Cotton is known for exceptional farm to table comfort food, friendly yet professional service and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It’s the place the New York Times calls “hip”. Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named “One of the ten best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast” by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features classic American and worldly comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of “Best Martinis in New Hampshire” by New Hampshire Magazine year after year after year. Reservationrecommended on Friday and Saturday evenings. Visit us on
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

If this is helpful click the helpful link below.
------------------------------------------

Food - outstanding. I had salmon and it was fresh. My guest had a chicken sandwich.. It was huge and tasty.

Location - good for Manchester centrally located in the mill yard.

Parking - can be tight some days but there was spots available today. The parking lot in general is tricky.

Service - our waitress was spot on and very pleasant.

Price - lunch was $37 with 1 shared appetizer, drinks and entrees. Not bad. I believe dinner can be slightly above average but its certainly worth it.

Bar - there was a decent size bar but it was lunch time so I couldn't tell how busy it was during a peak time.

Overall - I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to everyone. Nice job Cotton.

1  Thank Tripking07

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Cotton is one of the mainstays in Manchester. It is consistently good. Great specials, cocktails and a real nice big city vibe.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great decor, helpful and cheerful staff and great lunch selections. This is THE place of choice to have a business lunch. Casual and friendly. Eager to please. Entrees, sandwich selections, are superb. Fish & chips can't be beat. Prices are very reasonable. You will, no doubt, make this a bistro of choice when downtown Manchester.

1  Thank EclecticAero
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was the gist time my husband and I dined at cotton. We had 7pm reservations on a Thursday for my birthday. The place wasn't too full when we arrived. We were promptly seated, and ordered drinks about 5 minutes later. The drinks took forever. When they finally came, they were delicious and strong. Try the salted caramel apple martini. It's worth the $9.50.

I ordered the pumpkin soup special which was very good. Just the right amount of salt and pepper. My meatloaf entree was a little dry. My husband ordered the steak special which was also good.

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and will probably go back.

1  Thank RPR84
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Pumpkin soup good.

Main entree was breaded chicken with potato and Jambalaya.
Took 35 minutes, long, long wait.

Red wine (Shiraz) had funny taste.

Jambalaya is not their specialty- rice no that good as expected.

Dessert was good.

We make a reservation online, when we arrive the hostess had some serious attitude problem, don't know why she works front of the house. Should work at back of the house instead.

Service has to improve.