“consistently nice place to dine”
Review of Cotton

Cotton
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 407 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stark Street
Description: Cotton features the cooking of multiple award-winning Chef/Author/Owner Jeffrey Paige. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire’s historic millyard district, Cotton is known for exceptional farm to table comfort food, friendly yet professional service and an inviting, casual upscale atmosphere. It’s the place the New York Times calls “hip”. Both a classic neighborhood restaurant, named “One of the ten best neighborhood restaurants in the Northeast” by Bon Appetit Magazine, and a destination for diners throughout central New England, Cotton features classic American and worldly comfort food, an extensive wine list featuring over 40 wines by the glass and holds the distinct honor of “Best Martinis in New Hampshire” by New Hampshire Magazine year after year after year. Reservationrecommended on Friday and Saturday evenings. Visit us on
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I took a companion there last evening for dinner. We had arrived early and the place was bustling, but after enjoying a cocktail for about ten minutes at the (crowded) bar, we were seated promptly. The service was very efficient, though slightly perfunctory. Good, though. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals (ahi tuna Tataki with a delicious salad; scallops with salad; steak Diane; spinach salad with berries and dried fruits, grilled salmon over farro grains [delicious side of mashed potatoes}; and for dessert we split an excellent Bananas Foster cake. Yum!) In the warmer weather I like to have lunch outside there. Very relaxing. I also lover the very retro decor.

There are newer reviews for Cotton

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The restaurant is in the middle of the old cotton mills. You will be amazed as you drive through at the height and number of them. At one time Manchester was the largest cotton mill town in the USA. 5000 looms working! The restaurant is just like a real speakeasy, with low light, and waiters who allow you all the time you need to to enjoy and eat.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Delicious, eclectic food, good environment, reasonable prices and excellent service!

We had the turkey cutlet and shrimp/scallop entrees. Both prepared well and cooked to perfection. Spinach salad large enough for two. If you like crab cakes, must try theirs.

Regards,
Char L

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have dined at Cotton many times over the past several years and have to say in the past year the food has been the best since I have been going. I would definitely recommend Cotton for a business lunch, or just lunch with friends. The restaurant is set in one of the historic mill buildings along the river, has a fairly open dining room and patio for the warmer months. They do have a designated parking lot but on a busy day you may have to park in the larger pay-for-parking area. The buttermilk fried chicken is amazing and I find that I tend to order this almost everytime I go, sort of a comfort food treat. Their calamari is quite good. Last year they had a fabulous salad with apples, pecans and farmers cheese that I wish would be back on the menu. It was amazing. Meal portions and flavors are appropriate for the prices, in my opinion.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went to cotton for the first time the other night with my wife. The atmosphere is open and exciting but a little loud because it's just a big room with round tables on one side and small tables on the other side with a few booths. Since we were two we were seated at the small tables which put us a few feet away from the other customers on either side. This wasn't a problem and even though it was busy we still had no problem talking to each other, just added this so that people know it's not a romantic, no distractions place. This is more of a go have a good meal and be out place, a great date night or meet some friends place but not a good anniversary night place.

So that little bit aside everything was great. The waiter (Anthony) was attentive but not intrusive. The menu was eclectic and centered on local treats like scallops and lobster and products like goat cheese many done with a bit of southern fusion, and some southern staples like jambalaya and fried chicken with gravy.

We started with the tuna appetizer which was yummy and then split a special arugula salad. The salad was big enough to split and just a perfect pairing of baby arugula, roasted peppers, thin red onion, and a couple different hard cheeses in a sherry vinaigrette. The pairing showed competence on the chiefs part and the execution was well done.

For dinner I had the scallops with applewood bacon/sweet potato/corn has and chipotle aioli, it was well prepared and delicious with a total of 7 nice big sea scallops. My wife had the steak Diane which was tender and well sized. We both took home lunches from our meals.

The wine list was good and we each found wines we knew and liked available by the glass, which is good since we tend to only have a glass each.

We finished with the banana's foster bread pudding desert and two espresso drinks. The banana bread pudding was very good and overall we had a great meal with the total coming in around $100 before tip.

I would definitely return and recommend to others as long.