“Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cotton

Cotton
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 396 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stark Street
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of Manchester's best, menu is interesting, a little edgy, the atmosphere is always buzzing. There bartenders could be a bit friendlier though.

Visited October 2012

Lake Norman, North Carolina
“Cotton Pickin' Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Historic mill area near the river makes this a great stop. Menu stresses local farm fresh items. Place was full for lunch & everyone seemed happy and satisfied. Good food and service. Give it a try!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Today was my third visit to Cotton for lunch and once again I left wondering why I have not visited for dinner. The restaurant, housed in Manchester’s historic millyard district is warm and inviting. I would not call the service friendly but it is attentive. The menu is somewhat retro, fried chicken, meatloaf, and wedge salads are among the offerings. The background music, just loud enough to be noticed and enjoyed, adds greatly to the relaxing ambiance. The calamari are fabulous, perfectly fried with just enough hot cherry peppers to provide some heat but not overwhelm the squid. The soup of the day, cream of chicken, was silky and lovely, and the farmhouse salad was fresh and delicious. The crab cake burger was really good and the coleslaw is the best.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Cotton, not the best in manchester.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I and my wife and two friends just went to Cotton for my wife's birthday. I have to say I and my friend were not super impressed with the food. (although, my wife and friends girlfriend liked it)
I asked for my steak medium and it was very rare! When I brought this to the attention of my waitress by saying "I asked for my streak medium" she looked at me and said "and what would you think that is?" So I told her "It still has a pulse". The center was cold and red, not pink at all. They did remove the steak from the bill (not that, that was my intention at all) that is beside the point. Also the restaurant was very hot like so hot that all four of us were saying it was too hot, if it was just me I would not have thought it to big a deal but if everyone was uncomfotable that is a problem. Maybe it was just an off night as both I and my friend had steaks and did not find them great and the girls had other dishes and liked them im not sure.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank beowulf566
Plaistow, New Hampshire
“Special occasion place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I had the best steak I've ever had at Cotton. They're a little pricey, but I wouldn't say their prices are unreasonable, just that I'd prefer to pay less because I'm a poor young'n. The service was great, and I loved their complimentary bread. I suppose the best way to describe how much I liked it is that I drive on 293 to and from work every day with a perfect view of Cotton, and every day I look longingly over the river at it and want to go back.